pants vs shorts

philly22

First time on rcl ,don't know what fuss is about? Not sold on rcl, compare to Norwegian Norwegian seem to care for people needs more Also don't see the different between wearing long pants vs shorts when going to dinner . Went to Giovanni's and Chops worn shorts , service and food were the same.

I thought you had to wear pants in speciality dining, now that is dummied down? OP said the food in Giovannie's and Chops was the same I thought one was Italian and Chops was a steak house. When did that change?:loudcry:

No enforcement of dress suggestions anymore, pretty much for the last few years.

I thought you had to wear pants in speciality dining, now that is dummied down? OP said the food in Giovannie's and Chops was the same I thought one was Italian and Chops was a steak house. When did that change?:loudcry:

A thread question of contradictions,very strange then i noticed op only has 11 posts?. Nothing made sense to me.

First time on rcl ,don't know what fuss is about? Not sold on rcl, compare to Norwegian Norwegian seem to care for people needs more Also don't see the different between wearing long pants vs shorts when going to dinner . Went to Giovanni's and Chops worn shorts , service and food were the same.

What ship and itinerary? So how was the cruise?

I think what he was trying to say was:-

Why do people think Royal is a cut above what is arguably its nearest rival (NCL), when NCL seems to be happier to give the customer what they want?

Why is wearing shorts looked down upon in certain areas - and why are long trousers more acceptable in these areas. What is so offensive about short pants.?

The OP felt the service and food in the "paid" restaurants to be the same, despite the fact that he wore his short pants.

I would say that Royal and Norwegian have more in common than they have in differences, but Royal are trying to give people what they want too... not everyone wants "freestyle".

The shorts thing - well, I think there are very nice shorts that would look very dapper. But, if we were allowed to turn up in shorts you just KNOW that someone would turn up in something suitable for the sports hall!

As for wearing shorts to the "upcharge" restaurants - well I must admit - I always thought that odd... surely that is where the expectation to dress up should lie? But then again - they ain't gonna turn people away who have already paid for MDR + an upcharge entry fee. Don't forget these people might pay even more for a lobster and steak!! They can probably turn up in flippers and a hula skirt if they wanted!! haha!

I understood it fine. The OP like me goes on different lines and was trying to point out (perhaps cloudy wording) why does RCI insist on pants at night?

It does appear NCL is more casual and so the OP should go back to NCL as I myself am doing more often. They do perks upfront in bookings too.

I do think tho on NCL they should ask men to wear pants at night. I don't think knees and sneaks are a good look in evening. Otherwise let me wear my robe and slippers. Ha Ha just kidding

Even freestyle needs to have some taste. :cool: