Port Canaveral for Toddler

Jen

Any suggestions for shore excursions for a toddler in Port Canaveral? I would love to do Disney but can't see spending all the money for such a short time. Anyone do Disney Springs for few hours instead? Would a two year old enjoy the Space Station?

Just wanted to let you know what I experienced at Port Canaveral. I was traveling with a 5 and 8 year old so that is different than a toddler. Some people I talked with did do the day at Disney. Yes it is a short amount of time for what you get but you are assured that you will get back in time if you do it through the ship. The 5 and 8 year old went to the Space Center with their parents. They said it was a lot of waiting in line and very crowded. They did some research ahead of time and were able to maximize their time there so if you pick that do some planning ahead on what you would like to see. We took the shuttle to Cocoa Beach. If it is a nice day this a great option, The walk from the drop off point to the beach is a bit of a walk so hopefully you will have a stroller with you. Hope you have a great cruise!

Rent a car and go to the Brevard Zoo and finish up at the beach.

I agree. There's really nothing to do at the Port for a toddler. The only real touristy thing to do is the Exploration tower at the port, it is a bit of a walk so a stroller would be needed.

I think that Disney is so vast that you really need to do it as a land trip, and stay there for a few days. Kennedy is better for older kids. If there are long lines, little ones cn get cranky.

When we were at Port Canaveral, there was another option which we booked through the ship. It was a boat ride on the Banana River. The ride was narrated, and explained the ecosystem of the river. We saw manatees and local sea birds.. Children seemed to enjoy this, and so did we.

I loved the Brevard Zoo! The Space Center will bore a toddler. Disney is vast. If your excursion comes with a fast pass for everything and a guarantee back to the ship, it might be worth it. Princess lines and the newer rides can be hours long. There is a Manatee Sanctuary Park, but it’s really just a boardwalk and picnic area. The Time and Tide Tours on the Banana River go in search of sea life. Other than that, it’s the mall or golf course or beach. There are showers at most of the public beaches.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No one recommended sea world? We're leaving on the breakaway 11/12. Traveling with toddlers 4&5. Was thinking sea world. Just wondering why no one recommended sea world.

Dumb guy question, but aren't they only considered "toddlers" up until about 36 months?

Dumb guy question, but aren't they only considered "toddlers" up until about 36 months?

Sounds like older preschoolers. WDW is rarely recommended because of the time in port. You won’t even get to a park until after 2, lines will be long, and you only get a few hours for your very pricy ticket (personally I’d buy the ticket 30days in advance and try to score some fast passes).

Sounds like older preschoolers. WDW is rarely recommended because of the time in port. You won’t even get to a park until after 2, lines will be long, and you only get a few hours for your very pricy ticket (personally I’d buy the ticket 30days in advance and try to score some fast passes).

They didn't ask about WDW. They asked about SeaWorld.

So weird, I saw that right after I posted, edited my post, but I guess it didn’t work, going to try again.

ETA, for some reason it won’t let me edit that post, so weird.

I think there is only a 15 minute editing window, or something like that.

Don't waste your time going to Disney. It is too far, and you are not there long enough to make it worth your time. KSC is probably not a good bet either, because your child is too young to understand much of it, though they might enjoy the rocket park.

No one recommended sea world? We're leaving on the breakaway 11/12. Traveling with toddlers 4&5. Was thinking sea world. Just wondering why no one recommended sea world.

Sea world is a day trip in my opinion. It would take a full day to enjoy the park. I think there is a place that does airb-boat rides which is fun my kids took their first air-boat ride before the could ride their bikes. There is also the Merritt square mall not far from the port there is actually bungy jumping thing in there I see kids on all the time. I thimk they also have glow in the dark put put in the mall also at least they use too. If you want to go into Orlando there is tons of stuff to do on international drive, lots of kids stuff.

Definitely go to the Brevard zoo. I am local and my son took my 2 1/2 year-old grand daughter there recently and she loved it. She still talks about the giraffe she got to pet.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thank you very much.