Water bev package vs refreshment

vaca1981

I need some help clarifying. The refreshment package includes bottled water, is that unlimited bottles? Like if i wanted to can I get 3 a day? If this is the case would this be a better purchase instead of the water bev package, which only gives you 12 bottles?

I need some help clarifying. The refreshment package includes bottled water, is that unlimited bottles? Like if i wanted to can I get 3 a day? If this is the case would this be a better purchase instead of the water bev package, which only gives you 12 bottles?

The water package is for 1L bottle of Evian. The refreshment package includes bottled spring water and sparkiling water as well as soda, specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juice and non-alcoholic cocktails. The spring water bottles are 500 mg and the sparkling (San Pellegrino) are 375mg. I have never had an issue getting water anytime I wanted it, many times I have had many more than 3 in a day. They typically will not give you more than one bottle at a time, though on occasion, I have been able to get two at a time.

The refreshment package goes on sale for $18/day a lot, look out for that price.

If water is all you want, I'd just throw a case in your checked luggage and hope for the best. Lots and lots of people have reported having no issues at all, even putting luggage tags directly on cases of water and not even bothering to put them in luggage.

They're far more concerned about people skirting the much more expensive alcohol rules.

Yes, you can have as many as you can drink. Usually I get a espresso based drink, and a bottle of water at the same time. Never a problem. I probably drink 6-8 bottles a day.

Refreshment’s water is the more generic brand (like Poland springs) of 500ml bottles of spring water.

Water package is a box of 12 1l bottles of Evian that are delivered to your room.

For me, the water package and paying as I go for iced lattes makes more sense. I don’t use the fresh squeezed oj, sparking water, soda, or non alcoholic cocktails benefit. And I love Evian. So it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok thanks everyone for your advice. Since you can get multiple bottles throughout the day we will stick with the refreshment. On our honeymoon, (12 yrs ago) i got sick from drinking the cruise ship water so since I have always super nervous about it. Taking our kids for the first time (6and 3) so want to make sure they have bottled water to drink as well.

Ok thanks everyone for your advice. Since you can get multiple bottles throughout the day we will stick with the refreshment. On our honeymoon, (12 yrs ago) i got sick from drinking the cruise ship water so since I have always super nervous about it. Taking our kids for the first time (6and 3) so want to make sure they have bottled water to drink as well.

You do know that sharing your package is not permitted. Assume you will be buying packages for your children as well. Can't imagine that you got sick from the water. Was this documented?

$18/day x 4 (I assume it is 2 adults and 2 kids) is a LOT of money to spend on water. I would want some very legit proof that I was sick from the ship water before I paid that much for water. Plus...if the water was the true cause...isn't the majority of the ship food made with/or washed with that same water? So...you would need to also bring in your own food as well.

DH got refreshment package for $18/day. He will buy as he goes for alcoholic drinks as he only has 1 or 2 per day. I got water package. I drink water, hot and ice tea, occasional soda - no juice or coffee, etc. I plan to buy soda for minibar, supposedly $2 + 18% per can, sold in 6 packs.

Just to clarify, if OP was purchasing a package of water bottles, that can be shared. A Soda or Royal Refreshment package cannot.

Yes was going to purchase bottles for kids. Yet just looked into our suite perks and it includes complementary water. :)

I haven’t seen a water beverage package. Is that on Oasis too?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as I know.

$18/day x 4 (I assume it is 2 adults and 2 kids) is a LOT of money to spend on water. I would want some very legit proof that I was sick from the ship water before I paid that much for water. Plus...if the water was the true cause...isn't the majority of the ship food made with/or washed with that same water? So...you would need to also bring in your own food as well.

Fwiw I assume someone buying refreshment is also partaking in espresso drinks, fresh squeezed OJ, soda, etc.

Yes was going to purchase bottles for kids. Yet just looked into our suite perks and it includes complementary water. :)

Remember that the water packages are liter bottles, which are big for kids. Smaller waters for purchase are Evian and expensive; you can’t (from my experience) buy the smaller “Poland springs” types of brands individually.

I hope the suite perks allow enough water for the kids! Or bring resizable water bottles and decant the water package bottles.