Allure: Confessions of a solo passenger

hucifer

Where oh where is our favorite single cruiser? Oh, and by the way, I just remembered (remembering is hard) that my DW and myself did the Allure in 2 of 16. ( I looked at my own signature the other day and saw it, DAH!)

I cant wait anymore, gotta go pack for my own Harmony Cruise in 8 days.

I'll check back later and maybe you'll have been on. Oh yea, been to Labadee, too, and you forgot to mention the dirty sand. It was just gross.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

All right Wendy. This is the last time I'm bumping your unfinished review. At least grant us some closure, or a to be continued sort of teaser, if you can manage it.

Best wishes to you and I sincerely hope your prolonged disappearance is linked only to benign causes.

If I still have any readers left, my sincerest apologies. Life with my son got crazy busy in December. Then around the holidays I met someone and all of my free time went to him. But I have since ended that relationship and now I'm ready to FINISH THIS THING.

One thing that became overwhelming was the time it took to reply to every poster. I hate to have someone get ignored whenever they say something witty or complimentary, so replying to each person became quite time-consuming. If I don't reply to everyone, then I am more willing to keep on top of this.

The entire report is written, it's just a matter of dedicating my personal time to post. Which I promise to do!

For those that stuck around all these months, thank you. And...I'm sorry.

It is ALIVE!!!

Apology accepted!! No sarcasm ment. Please continue. And do not reply. And sorry for your personal bumps in the road.

Remember men are like buses there will be another one along in ten minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If I still have any readers left, my sincerest apologies. Life with my son got crazy busy in December. Then around the holidays I met someone and all of my free time went to him. But I have since ended that relationship and now I'm ready to FINISH THIS THING.

One thing that became overwhelming was the time it took to reply to every poster. I hate to have someone get ignored whenever they say something witty or complimentary, so replying to each person became quite time-consuming. If I don't reply to everyone, then I am more willing to keep on top of this.

The entire report is written, it's just a matter of dedicating my personal time to post. Which I promise to do!

For those that stuck around all these months, thank you. And...I'm sorry.

Saweet! I just finished all 17 pages this afternoon and this will be my... Eh, don't remember what number solo cruise in September. I LOVE THEM!

DAY 3 cont (after five months!)

[before I continue, I have to say that you people are awesome. Thank you for your patience and persistence. Y'all have humbled me. Okay, onward...]

[somewhere in fake Haiti...]

I dip my toes in the water for a moment, but I don’t swim. All I want to do, really, is go back on The Beast. I miss her. I am feeling no love for Labadee and all her sanitized fakeness and insane parade music. Instead of hanging around until 4, I pack up and leave around 2:30.

23473181_1719552948063673_3183024854752015262_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1c206a3509f41fc7916f9e0d35ec7cb1&oe=5B578EEA

Me and my red hot feet are ready to leave

Here are my notes from dinner for tonight: “Dinner was good.” Descriptive sure, although not quite the level of detail like 150 Central Park. I do remember that the young couple who pretended that they didn’t see us aren’t there (so no pretending necessary), but two new couples show up. They seem nice enough, but these couples only talk to each other, and they only talk about their pets the whole time, exchanging pictures and stories about dogs and pretty much ignoring Tom and I throughout the meal. It felt like a strange canine clique, and either you are one of them…or you’re not. Thank God I have Tom to talk to.

After dinner, Tom and I hang out. We play a little trivia, then watch one of my favorites cruise shows: Love and Marriage. I think this is the first time that I’ve seen the middle couple win instead of the older couple. It’s all very entertaining. After the show, Tom and I part ways.

Now here is something I find fascinating. It’s how much people eat. So I usually use the Promenade to walk from aft to forward all hours of the day. And there are always people eating here. Always. It will be right after dinner and I’ll be limping from eating so much, and I’ll see people eating a slice of pizza. Or right after lunch and people are eating a sandwich. Granted, the pizza might be their dinner and the sandwich might be their lunch. I cannot project my own schedule and eating habits on everyone else, but it still amazes me.

The highlight of the evening is the brass quintet called High C’s playing music in Central Park. For me, THIS is what The Beast is all about. This is why I booked her. I cannot get this music with this ambience anywhere else. At least, I don’t think so. I haven’t on any other ship. And this is one of those night when I absolutely fall in love with her more, if that is even possible. After the show, like the groupie that I feel like, I walk up to the band leader dude with the cute glasses and the wedding band and tell him how much I enjoyed the performance. He thanks me and says, “Then you don’t want to miss us tomorrow night. We will be at Dazzles and playing 70s funk.”

23473109_1719552981397003_4654258978491438782_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=04bd2234fef3ad28e2921688e3078b5a&oe=5B961385

Jammin with the High C's

70s funk? With a brass band?

[Kermit flail]

YAAAAAAAAAY!

I am all over this like a Kardashian to body enlargement surgery. After I breathe into a paper bag for a few minutes, I collect myself and thank the band leader dude with the cute glasses and wedding band for telling me. Then I wander back to…where else? Jazz on 4. I simply cannot get enough of live music. The band is starting to recognize me. I’m waiting for that acknowledging head nod, like Yeah…there’s that hot single chick that enjoys our music so much. This next one’s for you, sexy lady.

Coming up: DAY 4: POPCORN PETE TESTS MY PATIENCE

Another happy person here. Glad you're back as I so enjoyed your posts. Most importantly though, is that you are okay.

I am really, really sorry that I made so many of you worry about me. :(

No. 1 I love you

No. 2 MacDonald wrecked the Doobie Bros.

No. 3 I would offer to join your next cruise and be weird together but nowadays that would get me fired from any job I don't have or even from retirement. ahhh well.

Great job sweetie.

[pulls chair up to JohnGaltny]

Between your screen name and your post, you got my attention. But I beg to differ that McDonald wrecked the Doobie Brothers!

Of course, by now, I probably lost about 79% of my audience and there is a 0.02% chance you will even see this reply.

[pulls chair up to JohnGaltny]

Between your screen name and your post, you got my attention. But I beg to differ that McDonald wrecked the Doobie Brothers!

Of course, by now, I probably lost about 79% of my audience and there is a 0.02% chance you will even see this reply.

I'm so glad you're back. I love your posts!!

Loving your trip report so far! I have been on 6 solo cruises thus far, with my very first being on the Allure (while in my mid-20’s). I learned a very important lesson after I requested a large table and was seated at a table for 4 with a group of 3 Norwegian friends who hardly spoke any English and didn’t show up after the first night (and subsequently stayed at the table feeling sorry for myself and thinking the wait staff would notice me and move me...)...

If you want to dine at a table with 10 awesome people (as I do), get on your CC Roll Call and coordinate said table amongst your fellow roll call members. I have done this twice now and those tables have been THE best ones I’ve ever had. The first, we had 2 10-tops with ALL solo travelers. The second, we had a group of 9 including 3 couples and 3 solos. Both really made the cruises that much more enjoyable. Having said that, both were transatlantics which typically draw more hard-core cruises and a larger roll call group (think hundreds at the meet and mingle...). Seriously - try it next time! [emoji3] All it takes is rounding up those interested in joining, perhaps stalking them online to ensure they meet your “cool criteria”, exchanging reservation numbers, and each person calling royal

Caribbean to have the reservations linked. I’d also suggest emailing the dining reservation email to ensure all is linked and request a specific location if you prefer a window, railing, etc.

That is a GREAT idea, thank you so much!

I am sorry about your dining experience...it seems that it is getting more and more difficult to dine with interesting and engaging strangers.

Our encounter with her was brief, but passionate. She is now only a fond memory and the cause of that smile on our face that our spouse questions.

This post in particular made me LOL.

Glad you’re back, hucifer, you were missed :)

Thank you very much! It's good to be back.

I'm so glad you're back. I love your posts!!

I'm happy to hear that. If I can entertain just one person with my posts then...well, I missed my goal.

I plan to post more either tonight or tomorrow. :)

So I am finally reading all the posts you guys have...uh, posted...since I left you all hanging. Man, I feel horrible when I read most of them, but a few really make me giggle:

Hucifer! You're killing us here. This is like waiting for the next season of a great TV show, but having no idea when the season starts... :loudcry:

Edit to add: My sincere apologies to everyone who saw the thread had a new post and thought Hucifer might have posted again. And then was devastated to find it was only me!

Well, *I* wasn't devastated to see your post. You know, when I saw it. Just now. In May.

Maybe Hucifer is really a clever Royal Caribbean marketing exec that was trying to get more solo passengers and passengers to book lower level inside cabins on Allure. Since we all now want to go on cruises alone and stay inside the "belly of the beast". Hucifers work here is finished.

I will neither confirm nor deny that rumor. Although, I'm not exactly SELLING interior cabins or the effort it takes to find them.