Early arrival at San Pedro Port?

SuzieQ521

Hello:

We are sailing out of the Port of Los Angeles this Wednesday on the Star Princess.

Assuming our flight is on time, and allowing for a 45 -60 minute ride to San Pedro, we may get there as early as 9:45 /10:00 a.m....will they allow us to enter the Port that early to check in? (Although we did most of the check in online ).

If not, does the Port have any restaurants or anything we can do while waiting?

Thanks

Hello:

We are sailing out of the Port of Los Angeles this Wednesday on the Star Princess.

Assuming our flight is on time, and allowing for a 45 -60 minute ride to San Pedro, we may get there as early as 9:45 /10:00 a.m....will they allow us to enter the Port that early to check in? (Although we did most of the check in online ).

Thanks

The USS Iowa is open for tours at 10am. We will also be boarding the Star on Wednesday and if you show your boarding pass or cruise card admission is half price.

We purposely picked an earlier flight to have time for a tour before embarking on the Star in time for lunch in the MDR.

See ya there!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Hello:

Thanks

You will be able to drop off luggage when you arrive. The terminal probably will not open for check in until 10:30 or so. If you wish to eat there is a Grinder restaurant just a short way down N. Harbor Blvd next to the Sunrise hotel. Grinder is a diner style place. There is no other morning restaurant close by. Of course you can also eat once on board a few hours later. If you wish to spend a few hours on the USS Iowa you can also do that. It will take you at least two hours to tour the ship. Be sure you can handle very steep navel ladders. The Iowa is right next to the Princess pier. If you wish to take a nice slightly long walk you can walk down to Ports of Call along the channel and down to the fish market.You could also go and purchase some wine. Believe there will be a store selling wine on W. 6th St. You can also just sit and wait until the terminal opens. Boarding will begin with priority boarders around 11:30/noon.

One time we got there between 9:30 and 10:00 and we were able to drop off our luggage and go in, complete the health form, and take the escalator upstairs and sit in a waiting area until the check in area was opened - about 10:30 I think. The ship was still disembarking passengers as we could see them through the windows.

After check in you then go through security and wait either in the loyalty or regular lounge area.

A month ago, when there, pre-boarding of the back-to-back cruise passengers began about 11:15, followed by a large wedding party, and then the Elite group. I went to my cabin, dropped off the carry ons and was eating at the Horizon Court by 11:45AM.

I see you are flying in on a Wednesday so I hope you will not have any freeway traffic delays. Have a great cruise.

I suggest that you drop off your luggage and visit Ports O' Call Village for a couple of hours. When I lived in LA, Ports O' Call was an occasional destination on its own right, so I would always be happy to go walk around there while killing time waiting for a ship. (I almost never arrive early enough at the ship to have this problem, though! Once, there was a problem with the ship arriving late and no one was allowed to board until very late, so we did visit Ports O' Call for a late lunch before boarding began around 4 p.m. or so.)

Due to a bad knee, the Iowa is not an option for us, but that too would be a great way to spend some time.

I suggest that you drop off your luggage and visit Ports O' Call Village for a couple of hours. When I lived in LA, Ports O' Call was an occasional destination on its own right, so I would always be happy to go walk around there while killing time waiting for a ship. (I almost never arrive early enough at the ship to have this problem, though! Once, there was a problem with the ship arriving late and no one was allowed to board until very late, so we did visit Ports O' Call for a late lunch before boarding began around 4 p.m. or so.)

Due to a bad knee, the Iowa is not an option for us, but that too would be a great way to spend some time.

Don't try it now. It's closed and scheduled for demolition (except for the fish market).

When sailing out of San Pedro we always fly into Long Beach It’s a cute little airport and just over the bridge to San Pedro pier.

We drop off all our luggage and walk or trolley over to the Port of Call or walk along the boulevard for a breakfast Then board the ship later.

Sent from my iPad using Forums