Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

What a disappointment in the YC Interior, It's a totally different room then what is shown on there web site and it does not appear to be no where near 226 sq ft. It's an MSC rip off.

You weren’t seriously expecting it to be that suite with divider in the rendering? It was established long ago that was not a YC Interior but in fact a YC Deluxe Suite with balcony. The rendering and the diagram of the cabin layout never matched up.

None the less you have a right to be disappointed if you were truly expecting that, and MSC has been in the wrong for continuing to represent the cabin with that rendering even after they were advised it was incorrect.

It does appear to be 225 sq ft to me. 225 sq ft is not a large space by any means. Slightly larger than a standard cabin on most ships. That was a sure giveaway the rendering with the wall divider was not the YC Interior. Sq footage was too small.

You weren’t seriously expecting it to be that suite with divider in the rendering? It was established long ago that was not a YC Interior but in fact a YC Deluxe Suite with balcony. The rendering and the diagram of the cabin layout never matched up.

None the less you have a right to be disappointed if you were truly expecting that, and MSC has been in the wrong for continuing to represent the cabin with that rendering even after they were advised it was incorrect.

It does appear to be 225 sq ft to me. 225 sq ft is not a large space by any means. Slightly larger than a standard cabin on most ships. That was a sure giveaway the rendering with the wall divider was not the YC Interior. Sq footage was too small.

You will going before we are so maybe you can give us a better picture of the room and the bathroom. Thanks!!!

You will going before we are so maybe you can give us a better picture of the room and the bathroom. Thanks!!!

Absolutely. My cabin is on 16. I'll take extensive photos of the cabin and the entire ship. I'll post them to my Flickr account and provide the link when they are uploaded.

I'll try to be quick about it. I have over 500 photos of HARMONY OF THE SEAS from I cruise I took in October. Still haven't uploaded them yet. I promise I'll be quicker with SEASIDE!

Just a suggestion, go to the MSC website, do a straight up search from the main page (don’t click one of the promotional headers) and see what price you get for your current cabin (assuming it isn’t sold out) mine was $700 less and MSC changed my booking to the lower price. Saved $2100 over 3 cabins!!

Sorry if this isn’t in the appropriate thread... just want to pass along to as many people as possible :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by johnnimac

Just a suggestion, go to the MSC website, do a straight up search from the main page (don’t click one of the promotional headers) and see what price you get for your current cabin (assuming it isn’t sold out) mine was $700 less and MSC changed my booking to the lower price. Saved $2100 over 3 cabins!!

Sorry if this isn’t in the appropriate thread... just want to pass along to as many people as possible :)

Good advice, especially if you're outside the final payment period. Once you have made final payment you're pretty much stuck.

My cabin type has been sold out for a long time. I do check every now and again. Probably because there are so few of them and it's the cheapest way to get into the YC. It's a YC interior.

Absolutely. My cabin is on 16. I'll take extensive photos of the cabin and the entire ship. I'll post them to my Flickr account and provide the link when they are uploaded.

I'll try to be quick about it. I have over 500 photos of HARMONY OF THE SEAS from I cruise I took in October. Still haven't uploaded them yet. I promise I'll be quicker with SEASIDE!

Thank you , we are also on deck 16.

Good for you that's a nice savings .

Good advice, especially if you're outside the final payment period. Once you have made final payment you're pretty much stuck.

My cabin type has been sold out for a long time. I do check every now and again. Probably because there are so few of them and it's the cheapest way to get into the YC. It's a YC interior.

I booked mine Jan. 2016 with the same thoughts. We don't go until Feb. 2018.

An Inside cabin, Courtesy of Monica Lacanna.

24774754_10214697897831997_6617026107486727596_n.jpg?oh=da43b9ea46f2d1196c6510f2a6f45129&oe=5AC40443

24796492_10214697895071928_2352888049852254669_n.jpg?oh=6f4e13ba883fe7ac28c64d52d930356b&oe=5A8D4118

I have been sent these via FB, YC Inside cabin 18027.

25498480_10210550713473245_4442690095634333520_n.jpg?oh=4df7148d5248513641336b910e42dfb3&oe=5AC8C58A

25442894_10210550715313291_7676791275448591818_n.jpg?oh=b6ed8d0f197394891a1440785fa200fd&oe=5AC87701

25398980_10210550718393368_1124570898111582767_n.jpg?oh=97ead76fd4f8a524a58ecf5201d96826&oe=5AD32A08

25508056_10210550719753402_1432550774086538623_n.jpg?oh=f7b929fccd4fffbe7256e4bb1672abba&oe=5AB5D46F

What a joke. Except for a little bit extra floor space, I don't see much difference between the two cabins comparing the basic inside and one in the YC. You get an espresso machine though. Certainly doesn't look like 226 square ft and the bathroom looks ridiculously small and no upgraded counter top. Just another check mark in the negative column after not much shade and no umbrellas on the One Pool deck and the omission of Ocean Cay with it's dedicated YC area as a port stop. The drinks, food and entertainment better bring the wow factor because they should have spent less on Swarovski crystals in the staircases and bought a handful of umbrellas for the YC and upgraded the YC interiors a bit. Being truthful in their promotional material would be a positive as well. You know what they say about first impressions.

I agree not much difference, but honestly I wasn’t expecting a lot with the YC Interior after seeing the diagram and the YC Interiors on MERAVIGLIA. Basically just a very slightly upgraded standard interior. I look at it as basically a cheap way to get into the YC and experience all it has to offer. Nothing more. And I have a feeling the YC will be a welcome respite on such a large capacity ship.

The 226sq feet will likely include the bathroom and the small area from the cabin door to the edge of the wardrobe.

One thing to note with the standard inside is that it is badly laid out compared to the YC inside.

The YC has the counter and mirror along the Left hand wall up to the wardrobe as you look at the photo, the standard has it blocking the path to the bathroom in the photo.

One thing to note with the standard inside is that it is badly laid out compared to the YC inside.

The YC has the counter and mirror along the Left hand wall up to the wardrobe as you look at the photo, the standard has it blocking the path to the bathroom in the photo.

Good observation. I didn't take notice of that and thanks for pointing it out.

I will admit when I was wrong: you all were right, the MSC pic on their website is not the actual YC Inside Suite. It is odd though, judging by the actual picture, MSC would have room for the small couch. It is sad, that they chose not to put it in these rooms. Also, on their website, their cabin description of the inside YC Suite, states that their is a "marble bathroom", which is clearly not true. In addition, where is the 60 inch LED TV, which is found in the HC Inside YC Suite?

What a joke. Except for a little bit extra floor space, I don't see much difference between the two cabins comparing the basic inside and one in the YC. You get an espresso machine though. Certainly doesn't look like 226 square ft and the bathroom looks ridiculously small and no upgraded counter top. Just another check mark in the negative column after not much shade and no umbrellas on the One Pool deck and the omission of Ocean Cay with it's dedicated YC area as a port stop. The drinks, food and entertainment better bring the wow factor because they should have spent less on Swarovski crystals in the staircases and bought a handful of umbrellas for the YC and upgraded the YC interiors a bit. Being truthful in their promotional material would be a positive as well. You know what they say about first impressions.

I agree that Divina's YC is much nicer; with upgraded materials, woods, brass, fabrics throughout. The HC YC Inside Suite has the 60 inch TV, yet not these YC Inside Suites? Also, where is the couch and two chairs shown in the official diagram. Where is the second person going to sit? Your right, there is no marble in the bathroom, or the rain like shower head, etc.

I truly hope that with all the negativity that you can find some positives and enjoy your vacation - otherwise, sadly to say, I am glad i will not be on your sailing.....

I truly hope that with all the negativity that you can find some positives and enjoy your vacation - otherwise, sadly to say, I am glad i will not be on your sailing.....

Your comments make no sense to me, as we are on a chat board called Cruise Critic, not the Official MSC Fans Board!

Not entirely sure what MSC suddenly has against cabin seating? Why not include the simple cube underneath the desk, rather than having a single chair?

I do think the rest of the room looks nice and as I expected, but I'll be honest that I'm disappointed about the finish of the bathroom, and if anything perplexed about the difference in size of the tv between the accessible interior and the standard YC interior.