Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

I️ found a YouTube video this evening while searching MSC Seaside. I️ think some of the images in the video are that of a corner GS. The only cabins that have a porthole and slated front are the GS. I️ did some screen grabs. The video also shows cabin 11177. So I️ am not sure if suite is also on deck 11 , 12,13,14 or even 10. One photo appears to be in the Port side though.Take a look and see what you think.

a60e0a831996ef28ff93260334fe44aa.jpga60e0a831996ef28ff93260334fe44aa.jpg59167984af99f015c23b7d0809956efc.jpgfe7b3fe55f0810ed2cba2e03e8dd99e0.jpg320874a52d7fd63756babb17b257275c.jpgd036215c87266ccaae8d8143d5584dda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edit

Video

Courtesy - Gian Piero Lo Jacono

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I would have to agree, but hey we are on a cruise. How much tv do we really need to watch. We are in an aft cabin on the January 6th sailing. We are paying for the novelty of the “South Beach Condo” experience.

And by that I assume you mean the balcony? :) Same here, but still, it wouldn't have hurt if the cabin really felt like a suite. But I don't regret booking it either :)

Found photos of an S2 Fantastica suite on the angle of the ship.

Found it on an Italian website. If there were a high five smilie face I would slap it all over this post. I'm so jazzed I finally found it.

Cabin 9066 - S2 Fantastica

Looking into the main portion of this S2 suite

attachment.php?attachmentid=172840&d=1513350302

Another angle

attachment.php?attachmentid=172841&d=1513350304

bathroom

attachment.php?attachmentid=172842&d=1513350306

back corner of the balcony

attachment.php?attachmentid=172836&d=1513350293

Another angle on the balcony

attachment.php?attachmentid=172837&d=1513350295

And yet another angle on the balcony

attachment.php?attachmentid=172839&d=1513350300

TC and Gert ... Thanks for posting the photos and the video link.

TC ... I would agree that the Porthole photo is one of the front GS cabins on the Starboard side, what is odd is the photo 3 down in the second post shows part of the TV and what appears to be a balcony door with a corridor outside! The other cabin appears to be either a Fantastica angled cabin or one of the SJ3 Whirlpool cabins going off the angle of the wall where the balcony is. I think the fact that 11177 cabin door is shown is just filling the video.

This is a suite? Somehow I would expect more.

Nicer balcony furniture, for example.

What you have to understand about MSC is how their rooms and experiences are classified. The only true "Suite" experience is in the Yacht Club. The suites in Fantastica and Aurea are more space than the balcony cabins. They are more along the line of what other cruise lines would consider a minisuite.

Compared to the deck plans it appears the angled Fantastica suites have lost some balcony space to the adjoining Aurea Whirlpool Suites. The divider between them is perpendicular to the angled section of the railing rather than being parallel with the forward divider to the Aurea balconies.

TC and Gert ... Thanks for posting the photos and the video link.

TC ... I would agree that the Porthole photo is one of the front GS cabins on the Starboard side, what is odd is the photo 3 down in the second post shows part of the TV and what appears to be a balcony door with a corridor outside! The other cabin appears to be either a Fantastica angled cabin or one of the SJ3 Whirlpool cabins going off the angle of the wall where the balcony is. I think the fact that 11177 cabin door is shown is just filling the video.

Sid - Yes the photo with the TV and the door to a corridor is a puzzle to me. I️ can’t imagine a cabin door looking like that facing a corridor. I️ think whatever they were doing, it was not complete when the video was taken.

Found photos of an S2 Fantastica suite on the angle of the ship.

Found it on an Italian website. If there were a high five smilie face I would slap it all over this post. I'm so jazzed I finally found it.

Cabin 9066 - S2 Fantastica

Looking into the main portion of this S2 suite

attachment.php?attachmentid=172840&d=1513350302

Another angle

attachment.php?attachmentid=172841&d=1513350304

bathroom

attachment.php?attachmentid=172842&d=1513350306

back corner of the balcony

attachment.php?attachmentid=172836&d=1513350293

Another angle on the balcony

attachment.php?attachmentid=172837&d=1513350295

And yet another angle on the balcony

attachment.php?attachmentid=172839&d=1513350300

Thank you so much for sharing. We are in 11068. Same room, different deck.

TravelinGert, Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures of an S2 cabin. Now I know what to expect. I am disappointed with the size of the balcony and wish it had a little table to be able to put drinks and snacks on. The slanted divider near the balcony door makes quite a bit of the space unusable. But I will be on a cruise on a new ship!!!!

And this is just the first sailing. I imagine with the press event this week in Miami there will be many more pictures available.

This is what I’m hoping as well, but I’ll be sailing soon enough and will photograph the cabin and the entire ship.

Wow! That is a very nice and huge balcony.

I wonder how MSC is doing the measuring of their balconies because I don't see it either. Is what they are doing considered false advertising?

Most definitely but what can you do?

You show up with your written bumph onboard and complain and they might throw $50-$100 OBC at you.

I am seriously thinking of canceling now. To get a "suite" balcony that you can't even get a sunbed on is just not on.

I have booked for 2 weeks from Miami with MSC. I can get a week to Bermuda in a suite just like the one I linked to with NCL for about the same money, get a better drinks package, all gratuities and DSC paid for, and I won't have to set foot in Miami (which is a bonus).

I just don't like being lied to.

Most definitely but what can you do?

You show up with your written bumph onboard and complain and they might throw $50-$100 OBC at you.

I am seriously thinking of canceling now. To get a "suite" balcony that you can't even get a sunbed on is just not on.

I have booked for 2 weeks from Miami with MSC. I can get a week to Bermuda in a suite just like the one I linked to with NCL for about the same money, get a better drinks package, all gratuities and DSC paid for, and I won't have to set foot in Miami (which is a bonus).

I just don't like being lied to.

If you’re not happy you should absolutely cancel and rebook on something you will be happy with. That is a no brainer, especially if outside the penalty period.

Edited by eroller

I was really expecting the S2 balcony to be bigger. The deck plans still show it with the barrier between suites being straight, not angled. I feel we would have been better of going with a regular balcony. Still plenty of time for us to change, so will wait till more photos come out, but for now I'm a little disappointed.

surely they should update the deck plans on the website now that they know they are wrong though?

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one... probably why there’s a disclaimer when booking that says “Please also be aware that the information on this website is subject to change without notice and that MSC reserves the right to refuse or honor any prices that are erroneously published or quoted. MSC Cruises reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or substitute ports and times of call at any time and for any reason whatsoever without prior notice. Prices are per person, quoted in USD and are based on double occupancy. They are valid for US & Canadian residents only. Offers are capacity controlled, subject to availability and restrictions apply. Your allocated or selected stateroom number may be subject to change.”