Msc seaside cabin photos only!

sidari

I was really expecting the S2 balcony to be bigger. The deck plans still show it with the barrier between suites being straight, not angled. I feel we would have been better of going with a regular balcony. Still plenty of time for us to change, so will wait till more photos come out, but for now I'm a little disappointed.

I think it's a matter of how you look at it. I'm looking at the deck plan for 9066 and I can see how the angles match the photos, although I agree it looks smaller than expected. This was the cabin that I originally booked, and I'm very happy that I switched to 9003 (one of the front corner S2's) when it opened up a few weeks ago since I don't like the idea of not having a full view outside wherever you are in the cabin. Of course, we haven't seen the photos of those yet, and with the balcony door on the side and a big porthole in the front (from what has been assumed by looking at the outside photos), it may have similar problems.

And TravelinGert, I'll give you a virtual high five for finding this one!

I think it's a matter of how you look at it. I'm looking at the deck plan for 9066 and I can see how the angles match the photos, although I agree it looks smaller than expected....

The balcony dividers on the deck plan do not match the photos for this cabin, 9066. On the deck plan both dividers are parallel to each other and are the typical right angle to the front/back mid line of the ship. In the pictures the aft divider between the Aurea Whirlpool suite is at a 45 degree angle to the forward divider. It is perpendicular to the cabin wall with the sliding door, which is the angled wall. The flooring lines are also a giveaway to this being the case. This gives the whirlpool suite extra space and takes it from the Fantastica suite when compared to the deck plan.

I think you made the right choice with the forward cabin on deck nine.

Most definitely but what can you do?

You show up with your written bumph onboard and complain and they might throw $50-$100 OBC at you.

I am seriously thinking of canceling now. To get a "suite" balcony that you can't even get a sunbed on is just not on.

I have booked for 2 weeks from Miami with MSC. I can get a week to Bermuda in a suite just like the one I linked to with NCL for about the same money, get a better drinks package, all gratuities and DSC paid for, and I won't have to set foot in Miami (which is a bonus).

I just don't like being lied to.

You make several valid points that are understandable given what we know about the suites thus far. Not sure again when your cruise is, but assuming you have time, I would wait for some more photos to emerge of the GS Suites that are more clear than what we have seen thus far. Hang in there :)

Some of us have had the luxury of being part of CC where a lot of information has been and is still being shared about all kinds of stuff with respect to cruising. Imagine those cruisers getting on the ship for the first time that have no idea about some of the discussions and findings shared here and walked into a cabin expecting A and got Z. And this will happen again for the next few sailings.

I would love to see some as well. Seems to be the missing link. Perhaps because there are so few of them.
Kind of ironic that there was a video posted from the YC inside HC, which only has 3 cabins on board and none of the 7 regular insides have surfaced as of yet via video or still pictures. One thing we do know though, it will contain a solid colored carpet. :D

I have been sent these via FB, YC Inside cabin 18027.

You get the gold star today! Thank you!

Definitely looks a bit longer than a standard inside so I’m happy about that. I also prefer the colors. Disappointed in the bathroom. I knew it would be standard size but it’s supposed to be upgraded to marble. Funny it is marble in the YC wheelchair accessible inside cabin that we saw a while back. Not a huge deal I guess, but they should deliver on what they promote.

I️ think the YC Interior looks good and sleek. Yes the TV could be bigger and marble or granite would have been better for a “Suite”

-eroller- I️ agree with you that they should deliver what they promote. We are seeing a lot of that with some cabins lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ernie ... The lady who took the photos told me that the accessible cabin is bigger also, as well as the bathroom.

I am not sure what people were expecting for an Inside cabin, yes its in the YC enclave but they were never going to put marble in the bathrooms unless you want to pay the same price as a Deluxe cabin.

What I do find odd is that they have the same bog standard wardrobe as the rest of the cabins apart from the Aft Suites and YC balconies, that could and should have been better.

I am not sure what people were expecting for an Inside cabin, yes its in the YC enclave but they were never going to put marble in the bathrooms unless you want to pay the same price as a Deluxe cabin.

Well I think people expect what they read in promotional material. In the case of MSC it's often buyer beware, especially when it comes to cabins. I knew the YC inside would not be a "suite", even though this is how MSC markets it. I could tell just by looking at the cabin dimensions. I did expect it to be slightly larger than a standard inside cabin based on dimensions and thankfully it is. A second chair would be nice but overall it's what I expected. The same is true of other so-called "suites" on SEASIDE, like the aft cabins. Not really suites. Those of us that know MSC tend to know better, but for the novice that just goes by the MSC brochure they will likely be very disappointed when they discover their "suite" is not actually a suite at all.

Regarding the marble bathroom, this is something MSC promotes for all YC cabins so yes I expect it, even though my cabin is an inside "suite". Also the YC interior suites on MSC MERAVIGLIA do have a marble bathroom, so this also set the expectation. Mind you the marble is only on the floor, but it's there none the less. Perhaps the YC insides on SEASIDE have the marble floor as well, but you can't tell from your photos. If that is the case then yes MSC fulfilled their promise at least in that regard.

Here are a couple screenshots of a bathroom from a YC Inside Suite on MERAVIGLIA. Yup the marble is there.

39129578492_54b2b20cff_b.jpg

39159643921_6836d66668_b.jpg

And of course the marble is there on the YC Interior accessible cabin on SEASIDE which we have seen before, so only natural to expect it on a regular YC Interior as well.

38452485114_878a1ed03d_b.jpg

looking at the brochure YC insides on deck 16 seem to be even smaller than 18027

They do and I've pointed this out before. It's anyones guess if they actually are or not. The published deck plan is not exactly accurate. I will try to check it out when I'm onboard next month. I'm also curious if there is a dedicated private elevator down to the spa. Somehow I don't think so, but this is something MSC promotes as a Yacht Club benefit.

Looks like a drawer beneath where the Coffee maker is, plus there will be some inside the wardrobe. A small sofa would not have gone amiss either opposite the TV.

The photo of the toilet looks up close, that there could be tiles on the floor but hard to tell what.

Looks like a drawer beneath where the Coffee maker is, plus there will be some inside the wardrobe. A small sofa would not have gone amiss either opposite the TV.

I agree plenty of room for a small sofa, but I would be happy even with a second chair.

I’m not worried about the storage. It will be fine for 7 days, but there are better designed cabins for sure. I feel this way about all the cabins I’ve seen on SEASIDE. They seem to fall short compared to the rest of the ship. It’s too bad.