Apple Shopping Onboard

Work2cruz!

Has anyone shopped onboard for their Apple Products? I want to get an Apple IPad Pro and wondered if it worthwhile to wait until my February cruise. If anyone onboard knows pricing I'd appreciate you sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know pricing, but the devices sold onboard are at list price and are wifi only. if you want a cellular device you need to get it at home.

Steve

I bought my iPad mini on board in 2015. At that time there was a fantastic exchange rate ($-£) which was certainly to my advantage. I also saved the 20% VAT. However, I did have to careful not to exceed the customs allowance which at time was personal goods £390 p.p. It meant I was able to get a 128 gb, which is wonderful for storage, as I take a lot of photos.

I got the iPad Pro onboard the Solstice in May of this year ... it was the cheapest wifi only 9.7" model (the least amount of memory, I believe). I paid $649 for it ... no tax. They are priced mostly the same as here on land, you just won't get any additional perk that the seller may throw in. However, the no tax thing does make up for that. You can also purchase Apple Care once you return home if you are so inclined to do so. They really checked it out when I went to purchase the Apple Care down at the Apple store, though. Mine was pretty pristine as I hadn't even used it yet.

Now, I was just on a cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Equinox and there were really no Apple Products to be found. No iPads, no mini iPads and no Apple accessories available. Take this for what it is worth, though ... we had been on the last sailing with the Go Best deal offered to anyone that booked this ship when redeploying it from Europe to the Caribbean. There was very generous amounts of onboard credit offered plus, everything else was covered so how to spend that OBC was the question of the cruise. They may have been instructed to pull them all as maybe they felt as though it was too much of a loss for them to sell the Apple products on those particular cruises where people had so much OBC given to them by Celebrity.

There are a reseller Store and usually don’t have many Apple Products. The other stuff they sell is usually Close to being discontinued and unless you have SBC to burn not a good deal. They had Beats Sudio noise canceling headphones for over $200. Googling while on board they were selling for $149 at Best Buy.

happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅