Persian Garden

Ramona760

We have sailed X several times but have not made use of the Persian Garden. I tried to find out exactly what ammenities are included in a day pass and what the cost is. Nothing on their website other than book onboard. Do you have to book a treatment to use it? We have a sizable OBC this time and want to put it to good use. Will will be sailing on the Infinity.

Ramona,

I have never been in the Persian Gardens on a M class ship, but have visited it on 3 of the S class ships.

There are several (8 or so) heated tile lounge tye beds that overlook the water and are quite relaxing as long as the guy next to you isn't snoring.

There is also a Steam Room, Aromatherapy Room which are both co-ed. I believe the Reflection has a Cold Room but I may be wrong on that. They also have some interesting showers that feature a Spring Rain or a Rain Forest Thunderstorm.

I find the place very relaxing and usually visit it around 4:30 pm as part of my pre-dinner routine.

We have sailed X several times but have not made use of the Persian Garden. I tried to find out exactly what ammenities are included in a day pass and what the cost is. Nothing on their website other than book onboard. Do you have to book a treatment to use it? We have a sizable OBC this time and want to put it to good use. Will will be sailing on the Infinity.

Persian Gardens on M class isn't worth buying a pass for. The room is dark, no windows, no view, and hard wooden bench type seating. I recall a sauna or steam room and showers and that is all. In my opinion best to spend OBC on something else such as speciality restaurants, drinks package, excursions or shop purchases.

Persian Gardens on M class isn't worth buying a pass for. The room is dark, no windows, no view, and hard wooden bench type seating. I recall a sauna or steam room and showers and that is all. In my opinion best to spend OBC on something else such as speciality restaurants, drinks package, excursions or shop purchases.

Agree...

Persian Gardens on M class isn't worth buying a pass for. The room is dark, no windows, no view, and hard wooden bench type seating. I recall a sauna or steam room and showers and that is all. In my opinion best to spend OBC on something else such as speciality restaurants, drinks package, excursions or shop purchases.[/quote

I'd agree with this assessment. After doing both M and S, we've decided that its a bit overrated. The Persian garden steam and sauna rooms are nice only when you are alone with your spouse, if it gets crowded then it becomes uncomfortable. You can always use the saunas in the respective restrooms.

The aromatherapy sauna is the best but you can really only endure about 5-8 minutes before overheating, your time may vary. The rain shower is not what it sounds like, also problematic because of crowds. In my opinion, it would be nice feature if you had exclusive use as a couple but that will never happen.

Is it worth 20 bucks for a daypass in M class, I don't think so. But, the tiled loungers in S class are okay for relaxing, unless its just too crowded. We are pretty much done with Persian Garden.

The S-class ships have ocean views. The M-class ships have an interior space that is dark and it's not as well-appointed as the S-class. If you are looking to book on a specific ship, find the ship photos on Cruise Critic and take a look at the differences (their photos are within the spa area photos).

Both are meant to be relaxation areas. You do not have to book a treatment to access it. I personally would not buy a day pass to either. The day pass just gives you access and nothing additional as far as I know. You can always take the free tour on the first day and see if it's really something you want to spend time or money doing. At most, it seems like a "one & done" activity to me. Also many reports over the years of tile lounger "hogs" that rival the chair hogs around the pool, despite the posted time limit. YMMV

Thank you all who responded. We will explore the specialty restaurants . Plus we love the Thelassio pool for relaxing anyway. Already have the beverage package, gratuities and $300 OBC on reserving, besides on board booking $. We usually travel independently versus tours so trying to figure out best use for the credit.. I wish we could roll it over to another cruise!

Thank you all who responded. We will explore the specialty restaurants . Plus we love the Thelassio pool for relaxing anyway. Already have the beverage package, gratuities and $300 OBC on reserving, besides on board booking $. We usually travel independently versus tours so trying to figure out best use for the credit.. I wish we could roll it over to another cruise!

There are lots of retail therapy options...watches, cameras, binoculars, iPads...

We fell in love with Aqua class the first time we travelled with Celebrity, and have never cruised with another carrier since! But when we sailed Infinity, it was clear Aqua class was an after thought and the Persian gardens were complete with mushrooms growing in the darkness of the room! Most disappointed with the spa area (no fault of the crew - they were the saving grace). And while Blu was also an afterthought, (the windows are old, scratched, and not appealing to look through), it was it's typically wonderful venue with staff who were caring, considerate, efficient, friendly! We subsequently cancelled the South American cruise on Infinity, and booked another solstice class (Reflection) cruise instead, Aqua of course!

The staff, and quality of food and service, saved the day for us in Aqua on Infinity. But the old girl is showing her age, and the retrofit of the spa was most disappointing.

Now... the solstice class ships? Persian gardens are a great place to spend some time!

Just booked a Sky Suite on Reflection - first time for us in a suite category- are the Persian Gardens an included perk. Just curious

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a Sky Suite once and Persian Gardens was not included.

Just booked a Sky Suite on Reflection - first time for us in a suite category- are the Persian Gardens an included perk. Just curious

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, even RS and PH do not get free entry.

If you are Elite or above in Captains Club you are allowed a free entry on any port day. We occasionally use the perk but to be honest on M class it isn’t worth it and even on S class the novelty, for us, has worn off....

If you fancy trying just book a day pass.

I agree. I was very disappointed in Persian Gardens on M class.

Laura

Are the steam & sauna rooms free for all pax to use on the Infinity ?

The steam and sauna rooms in the Persian Garden are only free to Aqua Class. However, there is a free sauna in the men's changing room - which is actually nicer than the one in the PG since there is a large window looking out to the sea. I assume there is also a free sauna in the women's changing room.

If you book a spa service, it usually comes with PG access before or after,

M class PG are interior rooms but do have a curved tile seat in the open area..heated .,. Also there are heated tile benches in some of the rooms...if maintained they are very nice and were once cutting esge.,.Now S class are lighter and brighter and have the indiv heated loungers..

We cruise AQ...and enjoy the PG steam and dry saunas...as well as ones in the locker roome,