Michael's Club - Suite guests

crash3x

Please tell us how one guest relations officer could possibly RUIN your entire vacation. Give details.

I can understand how you might be upset for an hour or so, but RUIN your entire vacation?

The officer had the temerity to tell her to turn off her speaker on the balcony after receiving noise complaints from other passengers and then had to threaten to take it away altogether after receiving even more noise complaints because it wasn't turned down. Some tyrant, huh? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes Phil,

I know how you feel when treated badly on your vacation.

It was the same to me on my previous cruise.No bad cruise but just one BAD OFFICER from the guess relation that enough to ruin my vacation.:mad:

We happen to know that Guest Relations manager. She is NOT a bad officer, in fact if she is one of the sweetest, most conscientious and caring person we have ever met. It's a shame that you perceive what happened as a personal affront. If things had turned out differently, you might have found a new friend.

Maybe it depends on the date and destination of the cruise, but we found MC to be a quiet spot with old world ambiance. We're not big drinkers, so it wasn't the bar that we cared about. We dropped in one afternoon just to check it out, had coffee and chatted with a few people, trading stories about various trips. It was simply a quiet place to breath away from the loud areas. You'll enjoy suite class for many reasons :)

It took me about 12 years. I don’t really mind what type of cabin I stay in. Just depends. I’ve stayed all over the ship. Just get me on!:) Nearly double Zenith now, but I’ve cruised Azamara a lot too and points are cumulative with Celebrity. I tend to do probably 8-12 cruises a year.

Phil

Wow was the point system the same? You need 3000 points to get to zenith? I will be a super senior by the time I accumulate that amount of points. I would have imagined that Celebrity would consider a tier at 1500 as their is a big difference in points required between an Elite plus and Zenith. The other tiers are so much closer and achievable.

Wow was the point system the same? You need 3000 points to get to zenith? I will be a super senior by the time I accumulate that amount of points. I would have imagined that Celebrity would consider a tier at 1500 as their is a big difference in points required between an Elite plus and Zenith. The other tiers are so much closer and achievable.

I didn’t do particularly well when they converted. I can’t remember the formula they used, but I held my own. I have just done quite a few cruises since then as personal circumstances changed and I was fortunate to retire early. And I love the sea!

Phil

I’m on Connie now. First day and I have to have encountered one of the worst waitresses I’ve ever encountered on a ship and unfortunately she’s in Michael’s. I wouldn’t want to ask her for anything extra having received the response to Stoli Elit vodka. It’s early days and I don’t know if she is cover, but if not I will be feeding back and I am not one to make a fuss. Much like other guests on board a cruise has a lot to do with the people. No bad cruise. Just bad people on it!

Phil

Phil- as you are Zenith with no butler, suggest you speak privately to the Michael's Club concierge and give her feedback about the waitress. I am sure they would like to know if the service in MC is anything but exceptional. Enjoy your cruise!

Michael's Genuine Pub on Royal Caribbean Cruises...

Celebrity or Royal Caribbean?

Okay, I'll have to look into this...

Is it both?

Ok back to beer again but now I'm confused about your question.

Royal Caribbean has Michael's Genuine Pub which is on Anthem and Quantum of the Seas. It is an ala carte dining/bar venue with good food and a good beer selection.

Michael's Club on Celebrity is a lounge for Suite and Zenith guests. OK beer selection.

The beer selection is highly variable on Celebrity ships. Best choice in public bars on M-Class ships is probably Cellar Masters in my opinion. On S-Class beer selection varies more by ship and what bars are on the ship, ie, Cellar Masters, Passport Bar, Gastro Pub, etc.

The beer selection is highly variable on Celebrity ships. Best choice in public bars on M-Class ships is probably Cellar Masters in my opinion. On S-Class beer selection varies more by ship and what bars are on the ship, ie, Cellar Masters, Passport Bar, Gastro Pub, etc.

This is what I've found. Cellar Masters have a good selection, but on Eclipse the Passport Bar had a lot of continental (Non UK, European) beers too.

Frustratingly, right now on Summit, Cellar Masters have a couple of favourites but only in 750ml bottles pricing them at around $27 each. Other ships have historically had regular 330ml bottles so are included in the premium package or just over.

I'd love to discuss that with whichever monkey in Miami made the decision to stock large bottles.

This is what I've found. Cellar Masters have a good selection, but on Eclipse the Passport Bar had a lot of continental (Non UK, European) beers too.

Frustratingly, right now on Summit, Cellar Masters have a couple of favourites but only in 750ml bottles pricing them at around $27 each. Other ships have historically had regular 330ml bottles so are included in the premium package or just over.

I'd love to discuss that with whichever monkey in Miami made the decision to stock large bottles.

From a beer connoisseurs point of view, 750ml bottles when allowed to age produce a much more rounded well conditioned beer. In the case of the Chimay beers which I believe are the only 750ml ones stocked the difference in taste etc. can be significant.

My experience of the past couple of weeks is that Cellar masters will not have all beers on their list, and likely choices will be the 750ml ones or the pretty standard stuff.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I didn’t do particularly well when they converted. I can’t remember the formula they used, but I held my own. I have just done quite a few cruises since then as personal circumstances changed and I was fortunate to retire early. And I love the sea!

Phil

Would love to be in your position- but not yet. In august, we typically spend a week on the Summit to Bermuda. We meet a gentleman at the captains table two years ago, and again last year. I believe his name is Arthur. He loves the Summit and spends about 45 weeks a year on her. A great way to retire! Better then a Senior residence.

Would love to be in your position- but not yet. In august, we typically spend a week on the Summit to Bermuda. We meet a gentleman at the captains table two years ago, and again last year. I believe his name is Arthur. He loves the Summit and spends about 45 weeks a year on her. A great way to retire! Better then a Senior residence.

Albert - met him last year as well. Interesting fellow.

Yes, Albert is very well known among the X staff.

He actually “lives” on Summit. He does have a small residence in Florida where he goes to stay whenever the ship has been chartered or is in dry dock. Otherwise Summit is his home. That's retirement at it's finest. 😊

From a beer connoisseurs point of view, 750ml bottles when allowed to age produce a much more rounded well conditioned beer. In the case of the Chimay beers which I believe are the only 750ml ones stocked the difference in taste etc. can be significant.

My experience of the past couple of weeks is that Cellar masters will not have all beers on their list, and likely choices will be the 750ml ones or the pretty standard stuff.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

There are 750 ml lambics too. Chimay should improve for 10 years, but lets be realistic, how long will the bottles remain onboard? My point is that they are preventing many from trying other beers by not having smaller bottles available. Eclipse back in february had them in the Passport Bar.

We've not yet experienced anything being out of stock thankfully. What is disappointing is that they don't have the correct glasses for pretty much anything. It was mildly amusing to see a sommelier try and pour a bottle of Duval in a straight glass the other day as most of it frothed all over the bar as you'd expect! Perhaps more amusing is the fact they have Stella artois on the premium package. To our American friends, it's about 50 pence (65 cents) a bottle back home, has a terrible reputation and is nicknamed 'wifebeater'. But I guess Miami think they can get away with passing it off as something more exotic....

Phil

The formula was 30 points for every credit.

You received one credit per cruise, an extra credit for Concierge cabin or higher and a third credit if it was a long cruise (like 12+ days).

Before the conversion in late 2013 Elite was the top loyalty level and only required 10 credits.

They changed the accrual system because it was VERY easy to become Elite under the old system (5 short cruises in Concierge).

The new system is based on how much money you are spending.

I have dined with people who made Zenith in under 15 cruises by sailing in high level cabins.

There were maybe 25 Zeniths when the program was implemented (grandfathered in due to 100+ credits) but probably two hundred now.

His name is Albert and is on the ship for all but six weeks a year. His home base is in Boston.

You received one credit per cruise, an extra credit for Concierge cabin or higher and a third credit if it was a long cruise (like 12+ days).

Before the conversion in late 2013 Elite was the top loyalty level and only required 10 credits.

They changed the accrual system because it was VERY easy to become Elite under the old system (5 short cruises in Concierge).

I have dined with people who made Zenith in under 15 cruises by sailing in high level cabins.

There were maybe 25 Zeniths when the program was implemented (grandfathered in due to 100+ credits) but probably two hundred now.

I also had converted points prior to the new system. While we typically stay in suites, not the penthouse or Royal- I do not think we will ever reach Zenith. We sometimes sail on Royal also and are Diamond members, without the reciprocity.

But with Celebrity, we are almost halfway to Zenith and unless Celebrity creates another tier, we probably will never reach Zenith. Since we do sail in suites, we enjoy Michael's club. We have had very positive experiences in it. Our favorite Michael's club hostess is Jolie. Hope we have her again on another sailing. We also used to like Lionel-but he left Celebrity years ago.

I also had converted points prior to the new system. While we typically stay in suites, not the penthouse or Royal- I do not think we will ever reach Zenith. We sometimes sail on Royal also and are Diamond members, without the reciprocity.

But with Celebrity, we are almost halfway to Zenith and unless Celebrity creates another tier, we probably will never reach Zenith. Since we do sail in suites, we enjoy Michael's club. We have had very positive experiences in it. Our favorite Michael's club hostess is Jolie. Hope we have her again on another sailing. We also used to like Lionel-but he left Celebrity years ago.

Lionel was great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

His name is Albert and is on the ship for all but six weeks a year. His home base is in Boston.

I realize this is off the original topic, but we've spent some time with Albert on our last two Summit cruises. First time was in Michaels so there is a nod to the topic at hand. Great conversations, and you are correct, his home is in Boston. His biggest frustration was how often the Summit is chartered and he gets bumped off. He was talking about how he negotiates a reduced fair on a different ship, and try's to get his air transfers covered as well. He didn't tell the whole story so I don't know how well his negotiations went. I never asked him, but I've wondered what type of cabin he books. I think last time we cruised with him he was on deck 3 so I wondered if he was in an inside or ocean view.

I realize this is off the original topic, but we've spent some time with Albert on our last two Summit cruises. First time was in Michaels so there is a nod to the topic at hand. Great conversations, and you are correct, his home is in Boston. His biggest frustration was how often the Summit is chartered and he gets bumped off. He was talking about how he negotiates a reduced fair on a different ship, and try's to get his air transfers covered as well. He didn't tell the whole story so I don't know how well his negotiations went. I never asked him, but I've wondered what type of cabin he books. I think last time we cruised with him he was on deck 3 so I wondered if he was in an inside or ocean view.

He will be off for about a month soon, several charters on summit in February and March, we have a rock and romance Cruise with stars from the 70’s like America, Michael McDonald , B J THomas , airbsupply and more , have sky suite, love this adult only cruise

For some reason we were given Zenith luggage tags when we were disembarking from the Eclipse last week. With fewer than 1400 credits

that's as close to Zenith as we're likely to get. Do all suite passengers get Zenith tags now? We never had in the past.

The luggage tags are labeled Suite/Zenith.

They are for both Suite guests and Zeniths.

Ours are labeled as Suite only for our upcoming cruise. The ones that are printed with the Xpress Pass are the same. f99bd79801b09b5af56b28aa7d36089a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Ours are labeled as Suite only for our upcoming cruise. The ones that are printed with the Xpress Pass are the same. f99bd79801b09b5af56b28aa7d36089a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

The luggage tags we received on the ship for disembarkation were labeled Suite/Zenith.