Michael's Club - Suite guests

crash3x

I’m afraid I had to chase, got the call a few days beforehand, but they hadn’t done what I asked them to do (which wasn’t a lot!). Once on the ship the MC couldn’t have been more helpful, but the Shoreside Concierge service? Not impressed.

Phil

Phil,

We had an opposite experience on our last cruise.

The shoreside Concierge contacted us a couple of weeks ahead and did request everything we asked for including numerous specialty dining reservations. She even forwarded the email she received from us to the MCC.

The problem was the MCC did not double check that everything was confirmed on board. During the cruise, even though we were assured by the MCC on day one that all was taken care of, we discovered that many things had fallen through the cracks. First time we weren’t impressed with the MCC.

Phil,

We had an opposite experience on our last cruise.

The shoreside Concierge contacted us a couple of weeks ahead and did request everything we asked for including numerous specialty dining reservations. She even forwarded the email she received from us to the MCC.

The problem was the MCC did not double check that everything was confirmed on board. During the cruise, even though we were assured by the MCC on day one that all was taken care of, we discovered that many things had fallen through the cracks. First time we weren’t impressed with the MCC.

Hi Sherry. To be honest I guess I would prefer it the way it happened to me. There were no issues onboard sorting out what needed to be done and more besides and the MCC, Nadia was great. It was just a disappointment that the shoreside promises prior to the cruise weren’t carried out. That of course could have been to do with communication to the ship.

Phil

Does MC include wines/champagnes and spirits that are above the $13 Premium bev package limit? Trying to understand if there is any other benefit to using their bar besides the private space if you also have the premium package.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

There is not a hard & fast rule on a price limit at MC. On the first day most of the items stocked there would fall at $13 or less, but you can request wine/beer/spirits that you like that are not already stocked and the concierge or bartender will generally (at least in my experience on Summit and Infinity) try and get it for you in the near future. I have sometimes requested items that have exceeded $13, but have never requested anything that was WAY over that limit. So long as you are not requesting something super premium they seem to oblige and there is never a charge. However if one were to request an item far above the $13 limit, such a request may very well be denied. Since there is no set rule on this, many factors likely come in to play in where the line is drawn.

It is correct that the Reflection design has more suites and thus the Luminae and MC are busier. I am not sure it is twice as many as you suggest, but I do not have the actual number.

However the Aqua Class Suites have always have always included the benefits of Sky Suites. There were a few additional benefits unique to Aqua Class as well.

There are no Aqua Class Suites anymore all have been reclassified as Sky Suites.

Phil I was under impression that shoreside calls only were applied to suites Royal,Penthouse,and also Signature....did not know calls were made to NON-Suite passengers.

It also includes Celebrity Suite guests, at least it has been for us on 3 cruises.

Hi Sherry. To be honest I guess I would prefer it the way it happened to me. There were no issues onboard sorting out what needed to be done and more besides and the MCC, Nadia was great. It was just a disappointment that the shoreside promises prior to the cruise weren’t carried out. That of course could have been to do with communication to the ship.

Phil

You hit the nail on the head, the problem is communication from shore to ship and ship to shore.

Yes, it sounds like your on board experience was less complicated and frustrating. But in our case it ended up being a “teachable moment” as the Suite Concierge was able to implement a plan for the MCC to use going forward to avoid any other guests having the same experience that we did. Hopefully it will work.

It is correct that the Reflection design has more suites and thus the Luminae and MC are busier. I am not sure it is twice as many as you suggest, but I do not have the actual number.

However the Aqua Class Suites have always have always included the benefits of Sky Suites. There were a few additional benefits unique to Aqua Class as well.

I actually did check the numbers in 2015 when X announced that Sky suites were given access to MC.

All S-class ships, except Reflection have a total of 44 Sky suites.

Reflection has a total of 84: 52 “regular” Sky suites, and 32 “Aqua class” suites for a total of 84. At double occupancy Reflection would have 168 Sky Suite passengers while all other S-class ships would have only 88. So Reflection could have up to 80 (or more) suite guests, not twice as many. 😉

Besides specialty dining, what else would the pre-call be used for?

We have a set list we modify....

Pillow requests.

Beer, soda, water in suite.

Bar set up.

First couple of night dining requests.

Sail away set up requested if we are cruising with friends.

A couple of minor medical needs.

I have to be honest, we did find communication better when it was direct with the Michael’s Club host....

We can never understand why some of our requests (spirits) may get through but the butler may not have our beer/soda requests....It is never an issue for us, butlers always sort everything in minutes. However, it must add pressure on the staff - as they are pulling out the Fosters and putting in the Coronas they must think ‘If only someone would let us know beforehand and save us loading this bar twice’....

It also includes Celebrity Suite guests, at least it has been for us on 3 cruises.

We've always been in Celebrity suites ---- the call has always come through.

Sadly, once in a while our requests have fallen on deaf ears somewhere down the communication line. It's not the end of the world if our preferences need to be dealt with when once aboard ----but a life-threatening allergy is a problem. Celebrity got it wrong once ----never again! Now I do the medical paperwork, let the Luminae matre'd know, let my butler know, let the bar staff know, let the MC concierge know....

Does anyone know if Richard is still a butler on the M Class ?

We had many many butlers but Richard IS the absolute Best !

As far as Concierge on land Tanji is to us the best one.

I do not know why some of them are not even returning phone calls.

Does anyone know if Richard is still a butler on the M Class ?

We had many many butlers but Richard IS the absolute Best !

As far as Concierge on land Tanji is to us the best one.

I do not know why some of them are not even returning phone calls.

Tanji is great

We've always been in Celebrity suites ---- the call has always come through.

Sadly, once in a while our requests have fallen on deaf ears somewhere down the communication line. It's not the end of the world if our preferences need to be dealt with when once aboard ----but a life-threatening allergy is a problem. Celebrity got it wrong once ----never again! Now I do the medical paperwork, let the Luminae matre'd know, let my butler know, let the bar staff know, let the MC concierge know....

Celebrity has added the new position of Suites Manager on most if not all ships. The SM is the person above the MC Concierge and butlers. You can go to the SM with any requests or issues too. Not sure if you can email them prior to your cruise.

Does MC on the Connie have the self service coolers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It does have the coolers but they are behind the bar. I seem to recall however on the very rare occasions when there is no one manning MC to ask they weren't infact locked

michaels-club--v10416392-cc-1080.jpg

The wine ones to the side however were locked :(

michaels-club--v10415271-cc-1242.jpg

Michael's is great because they get to know you and what you like--it is very personalized. If you want something they don't have, they'll get it. Same for the sommelier in Luminae--we once got a bottle of wine that was exclusive to Tuscan Grille, but we asked and he got it for us. If you're in a suite, it is all about making sure that you have what you want wherever you are. You'll love suite life--it is more than just more room in your cabin.

Michael's is great because they get to know you and what you like--it is very personalized. If you want something they don't have, they'll get it. Same for the sommelier in Luminae--we once got a bottle of wine that was exclusive to Tuscan Grille, but we asked and he got it for us. If you're in a suite, it is all about making sure that you have what you want wherever you are. You'll love suite life--it is more than just more room in your cabin.

We also love the Suite Life also. When it comes to MC. My favorite MC are in order Reflection, Silhouette for the banks for chillers with beer, water, soda etc, also access to the Nespresso machine. Next would be the 4 M Class ships. You have access to the Nespresso machine and a door to go outside. Last would be the three S Class ships. No access to water, beer, soda or Nespresso machine. Maybe it is just me but I will not go behind a bar to access items in chillers or a Nespresso machine.