Club Continent Suite: Pursuit

Priya2

Hi experienced Azamara folk, I’m wondering if any of the Club Continent suites are better than others on the Pursuit. I need to be pretty much in the centre of the ship as I suffer sea sickness and it’s the 17 night Antarctica cruise. Are you crazy? I hear you cry! Yes, a bit! Based on looking at the deck plans (which make Azamara ships looking amazingly straight up and down), I’m thinking 8036, but I would appreciate any advice from more those more experienced with this line.

Have you searched the Azamara Cabins Thread at the top of this forum? IIRC when I searched for CC choices, the only complaint about mid-ship CC suites was noise from the pool deck above -- and that may be less of a problem on an Antarctica cruise. The suites toward the back have noise from Windows Cafe, and especially from the new Patio area. The only two CC suites that seem guaranteed to be quiet are 8056 (N2, with shower) and 8054 (N1, with tub) -- both are under the restrooms.

Thank you Host Jazzbeau. I haven’t checked checked the cabins thread (sorry, I didn’t see it). I will check. I thought, having looked at the deck plans, that deck 8 had cabins above and below!

I have now checked the cabin thread and unfortunately, it does not have information on the Pursuit.

Edited by Priya2
Additional information

Thank you Host Jazzbeau. I haven’t checked checked the cabins thread (sorry, I didn’t see it). I will check. I thought, having looked at the deck plans, that deck 8 had cabins above and below!

I have now checked the cabin thread and unfortunately, it does not have information on the Pursuit.

You will not find any information on CC cabins on Pursuit.

It is still sailing as Adonia and will not sail as Pursuit until August 2018

I do not believe that CC cabins will exist until after the major refit that starts in April.

You will not find any information on CC cabins on Pursuit.

It is still sailing as Adonia and will not sail as Pursuit until August 2018

I do not believe that CC cabins will exist until after the major refit that starts in April.

Thank you Bloodaxe, that’s really helpful.

Both existing Azamara ships have -- and the new Pursuit will have -- identical cabin layouts with identical cabin numbers, so you can check any review in the spreadsheet and apply it to the cabins you are considering on Pursuit.

Have you searched the Azamara Cabins Thread at the top of this forum? IIRC when I searched for CC choices, the only complaint about mid-ship CC suites was noise from the pool deck above -- and that may be less of a problem on an Antarctica cruise. The suites toward the back have noise from Windows Cafe, and especially from the new Patio area. The only two CC suites that seem guaranteed to be quiet are 8056 (N2, with shower) and 8054 (N1, with tub) -- both are under the restrooms.

We've stayed in all port N2 suites except 8070 and a few on the starboard side without issue.

We've stayed in all port N2 suites except 8070 and a few on the starboard side without issue.
Thank you Marinaro 🙂 Have you stayed in 8036?

Ellbon, thanks for the heads-up. I booked 8036 yesterday 😮 I guess on the flip side, it affords more privacy?

Thank you Marinaro Have you stayed in 8036?

Ellbon, thanks for the heads-up. I booked 8036 yesterday I guess on the flip side, it affords more privacy?

I'll disagree with ellbon and say I like the cabins that have a solid bulkhead next to them (defined with that slightly thicker line on the deck plan). You are correct. More privacy. Also because it has a solid wall to one side it affords more sound proofing to that one side. 8036 is a fine location.

As regards noise it really depends on the person. I will freely admit I'm a total pain in the you know what. I've stayed in a few cabins on deck 8. I'd avoid under The Patio or anywhere under the Sunset Veranda. I've been in 8070. Never again!

Phil

I couldn’t agree with you more Phil, I’m sitting here now in 8070 (got as an upgrade) and it’s noisy at times and being at the back it’s a rough ride. We’re definitely changing the room for our next cruise to mid-ship as soon as we get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll disagree with ellbon and say I like the cabins that have a solid bulkhead next to them (defined with that slightly thicker line on the deck plan). You are correct. More privacy. Also because it has a solid wall to one side it affords more sound proofing to that one side. 8036 is a fine location.

As regards noise it really depends on the person. I will freely admit I'm a total pain in the you know what. I've stayed in a few cabins on deck 8. I'd avoid under The Patio or anywhere under the Sunset Veranda. I've been in 8070. Never again!

Phil

I totally disagree with you right back. Knew people in it and they hated not having the view towards the bridge for sail out.

I totally disagree with you right back. Knew people in it and they hated not having the view towards the bridge for sail out.

This makes no sense to me. Whether it's a solid bulkhead or a smoked glass partition, you can't see forward or aft without extending your head out beyond the railing. The solid bulkhead, as Phil wrote, does give more privacy and a quieter stateroom if your neighbor likes a louder television.

Just got off the Journey and was in 8036

Like the privacy of solid wall on one side and yes some noise from chairs also we had rough weather and it has motion as you are high up.

It does not bother us but someone that it bothers the higher up the more motion.

• 1 month later...