Passengers killed in bus accident

Jdfireman

Found this beautiful story about Sam's brother and sister-in-law. What a wonderful couple. Google,

Local educators killed in bus crash in Mexico, to see their story.

Why not just post the link ?

http://komonews.com/news/local/belfair-assistant-principal-and-husband-killed-in-bus-crash-in-mexico

P.S. Anyone seen anything on the cause of the wreck?

Such a horrible waste of two wonderful teachers in the prime of their life. I know it won't bring them back, but if negligence is involved, I hope the bus driver pays dearly. So sad, and I'm sure many of us will include the Fritz's in our prayers. God bless them.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to my colleagues at School 3 to thank them for their support. Here is an edited version for all of you on Facebook and CruiseCritic.

My Dear Friends

As most of you know, on Tuesday evening I learned that my younger brother and his wife were killed in a bus accident while they were on a sightseeing tour in the Yucatan region of Mexico. As I write this, I am at 33,000 feet on my way to Cancun for anything but a Christmas vacation. I am representing my family in going to accompany their remains for their final journey home to Olympia, Washington.

As I reached out through social media I have been so touched by the support I received from so many of you in these past two days. Your kind words, your expressions of sympathy, and the many reminders of distant friendships have assured me that Diana and I do not walk through these troubled times alone. I need to tell you how important that is to us. Diana has been determined to try to respond to every post with at least a”like” or a quick thank you. I have not been nearly as ambitious. To all of you who have posted or messaged or reached out in some other way: please know how deeply we appreciate and need your support.

So as you approach and enjoy these upcoming holidays, please say an unexpected kind word someone, hug one another a little tighter, and if you can gin up the courage, dare to tell someone you love them. Make it a point to celebrate your family and friends; love them in ways that will have people asking what has gotten into you. Enjoy THESE moments, because the future is never guaranteed.

My life is enriched by the crossing of our paths and the sharing of some part of this journey. Thank you all for making me a better teacher, friend, parent and person.

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sam, my heart is truly broken for you and your extended family. I'm so sorry to hear this. I read on another board that the brother of a CC member was lost but this is the first I'm seeing that he was your brother. Please know that Tina and I are praying for him and his wife, and I promise to do exactly as you requested in your last post. Once again, we're truly sorry.

Sam and Diana please know that prayers and thoughts are being sent your way. You sound like a very strong person, but a tragedy like this is hard for anyone to get through without the the help of our dear Lord, family and friends.

Please know you have many people praying for you!

So as you approach and enjoy these upcoming holidays, please say an unexpected kind word someone, hug one another a little tighter, and if you can gin up the courage, dare to tell someone you love them. Make it a point to celebrate your family and friends; love them in ways that will have people asking what has gotten into you. Enjoy THESE moments, because the future is never guaranteed.

Grace and Peace,

Sam Fritz

Well said. I am so sorry for your loss.

Why not just post the link ?

http://komonews.com/news/local/belfair-assistant-principal-and-husband-killed-in-bus-crash-in-mexico

P.S. Anyone seen anything on the cause of the wreck?

I was talking with Serenade passengers on another bus at the wreck scene and they said looked like speed and lost control. skid marks on road were back/forth... So sad...

Sam Fritz,

Words never seem to be enough in times like these but your post is beautiful and reminds us all that life is truly too short and we must take the time, every day, to acknowledge those around us and what impact even the smallest and seemingly minoract of kindness can impart to those around us.

I am sure I am not alone in trying to find answers and waiting patiently for an explanation, although there is nothing that will ever make this sad situation right.

Sending you, and your family, all the positive prayers and strength you will need in this time of sadness and that you can find peace and comfort in knowing what they left behind as their legacy.<3

Sam, my heart is truly broken for you and your extended family. I'm so sorry to hear this. I read on another board that the brother of a CC member was lost but this is the first I'm seeing that he was your brother. Please know that Tina and I are praying for him and his wife, and I promise to do exactly as you requested in your last post. Once again, we're truly sorry.

Thank you so much Paul. It was through a Cruise Critic Message board and an RC cruise we met. Give our love to Tina (aka Mrs. Aquahund).

I am saddened to hear of this, and my condolences on your loss. This is such tragic news, and I hope you can find at least a little comfort in the loving arms of your CC family that are reaching out to embrace you and your loved ones.

Praying for your inner peace and strength in these hard times.

Just heard from Celebrity that both my brother and his wife were killed in the accident.

Sam I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that we can provide you comfort and any support here on Cruise Critic. Are you planning to fly to Costa Maya? If so perhaps someone at Celebrity can assist you with helping you to get them home for a funeral.

This can happen unfortunately on any tour whether ship sponsored or independent tour. We have to live every day to its fullest.

My Heart goes out to everyone. I was on the Serenade from San Juan-Barcelona in April 2012.

I was talking with Serenade passengers on another bus at the wreck scene and they said looked like speed and lost control. skid marks on road were back/forth... So sad...

Early reports from the investigation are the same. I found this in an article on nbcmiamicom:

Quintana Roo state prosecutor Miguel Angel Pech Cen said at a news conference Wednesday that a preliminary investigation indicates that the bus driver's negligence led him to lose control, and when he tried to return back to a narrow highway, the bus flipped, struck a tree and landed in vegetation along the roadside.

"Due to a lack of care the driver lost control of the bus' steering to the right, leaving the asphalt," Pech Cen said. He said signs found at the scene indicate the driver was going too fast.

Sam... what a shock!!!...it could have been anyone of us, as we have all gone on excursions when we have cruised to different parts of the world. That is why my feelings are so raw...and my heart goes out to your family and your SIL's family. From what I have read both were exceptional people and the lost will not only effect your families, but their community. The Mayan ruins are most interesting...especially to educators, so of course they wanted to visit after your suggestion. ..Life works in mysterious ways......Hang in there......safe travels

Edited by land lover

Sam, I am deely saddened by your brother and sister in law's passing. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

I also want to thank you for reminding us of how precious and short our lives can be and to treasure each and every person that crosses our path. We all cross paths for one reason or another; hugs to you and yours at this difficult time.