Cabin Dilemma - Ruby E730 Mini or Vista Aft Suite to Alaska

brightfeather

Hi fellow cruisers,

Just looking for some opinions to help me decide which cabin to do for Alaska in September roundtrip from Seattle. I have both on hold until tomorrow so I need to make a final decision today. First time to Alaska, 4th time on Princess, 13 cruise overall. Only hubby and me.

That E730 is the last port covered mini-suite on the Ruby and highly coveted due to the larger mini-suite balcony since it's on the end. Our other option is the Aft E733 Vista Suite which is $1,800 more than the mini-suite. The money is important, of course, but it is our first time to Alaska and we do like suites and all that comes with it. But perhaps the mini-suite with the larger balcony would be good enough? We do love spending time on our balcony as well as the extra room of a larger cabin.

Just looking for opinions of those who've perhaps had the same experience of choosing and why they did what they did. Thanks all! :hearteyes:

~~ Diane

Having sailed in aft cabins on a number of Grand Class ships, you must take into account the noise factor from Club Fusion since the bandstand is directly below that cabin. It would be much less a factor in the Vista Suite. It doesn't bother some, and for others it is a real issue, so that would depend on you.

We were in E730 on the Ruby during Thanksgiving week this year. Very nice balcony and you get the side view & an aft view also. The balcony isn't any wider than the others on that deck, just longer. As for the noise, yes, a few nights we could hear the bump bump of the bass in the music from Club Fusion, but very faint & not every night. It didn't bother us any really at all.

Get the suite, if you got the money, life short enjoy it. Also in that mini you will be in the regular MDR with the suite you get club class. If you had a mini with club class it might be different but the CC mini's are uncovered balconies.

Have a great time I'm on it in late May.

framer

Having sailed in aft cabins on a number of Grand Class ships, you must take into account the noise factor from Club Fusion since the bandstand is directly below that cabin. It would be much less a factor in the Vista Suite. It doesn't bother some, and for others it is a real issue, so that would depend on you.

ECCruise, thank you for the info. We just be the ones in Club Fusion at night so hopefully wouldn't be an issue for us. :-)

• Haha 1

We were in a Vista suite (on the Emerald) this summer to Alaska. It was truly wonderful to sit on the back of the ship and take it all in. We watched for wildlife, and were able to be outside whenever we pleased. It was sheltered from the breeze that we would have had on the side of the moving ship. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Enjoy Alaska, no matter which cabin you pick!

We have actually had E730 for two cruises (never an issue with noise from Club Fusion) and a vista suite (don't remember the number) for one cruise on the Ruby Princess and we have E730 reserved for a summer 2018 Alaska cruise. I really like the Vista Suites and the associated suite perks so if money is no object, go for it. If you have to 'settle' :) for E730 you'll still have a great cruise!

I was in that suite on the Emerald 2 years ago. The loud music from Club Fusion ruined the cruise for me. I could not sleep at night. I tried to get moved to another cabin but none were available. Princess refunded me $750 as compensation for a ruined cruise. Avoid this suite and pick one up one deck. This is the worst cabin on the ship.

• 8 months later...
I was in that suite on the Emerald 2 years ago. The loud music from Club Fusion ruined the cruise for me. I could not sleep at night. I tried to get moved to another cabin but none were available. Princess refunded me $750 as compensation for a ruined cruise. Avoid this suite and pick one up one deck. This is the worst cabin on the ship.

It’s all subjective - many posts that noise is not an issue and many many love these cabins

We've been in both. If I have the money, I would always pick the suite since it is bigger, the balcony is lovely and we enjoy a full aft view. If I don't the last mini-suites on either side are our preferred location. We were just in E730 on the Ruby Alaska cruise this summer. Our kids were in E728 and E726. We opened the balcony doors and had tea on our balcony (using all three round tables in the curve of the balcony) on Glacier Bay Day. It was wonderful.

Thank you all for your responses. We decided to go for the gusto and keep the Vista suite. :-) Looking forward to it.

Good choice! Enjoy the Vista Suite to Alaska. Definitely enjoy the Vista Suite balcony for the Alaska scenery. Whether you are doing Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm, it will be fantastic. Have a great time!