Holland America has sent me four pounds of bulk mail in 2017

whogo

but remember Holland doesn't want to provide a one page cruise log because it uses too much paper.....perhaps if they would listen to some of their customers the marketing dept might discover that keeping an existing customer happy with very low cost items like cruise logs is much much cheaper than trying to lure new customers.....

DAllenTCY: David, you are right! Sometimes we get 3 from Oceania in one day!

We browse all the brochures during dinner and choose the “cruise de jour”.

I missed the Cruise Log on our recent HAL cruise. I have saved them all for the past 50 years. Our kids will throw them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but remember Holland doesn't want to provide a one page cruise log because it uses too much paper.....perhaps if they would listen to some of their customers the marketing dept might discover that keeping an existing customer happy with very low cost items like cruise logs is much much cheaper than trying to lure new customers.....

... then again, if HAL listened to other customers, it would discover that most customers don't give two hoots about Cruise Log and do not make their cruising decisions and choices based on whether or not they will receive a CL ...

Our cruise line mail, plus other similar bumph, does not even make it into the house. It goes from the mailbox to the garage recycle. We do not want any of it from any cruise line.

I have always thrown all advertisements out, just wanted to see if Holland America was sending as much mail as I thought they were. They were.

... then again, if HAL listened to other customers, it would discover that most customers don't give two hoots about Cruise Log and do not make their cruising decisions and choices based on whether or not they will receive a CL ...

then again they could provide a cruise log via email and keep an unknown number of customers happy.....agree that MOST customers don't make a decision based on a cruise log but why alienate ANY customers even those who you somehow know don't give "two hoots" about a cruise log.

With us it’s Oceania. They send everything in duplicate.

Oceania was bad! Not only did they send me 2-3 brochures several times a week, but then they started sending different brochures in my husband's name! He's been dead over 18 years! Where they got his name from (or why they thought he would book a cruise) is beyond me.

But I do have to give them credit, they stopped when I told them I was not interested in taking any more Oceania cruises. One was more than enough, thank you very much. It took a while, but those expensive, glossy brochures did stop. E-mail nuisances stopped, too.

Oceania is worse.....multi-page full color brochures every week in my mailbox.

David

Yes they are and I have never taken an Oceania cruise. At least I've been with HAL since we started cruising ten years ago. I entered a sweepstakes on this site with a land tour company....have never traveled with them.....and get WAY more mail from them than the rest of them together.

I got a Cruise Log the last night of my Eastern Caribbean sailing on Eurodam last week. It was on a single legal-size piece of paper and it even had a gold border. So, at least on Eurodam, the cruise logs are back and better than before.

I got a Cruise Log the last night of my Eastern Caribbean sailing on Eurodam last week. It was on a single legal-size piece of paper and it even had a gold border. So, at least on Eurodam, the cruise logs are back and better than before.

Good to hear. I didn't get one on my cruise on the eurodam this past spring.

I rarely get snail mail from hal but I get a lot from Princess.

In our previous home HAL sent junk mail addressed jointly to the former owner (in his name) and in my spouse's name (they are different) for about six years. Then thankfully it stopped.

Moving has helped. Not so much anymore. It has been a pleasant six months...not as much as a page of junk mail from any cruise line. Almost makes moving worthwhile. Trash mail does not even make it into our house. The recycle bin is strategically placed to save us the trouble.