How does the classic beverage package work?

BubbaLuvin

I plan on buying a package myself but i was curious about a few things.

Can I buy someone a drink with my classic beverage package?

How many drinks are the limit? On other cruise ships it's normally 15 drinks per day or somewhere around there.

If you can buy someone a drink, how does this stop people from sharing one beverage package? I'm with 2 other people that have the package and surely they both won't hit the 15 drink limit a day, what is stopping them from sharing it with me? Just the honor system?

"Can I buy someone a drink with my classic beverage package?"

No that is not allowed.

"How many drinks are the limit? On other cruise ships it's normally 15 drinks per day or somewhere around there. "

Not on Celebrity -- it is an unlimited package, (up until you are so impaired that the bartenders won't serve you.)

"If you can buy someone a drink, how does this stop people from sharing one beverage package?"

Buying someone a drink violates the terms of the beverage package. You risk losing the rest of the package for the remainder of the cruise, with no refund.

"I'm with 2 other people that have the package and surely they both won't hit the 15 drink limit a day, what is stopping them from sharing it with me? Just the honor system?"

There is no 15 drink limit on Celebrity.

If one person goes to a bar with one SeaPass card and orders two drinks, that doesn't work. The bartender will ask for a second SeaPass card for the second drink.

If you buy a drink on your beverage package and give it to someone else, and are seen doing so you will be told that this is not allowed. Continued violations will risk losing the package.

I plan on buying a package myself but i was curious about a few things.

Can I buy someone a drink with my classic beverage package?

How many drinks are the limit? On other cruise ships it's normally 15 drinks per day or somewhere around there.

If you can buy someone a drink, how does this stop people from sharing one beverage package? I'm with 2 other people that have the package and surely they both won't hit the 15 drink limit a day, what is stopping them from sharing it with me? Just the honor system?

You can purchase drinks for someone else, you just have to pay for the drink. As stated above there is no limit, save the cost of an item. Last time I was on celebrity the limit for the classic package was domestic beers and glasses of wine and cocktails up to $8 per serving. If you buy something that costs more than these limits, on the classic package you have to pay the full price for the drink. All the drinks at the Martini bar are over this amount, so you can not get them for free at that venue. You can upgrade once on board for $10 per person per day, plus the 18% gratuity if you think that those price differences will change the bottom dollar for you, or just purchase the Premium Package to start with. The limits on the Premium package are all beers, and glasses of wine and cocktails up to $12 per serving, if you buy something more than $12 all you pay is the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can purchase drinks for someone else, you just have to pay for the drink. As stated above there is no limit, save the cost of an item. Last time I was on celebrity the limit for the classic package was domestic beers and glasses of wine and cocktails up to $8 per serving. If you buy something that costs more than these limits, on the classic package you have to pay the full price for the drink. All the drinks at the Martini bar are over this amount, so you can not get them for free at that venue. You can upgrade once on board for $10 per person per day, plus the 18% gratuity if you think that those price differences will change the bottom dollar for you, or just purchase the Premium Package to start with. The limits on the Premium package are all beers, and glasses of wine and cocktails up to $12 per serving, if you buy something more than $12 all you pay is the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your information is quite out of date. Price ceilings are $9 for Classic and $13 for Premium. And you only pay the difference plus 18% with both packages. So for a $15 drink, the surcharge would be $6x1.18 = $7.08 with the Classic and $2x1.18 = $2.36 with the Premium.

Your information is quite out of date. Price ceilings are $9 for Classic and $13 for Premium. And you only pay the difference plus 18% with both packages. So for a $15 drink, the surcharge would be $6x1.18 = $7.08 with the Classic and $2x1.18 = $2.36 with the Premium.

Good to know - my husband would like to upgrade from Classic to Premium if it's only another $10+18% per day, but my question is, do I also have to upgrade my Classic to Premium just because he did?

A couple of extra questions please regarding non-alcoholic drinks on the classic vs premium packages.

Are there any differences in the non-alcoholic hot drinks that you can order?

Also, are there any bottled water options included in the classic package?

Good to know - my husband would like to upgrade from Classic to Premium if it's only another $10+18% per day, but my question is, do I also have to upgrade my Classic to Premium just because he did?

Since DH will be able to upgrade on any of the first few days of the cruise, he may wish to wait and see what the prices are for his drinks of choice. The break-even for the upgrade is:

Daily drinks in Excess of $9 --- Average Price

10 ------------------------------------ $10

5 -------------------------------------- $11

3.33 ---------------------------------- $12

2.5 ------------------------------------ $13 or greater

Enjoy!

A couple of extra questions please regarding non-alcoholic drinks on the classic vs premium packages.

Are there any differences in the non-alcoholic hot drinks that you can order?

Also, are there any bottled water options included in the classic package?

I'm not certain if there are differences in the non-alcoholic hot drinks. I think the difference is with the alcoholic hot drinks.

Bottled water is available on both packages. I believe it is Crystal Geysir on the classic package and Evian on the premium package. Perrier and Pellegrino are also both available on the premium package. I honestly wish they had both small and large bottles available of all kinds - I like getting big bottles for laying by the pool, but prefer a small bottle for touring or working out.

I'm not certain if there are differences in the non-alcoholic hot drinks. I think the difference is with the alcoholic hot drinks.

Bottled water is available on both packages. I believe it is Crystal Geysir on the classic package and Evian on the premium package. Perrier and Pellegrino are also both available on the premium package. I honestly wish they had both small and large bottles available of all kinds - I like getting big bottles for laying by the pool, but prefer a small bottle for touring or working out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

Merry Xmas.

I was on Eclipse 12/10-21. The classic package was included in my fare as a perk, as it has been each of the four times I've cruised Celebrity. They offer that perk much of the year.

This time I upgraded to premium and I felt it was a waste. Very few bars even had the Evian available, so I was given 2 small Crystal Geysers instead whenever I asked for water. The martinis at the Martini Bar were only a $3 upgrade, from $9 to $12, if you had the classic package, and we're only $9 at other bars. The premium coffee drinks, depending on how premium it was, might have an upcharge. The premium wines at dinner were a joke - only four choices unless you bought a whole bottle at a discount.

For me, the $130 upgrade was unnecessary, but that's just me.

I just got an email from Celebrity and I have it in writing that you pay for the entire drink and not just the difference

Celebrity changed the terms of Classic package, they increased the limit per drink to $9, and more importantly if a drink costs more than the $9 limit, then you only have to pay the difference.

Celebrity just sent me an email so I can get this clarified. You pay for the entire drink and not just the difference if you go over the allotted amount :{

I just got an email from Celebrity and I have it in writing that you pay for the entire drink and not just the difference

The information you received is WRONG; that USED to be the case, but the rule changed quite some time ago. The correct information is you ONLY pay the DIFFERENCE if you go over the $9 limit with the Classic Package.

You will be pleasantly surprised, if you believe that MISinformation, as you WILL save money by paying only the difference plus tip.

Whoever sent you the email must be misinformed. I just got off the Reflection and just paid the difference.

No, just the difference. Celebrity IT department gremlins at work again? Can you show us a picture of the email please?

Here is the email response I received on December 27th concerning our upcoming cruise on the Equinox. It appears the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Our travel agent called and was told the same as my email, then I called and talked to Felica . She read to me from a bulletin that went into effect in April of 2017 and you only pay the excess plus 18% gratuity. Our agent then called back and was told only pay the excess charge plus gratuity - wow who is really right?

With the classic package if the drinkexceeds the allotted amount the you will have to pay the full price forthat drink.

Deanna Whitman

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions

Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus

CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com

Fax (305)603-0045

This was very helpful. TY everyone. I plan on getting the drink plan as so not have to worry about any of that, and so I certainly don't have to worry about how much everything is costing.

The one thing you can do without issue is if you fancy a large drink (or 2)

2 regular ones) and your travelling companion does not want a drink is to take both cards with you to the bar and ask for both drinks in one glass. My wife, who is often happy with a cup of her own favourite blend coffee or tea (she brings it on board with her) , wouldn't want a drink and I would get 2 wines to drink on the balcony.

I think there is about 15-20 minute limit on reordering drinks on your card so only do this if your travelling doesn't want to order a drink for the next 15-20 mins

Here is the email response I received on December 27th concerning our upcoming cruise on the Equinox. It appears the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Our travel agent called and was told the same as my email, then I called and talked to Felica . She read to me from a bulletin that went into effect in April of 2017 and you only pay the excess plus 18% gratuity. Our agent then called back and was told only pay the excess charge plus gratuity - wow who is really right?

With the classic package if the drinkexceeds the allotted amount the you will have to pay the full price forthat drink.

Deanna Whitman

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions

Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus

CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com

Fax (305)603-0045

As several on this thread have told you, the "right" answer is you only pay the overage (plus 18% gratuity on the overage), not the full amount. Celebrity phone reps are notorious for being misinformed. I am 100% certain of my response.