Comparing Breakaway to Getaway and Escape?

RMS Olympic

cruise lines often refine subsequent versions of the same ship. I sailed Getaway and was very pleased overall. I then sailed Escape and found it better....it just seemed a bit more polished , although I can't nail down the actual difference. Now that the Breakaway will be heading the Miami in 2019 I am considering her as well. Since she was the first of the series, are there any down sides to her minus the pool area which appears very tight.

Is Breakaway being maintained? Is she worth a try? Will it be so similar I won't be able to tell the difference?

Or are there little differences that when put together make Breakaway not as good as Escape?

Thought greatly appreciated.

cruise lines often refine subsequent versions of the same ship. I sailed Getaway and was very pleased overall. I then sailed Escape and found it better....it just seemed a bit more polished , although I can't nail down the actual difference. Now that the Breakaway will be heading the Miami in 2019 I am considering her as well. Since she was the first of the series, are there any down sides to her minus the pool area which appears very tight.

Is Breakaway being maintained? Is she worth a try? Will it be so similar I won't be able to tell the difference?

Or are there little differences that when put together make Breakaway not as good as Escape?

Bumping up.

I'm hoping some more experienced cruisers will be able to answer this. I've been on the Breakaway, and I'm booked for the Escape August 2018.

Just about the only difference in the Breakaway and Getaway is the hull art now. The Breakaway used to have Upton Grill, for New York. The Getaway had the Flamingo Grill Cuban restaurant for Miami. Now that they both been changed to Margaritaville, there's no other differences. There was also Illusionairium on the Getaway, and a Cirque show on the Breakaway. Again, they've made the Getaway have the same type Cirque show. As you know, the Escape is slightly bigger and an improved version of the other other two ships.

People who bump a message are annoying,,, especially only after 2 hours.

BA and GA are twins. The BA will undergo a dry dock whist in Europe and will be new and fresh when arriving in Miami. There are subtle differences (e.g., New York hot dog cart on the BA,,,, which may not survive the dry dock). We have sailed on the BA 4 times and the GA and Escape 3 times each.

We have sailed on all three ships. Our order of preference is Escape, Breakaway and then Getaway. We just found the Getaway more crowded than the others. Escape was our number one because of amenities like the District Brew House and we found the staff very personable on the Breakaway. We really enjoyed all three!

People who bump a message are annoying,,, especially only after 2 hours.

h.

Some of my favorites are the folks who tell everyone they are "following" and of course the bringing back a thread form 5-6 (or more) years ago. If it was dormant for a few years it's probably ok to start a new one. :rolleyes:

We have sailed on all three ships. Our order of preference is Escape, Breakaway and then Getaway. We just found the Getaway more crowded than the others. Escape was our number one because of amenities like the District Brew House and we found the staff very personable on the Breakaway. We really enjoyed all three!

The Breakaway and the Getaway are pretty much the same ship.The Escape is similar but it has another deck of staterooms which adds hundreds of more people to the ship.I've been on the Breakaway twice and i thought that felt crowded, the Escape has to feel worse.

Sailed on Escape last January and Breakaway in October. Layout of ships were very similar. I agree Escape appeared more "polished" but it's newer. However, the biggest difference we noticed was the smoking. Much worse on Breakaway! Escape has an outside smoking bar one deck above the pool deck while BA has smoking outside the pool bar on the same deck. The smoke travels aft into the kids splash pad area and down as far as Garden Cafe outside seating. We are on the Getaway in 2 weeks and noticed the deck plan is the same as BA for smoking at the pool. Otherwise, awesome ships with as much or as little to do as you please. Staff were great on both and despite the number of people on board, it does not feel crowded at all once the first day sail away is complete! BA getting a makeover before the NOLA repo so I'm sure it will be freshened up then!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a brief comment about how a ship is maintained. On Saturday I got off a ship ship that was built in 1995. It was in immaculate condition. The age of the ship has nothing to do with how well a ship is maintained. Any cruise ship sailing out of the US is maintained to exceedingly high standards. Most are better than any hotel you will stay in, and in a lot of cases they are better maintained than people's homes. Sometimes they need a fresh coat of paint, or the carpet cleaned, just like a person's house, neither of which have anything to do with how well a ship is maintained. Additionally let's face it, the Breakaway is not old anyway.