Best Cabin Combo for Large Family

AlohaPride

My family, DH, DD (11), DD (9), DD (8), and DD (3), and myself are sailing on Serenade TransAtlantic 16 days. RCI is a new line for us. I'm looking for cabin recommendations for our family. We are looking at everything from the extra large ocean view to the Jr. Suite or combinations of any category in between. 1 or 2 cabins? Adjoining? Next door? Across the hall? I'm trying to learn everything I can about this line and this ship, but I find the RCCL website to not be very informative.

Mahalo!

I would go with 2 connecting (adjoining means side by side...no door between!) cabins...a JS will not fit 6 in one cabin! With children that young, I wouldn't do across the hall...I'd want that connecting doorway between cabins. Put the kids in one and you and hubby in the other. Having 2 bathrooms will be lovely!

There are some "family" rooms...but still, that's a lot of bodies in one space! There are some "multi room" cabins. Since we don't know your budget, tho, it's hard to say if that will work! They are pricey!

To book a "family suite", you will need to call on the phone. If you do, make sure you have the deck plans in front of you, so you know what you're paying for!

I would go with 2 connecting (adjoining means side by side...no door between!) cabins...a JS will not fit 6 in one cabin! With children that young, I wouldn't do across the hall...I'd want that connecting doorway between cabins. Put the kids in one and you and hubby in the other. Having 2 bathrooms will be lovely!

There are some "family" rooms...but still, that's a lot of bodies in one space! There are some "multi room" cabins. Since we don't know your budget, tho, it's hard to say if that will work! They are pricey!

To book a "family suite", you will need to call on the phone. If you do, make sure you have the deck plans in front of you, so you know what you're paying for!

Is the family suite like a Jr. Suite? The Extra Large Ocean View looks great. But I don't want a bow cabin crossing the Atlantic. LOL :eek::o

I would go with 2 connecting (adjoining means side by side...no door between!) cabins...

That is incorrect. ADJACENT means that cabins are next to one another. ADJOINING means that the adjacent cabins have an interior door connecting them to one another.

That is incorrect. ADJACENT means that cabins are next to one another. ADJOINING means that the adjacent cabins have an interior door connecting them to one another.

We are a family of 7, in all of our travels, adjoining means next to, connecting means connecting door in between which can be left open. Four cruises, always book connecting balconies.

I spoke with my husband last night about the cruise and our cabin options. He said he was not comfortable with us getting a balcony for this trip. The baby will only be 3, and he's worried there is too much of a risk. I agree with him. So, now that limits us to ocean view and inside cabins.

I would absolutely FLIP if there was a kids sail free sale!!! That would be amazing.

Voyager/Freedom class, deck 9.

Thank you! I think Serenade is a Radiance Class, so not an option for this sailing.

Is crossing the Atlantic in April/May a very bumpy time of year? Should we stick to mid-ship cabins? That Ultra Spacious Ocean View is very tempting. . .

Thank you! I think Serenade is a Radiance Class, so not an option for this sailing.

Is crossing the Atlantic in April/May a very bumpy time of year? Should we stick to mid-ship cabins? That Ultra Spacious Ocean View is very tempting. . .

If you are concered about motion, you should get as low and close to midship as possible. The seas can get rough at any time of year, it's not predictable.

It's impossible to predict the weather that you will encounter.

But I wouldn't take the forward cabin on a transatlantic. ;) :)

Wow, the connecting cabin options on the Serenade are REALLY limited. Does it have to be the Serenade?

If I were you, I would try to get 3578 & 3580, or second choice, 3106 & 3108.

Wow, the connecting cabin options on the Serenade are REALLY limited. Does it have to be the Serenade?

If it's in the budget, get the RFS (or reclassified as TS) on Deck 7, 8 or 9. (7672, 8668 or 9656)

We are doing two inside cabins with the the door connecting them inside (don’t want to be accused of using the wrong word here). The price for two interior cabins was less than one ocean view. We hope this allows us to spread out a little more.

We are doing two inside cabins with the the door connecting them inside (don’t want to be accused of using the wrong word here). The price for two interior cabins was less than one ocean view. We hope this allows us to spread out a little more.

The two bathrooms will make a huge difference.

Royal Family Suite which is called Two Bedroom Suite now.

But that has a balcony, correct? My husband doesn't want a balcony :(

We aren't too concerned about motion. On our first cruise we hit a storm off the Carolinas with force 3 gale winds and 60+ foot waves. We took bonine daily for that trip and it worked well. We had a blast. However, I am concerned with motion as far as my 3 year old. So, I'm thinking low and mid-ship would be best. I can't seem to get the RCCL website to work as far as letting me book connecting cabins. I'm not ready to call yet, because I don't feel I've explored all options. I want to be very familiar with the ship before I call and book. I wish I could find more in door pictures of this ship, as well.

We aren't too concerned about motion. On our first cruise we hit a storm off the Carolinas with force 3 gale winds and 60+ foot waves. We took bonine daily for that trip and it worked well. We had a blast. However, I am concerned with motion as far as my 3 year old. So, I'm thinking low and mid-ship would be best. I can't seem to get the RCCL website to work as far as letting me book connecting cabins. I'm not ready to call yet, because I don't feel I've explored all options. I want to be very familiar with the ship before I call and book. I wish I could find more in door pictures of this ship, as well.

Yes, I believe those have balconies.

You may want to try out some of the well known travel agent websites. Many of those (probably all) have a better user interface than Royal's website.

We have sailed with our 3 sons now 14 / 17 /20 on the following ships over the past 6 years -- Freedom 3 times, Oasis, Brilliance, Navigator, and the Adventure. On all of the cruises we have gotten adjoining outside cabins. We get extra keys for us as you have to show one adult in each room. Works out great. Having the extra bathroom is huge. Also, having 2 rooms gives mom some privacy when getting ready in the evening.

I was on the April, 2017 Serenade T.A. We had a couple of days of rough weather because of a storm around Bermuda. Our captain did his best to avoid it by heading farther south that the normal course would be. Smooth sailing after that.

Oh wow! Did you write a review? I'd LOVE to read it! How was it??

Did you see my post/suggestions?

We had connecting balconies on deck 6 on Freedom. However, they were aft, and there was definitely some movement some nights. The balconies were fine for our 3 year old. It was glass with a railing at the top. So, he could see through it without the ability to climb. We enjoyed having the second bathroom, so I would definitely recommend connecting rooms in order to have that. If it is possible you could try to see if there is a junior suite with a connecting balcony. This would give you a bathtub in the junior suite (my 3 year old hates showers and I would have loved to have had this for our trip). We made it work though and just go with whatever you are comfortable with in the budget. You really won't spend a whole lot of time in the room. My kids loved the kids club area and my 7 year old kept asking to go back.