group booking

Mickey12810

I know whenever we booked as a group, the TA had a hold on cabins but we were able to book the cabin we wanted. We booked liked this many times, always a smooth process. Maybe a wedding party booking is different, as we always had 10-15 cabins. We always saved a little booking as a group too.

are you using a TA or a carnival PVP? I did a group booking for a wedding and used a carnival group booking PVP. Everyone could book how they wanted (early saver vs non-early saver), cheers or no cheers, and we still got the free berths for booking so many rooms. She is still my personal PVP til this day.

For a travel agent Carnival does not offer easy or great group booking deals, especially for a small group. You are best to work with a Carnival PVP for something like this or a large travel agency that has a groups department that is used to doing this.

Just guessing here...but one thing I can think of is cheers. Each cabin can book based on their needs vs if one wants it everyone has it buy it or no one can.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

That applies to room only and has no bearing whether cabin booked individual or with a group

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wondering why a TA would not book a group as a group...booking a wedding and was told I was better off booking individual as opposed to a group not sure why? Any info would be much appreciated

The TA may have given you that advice after asking you some questions that for whatever reason(s) lead them to believe that a Group Booking may not have been in your best interest.

are you using a TA or a carnival PVP? I did a group booking for a wedding and used a carnival group booking PVP. Everyone could book how they wanted (early saver vs non-early saver), cheers or no cheers, and we still got the free berths for booking so many rooms. She is still my personal PVP til this day.

Not to belabor the point, but a good TA can go anything a PVP can do and more.

Sometimes Carnival will not allow group bookings if they have already reached their maximum. I am sailing with a group next month and at the time we started booking, Carnival was not accepting groups for that sailing anymore. We are all still linked for dining and all, we just didn't get any group pricing or perks. Like another poster said, Carnival doesn't have a great group program anyway. Often their pricing is pretty close to what you would book on your own but you might get a group perk like an on board credit or something.

Sometimes Carnival will not allow group bookings if they have already reached their maximum. I am sailing with a group next month and at the time we started booking, Carnival was not accepting groups for that sailing anymore. We are all still linked for dining and all, we just didn't get any group pricing or perks. Like another poster said, Carnival doesn't have a great group program anyway. Often their pricing is pretty close to what you would book on your own but you might get a group perk like an on board credit or something.

Can you tell us differences between Carnival and other cruise lines group perks?

Not to belabor the point, but a good TA can go anything a PVP can do and more.

You know I love you,jimbo, but what my PVP just pulled off last week I’m willing to bet a TA couldn’t. I don’t want to get into details because I don’t want to get him in trouble or have others ask the same thing of him because a lot of us have the same one. But I will say my jaw dropped and I couldn’t believe it. It went way above and beyond anything I thought was possible and never I even asked because it was totally not on my radar. He just took it upon himself to do it.

You know I love you,jimbo, but what my PVP just pulled off last week I’m willing to bet a TA couldn’t. I don’t want to get into details because I don’t want to get him in trouble or have others ask the same thing of him because a lot of us have the same one. But I will say my jaw dropped and I couldn’t believe it. It went way above and beyond anything I thought was possible and never I even asked because it was totally not on my radar. He just took it upon himself to do it.

Fair enough, I was really thinking of every day service items like insurance that included air and hotels for pre and post cruise etc.

Fair enough, I was really thinking of every day service items like insurance that included air and hotels for pre and post cruise etc.

True. I am a control freak and have to do all that myself. My friend at work left for Costa Rica today. Her MIL is treating them and she had her TA do everything. No way could I relinquish control like that. They are flying from VA to Houston. Not sure that’s the best route. Plus it’s on an airline I’m not too fond of.

I’m a very relaxed person except when it comes to vacation. Then I have to do it my way.

True. I am a control freak and have to do all that myself. My friend at work left for Costa Rica today. Her MIL is treating them and she had her TA do everything. No way could I relinquish control like that. They are flying from VA to Houston. Not sure that’s the best route. Plus it’s on an airline I’m not too fond of.

I’m a very relaxed person except when it comes to vacation. Then I have to do it my way.

Huh, I think I could have written the same things about you. Just kidding. You are one of the most knowledgeable posters here. :-)