A new to me choice air problem

Orator

I've booked many One Way flights using Choice Air following a B2B. In fact just did one last week! However, when I attempted to book a one way from Dublin I was greeted with a message that said that I couldn't book the flight since I was on a B2B. Called Choice Air (now Celebrity Air) and tried to explain that the B2B started in Ft Lauderdale, about 20 miles from my home and was a TA arriving in Dublin. Since I was already in Dublin on the ship for the second part of the B2B I didn't require a flight to the ship. Only needed a one way flight to return to Fort Lauderdale. Told that they could not do this because it was a B2B and required a round trip. Think you all get the point. After much discussion with the Agent it was finally decided that he might be able to override the system. He did that, but the price was considerably higher than the price shown on the screen. Wished him a Happy New Year and will call back to speak to another Agent. I then a special Zenith Concierge who was completely baffled by the situation. He will report the problem to the IT Department since there is apparently a glitch in the system. Guess it's hard to believe that there is a glitch in the system.

I did this a few months ago, but I booked a one way flight from Venice at the end of a B2B with Choice Air and there were no questions asked or issues. And, I got an amazing price. I hope they have not changed their rules.

Carolyn

A few years ago we also jumped through hoops to book air for a back to back in Europe. A few weeks later we noticed that the Celebrity air folks had booked our return flights 10 days too early....which would have been when our ship was at sea in the middle of the second cruise. When we called Choice Air and told them they had made a mistake they tried to blame it on us (even thought they admitted they had our cruises on their system). After we spoke to a supervisor they agreed to fix their booking error, but by the time they admitted they had screwed up...the airline (USAIR) had increased the price of the flight. So the Cruise Air department wanted us to pay the increased cost....although they did (at that point) admit that they had made the booking error. After several phone calls (and hours of wasted time) we finally got to a high enough level where the Choice Air folks agreed to rebook onto the correct flights (the ones we had originally corrected) and pay the increased air cost. This was the last time we have ever used Choice Air.!

Hank

Called Celebrity Air (Choice Air) again to get a different Agent. She was able to successfully override the system and got the flight I needed.

Hope you got it at the good price you were looking at. Come back and let us know.

Called Celebrity Air (Choice Air) again to get a different Agent. She was able to successfully override the system and got the flight I needed.

Glad you got it worked out and I appreciate you sharing the situation. We frequently use Choice Air and it's good to know we can do this if needed.

Oh good ...

I was going to suggest calling back as we had to do this last time we booked Choice Air. Different reps have different talents. Ours also worked out after calling back to speak with someone else. Glad yours did as well.

We just booked a multi stop itinerary with Choice Air and the fare was approximately $300 lower than the airline’s website.

On a separate matter, we attempted to book a round trip ticket on our trip to Buenos Aires specifying a morning return flight. However, Choice Air refused to make the booking, stating that there was insufficient time to disembark, etc. to meet the 10:00 AM flight. I pointed out that the ship docks at 5:00 AM and it is about a 45 minute drive; perhaps even less on a Sunday morning. Nevertheless, they declined our request, so we booked directly with the airline.

Larry

I have no idea why you had any problem at all with these reservations. Choice Air does not require round trip flights...you can book one-way, either way with no problem...even if you book on-line. In addition, there is no requirement that you return the day the cruise arrives. You could stay an extra week or two after the trip...or you could fly to the ship a couple of weeks early. B2B is just two different cruises that happen to arrive/leave on the same day.

I'm sure you know the above. We've done it without issues but I guess they "improved their on-line system. (perhaps their system is now maintained and modified by Celebrity's crack IT team).

Edited by ghstudio

I have no idea why you had any problem at all with these reservations. Choice Air does not require round trip flights...you can book one-way, either way with no problem...even if you book on-line. In addition, there is no requirement that you return the day the cruise arrives. You could stay an extra week or two after the trip...or you could fly to the ship a couple of weeks early. B2B is just two different cruises that happen to arrive/leave on the same day.

I'm sure you know the above. We've done it without issues but I guess they "improved their on-line system. (perhaps their system is now maintained and modified by Celebrity's crack IT team).

Agree. There should have been no problems. I've booked more than 20 one way flights without difficulty, but this time was different. The Zenith Concierge believes its an IT problem and has reported it. It was resolved by calling Celebrity Air directly and finding an Agent who knew what to do, The number is:800-533-7803.

Oh good ...

I was going to suggest calling back as we had to do this last time we booked Choice Air. Different reps have different talents. Ours also worked out after calling back to speak with someone else. Glad yours did as well.

I love this: "Different reps have different talents." Found this out when I tried to tell Celebrity Air that my flight was cancelled, yet they had not notified me. Well you can just about guess what one agent said...yep, they showed me on another flight that left while we were in the middle of the Atlantic. I just kept checking with American and was always on top of things.