How many shoes guys?

Jimorel

I wear one pair and pack zero. I got a comfortable pair of all-black leather tennis shoes that are great for walking around on tours and around the ship PLUS look close enough to pass for dress shoes on formal nights if we bother trying to get into the MDR for those nights (sometimes we just skip those since it's a pain to pack for formal nights).

This will be my first cruise but I'm planning on wearing my sanuks on when boarding... they're my walking/ whatever shoes. Then need water shoes and dress shoes. Maybe a pair of flip flops too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My hubby brings several pairs. Brown oxfords for smart casual, black dress shoes for formal, sandals, tennis shoes, slippers and wears his comfortable Clark walking shoes on... sounds like a lot but they all have their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, last cruise I had 5 pairs + sandals.

This thread seems like the other one about packing. I don’t understand why people would pay so much money to cruise and then end up “rewearing smelly clothes” or “bringing only two pairs of shoes”, just doesn’t make sense!!

Backpackers would probably pack more pairs

Carbbean... Brown Rocports, which are dressy enough and still comfortable for walking, and some good fitting water sandals (my preference is Chacos, but I've got wide feet. If I think I'll be doing an excursion with lots of walking, I'll bring comfortable walking shoes (sneakers), as well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

This thread seems like the other one about packing. I don’t understand why people would pay so much money to cruise and then end up “rewearing smelly clothes” or “bringing only two pairs of shoes”, just doesn’t make sense!!

I pack for a seven night cruise in one carry on bag.

I only own three pairs of shoes.

Packing lightly is very important.

I leave the golf shoes at home.

Why would I take up a bunch of space in my limited luggage with heavy shoes I don't need and won't wear?? Now THAT wouldn't make sense.

Obviously the question depends a lot on where you're going, and for how long. Most of our cruises anymore are 2 weeks long, plus we add a few days onto the end to see the city we're starting in (Hong Kong, Amsterdam, London, etc). Packing for 16 days into one 50 lb suitcase + one carry-on bag doesn't leave a lot of room for extra things I don't need and won't used. Like extra shoes.

I also wouldn't re-wear "smelly" clothes. If they get smelly, I'd wash them or wear something else. I can wear the same pair of jeans more than one day without them getting "smelly" though.

Do SOME people go on short cruises where they can pack extra stuff? Sure. Do SOME people feel like they need to bring a boatload of shoes? Sure. Do SOME people think a cruise is for showing off their wardrobe? Sure. But don't put us all in the same box. None of those apply to us. For our tastes, cruising is about having a moving hotel. It's about convenience, getting from city to city easily and comfortably as we tour the world.

Maybe because it's the way we live at home?;)

There is a post on here for women about how many shoes they take on a cruise. Which made me think how many pairs of shoes do us guys need to take. After all, why should the ladies be the only ones to under pack? So fess up and confess how many pairs of shoes do men absolutely need to cruise? I have only been on one four night cruise and I feel I may have woefully missed out by bringing only one pair of walking shoes.

Two pairs for me; one for walking around and one pair for the gym. Plus the formal shoes that come with my rental tux for formal nights.....:):):)

Bob

Two pairs for me; one for walking around and one pair for the gym. Plus the formal shoes that come with my rental tux for formal nights.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

You forgot to mention Your high hell’s. Just kidding..:):) Happy New Year!!!

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

For a week or longer I wear on a pair of casual walking shoes and pack running shoes, flip flops, black dress shoes, brown loafers and clipless bike shoes for the spin classes in the fitness center. Less than a week and I skip either the dress shoes or loafers and the bike shoes.

I wear a pair of athletic shoes when boarding and have a pair of sandals and shower shoes in my checked suitcase. If I am going on a particularly hard hiking excursion over rough terrain, I sometimes add a pair of low cut hiking boots. My DW brings an equal number of shoes and does not require 10 pairs. We are on vacation.

OK, this is a bit embarrassing. The men's "How many shoes do you pack?" thread is longer than the ladies'.

:eek:

Its probably a sign of "nothing better to do" LOL but while I'm here,,,its three pairs. Dress shoes, running shoes for the gym, flip flops for the beach. (flip flow don't take up much room so a second pair may get thrown in)...:D

OK, this is a bit embarrassing. The men's "How many shoes do you pack?" thread is longer than the ladies'.

:eek:

Nonetheless combined, the men are taking less shoes than the women - even if you count the shoes of the women who have posted on this thread.

Thanks everybody for replying. I may need to get water shoes before my cruise. Since I wear size 14, I wonder where I can get some.

Although I almost hate to recommend the "Retailer that will someday engulf us all", Amazon definitely has reasonably priced size 14 water shoes (I just checked).