Diamond Plus Lounge on Allure

janets

I will be cruising on Allure July 2018 and we are Diamond Plus. Have not cruised since 2014 on Brillance where we had access to the Suite Lounge as D+ and enjoyed nice appetizers and mixed drinks before dinner.

Will that also be the case on the Allure as I do not see a Diamond Plus Lounge only Diamond. How do they handle the fact that D+ members can order mixed drinks.

Also as Diamond Plus will the exorbitant charge of $7.95 for room service be waived. My two adult children and families are also traveling with us and both have 2 adjoining rooms and always like to get room service for breakfast with their young children. What is policy for adjoining rooms ordering room service. What perks do we get as D+ on the Allure

I will be cruising on Allure July 2018 and we are Diamond Plus. Have not cruised since 2014 on Brillance where we had access to the Suite Lounge as D+ and enjoyed nice appetizers and mixed drinks before dinner.

Will that also be the case on the Allure as I do not see a Diamond Plus Lounge only Diamond. How do they handle the fact that D+ members can order mixed drinks.

Also as Diamond Plus will the exorbitant charge of $7.95 for room service be waived. My two adult children and families are also traveling with us and both have 2 adjoining rooms and always like to get room service for breakfast with their young children. What is policy for adjoining rooms ordering room service. What perks do we get as D+ on the Allure

There is only the diamond lounge unless you are staying in a GS or above in which cas you get access to the suite lounge.

Room service fees are not waived for D+.

You are also able to get 3 free drinks per member during the nightly happy hour instead of, or in addition to, going to the lounge so that you can socialize with others who do not have access to the lounge.

I don't think there is any such thing as a D+ lounge. Some ships have a Concierge Lounge that accommodates suites/pinnacles and D+. Based on the Liberty of the Seas and the dry dock plans for a couple other ships the trend seems to be toward having a lounge for suite/pinnacle guests and another for D and D+.

Allure still has the old two story CL on deck 11 which was converted to the DL, like is currently on twin sister Oasis, when they put the SL in on 17.

On Harmony (which is replacing Oasis here in PC) the DL is a tiny little lounge on deck four. Not happy about that, since the DL on Oasis is already over crowded with both D+ and Ds in the same single lounge now.

You need to be GS and above or Pinnacle to use the SL.

And no...Brilliance does not have an SL. It is still the CL for D+, Pinnacle and full suites...and was still such when we were on board this month.

D and D+ can have exactly the same drinks and appetisers during the designated time so not sure what the issue is.

The D lounge on Oasis (and I assume Allure, too) has very nice appetizers and wine, beer and a limited menu of mixed drinks. I'm not sure what you mean by "How do they handle the fact that D+ members can order mixed drinks." Anyone in the Diamond lounge can order mixed drinks and/or get the pre-loaded drinks at any or most bars on the ship.

I used the "wrong term" before - yes we were in Concierge Lounge along with Suite guests and Pinnacle guests on the Brilliance where we could order mixed drinks and have a Concierge to make dinner reservations and other things. So does that no longer exist for D+ on Allure? How crowded does the Diamond Lounge get then

I used the "wrong term" before - yes we were in Concierge Lounge along with Suite guests and Pinnacle guests on the Brilliance where we could order mixed drinks and have a Concierge to make dinner reservations and other things. So does that no longer exist for D+ on Allure? How crowded does the Diamond Lounge get then

Those perks are available to D+ on Allure via the Diamond Lounge and Diamond Concierge.

I'm sorry. I wasn't being sarcastic before, I promise. I was trying to understand why you didn't think you'd get the benefits you were describing in the Diamond Lounge. How crowded the D lounge varies from cruise to cruise.

On twin sister Oasis....it gets very, very crowded. Even daily long lines to the coffee machine. I don't even want to think about how bad it is on Harmony with the tiny DL on deck 4.

Once thing Oasis does though, is an overflow down on deck 4 in nightclub Blaze for happy hour only. Helps a lot, though it is dark and gloomy in there IMHO. I am assuming Allure had the same overflow set up.

We are D+. Have to tell you, we were just on Allure in October and we thought the D Lounge looked really old. Tables had scratches all over them, chairs had stains, etc. We ended up only in there 2 nights and said the heck with it - we have a drink package so we went to Schooners the rest of the week. Totally enjoyed it there, way nicer than the Diamond Lounge was.

First DL or CL ever that we thought needed a lot of work and refreshing.

We are D+. Have to tell you, we were just on Allure in October and we thought the D Lounge looked really old. Tables had scratches all over them, chairs had stains, etc. We ended up only in there 2 nights and said the heck with it - we have a drink package so we went to Schooners the rest of the week. Totally enjoyed it there, way nicer than the Diamond Lounge was.

First DL or CL ever that we thought needed a lot of work and refreshing.

Overuse probably. And I am wondering if RCI is delaying doing any improvements in the DL as it may turn into Wonderland like Harmony has in that spot?