Some of you have interesting cruiser names

haladdict

My name is fairly simple as well, When I cruise there are two things I really enjoy. I like to relax so the joy comes from travel and a good nap, so it is simply travelnap. I also enjoy a good book or two when I cruise but if I added book, everyone would think I work for a travel agency or something.

I have some Irish ancestry and my eyes are blue/green like the sea. The old song "when Irish eyes are smiling" came to mind when thinking up a screen name and I just switched it to Irish Eyes Are Sailing"....

Ahh the hazel eyes that change?

I am the same and with Irish ancestry.

I still remember mucking up your CC name and calling you Irish Eyes are Sailing on the FCl :o It was a natural instinct I'm sorry to say ;)

Kazu was my lab (RIP). My avatar is Maverick (RIP) a white mountain dog. And now, along with my rescue Fox who is part Sheltie and spitz, we have another mountain dog - the bane of my existence as he is such a suck - Marley (Bernese Mountain Dog).

We had a terrible trio for years and are now down to a devilish duo ;).

They are good dogs -most of the time ;)

Ahh the hazel eyes that change?

I am the same and with Irish ancestry.

I still remember mucking up your CC name and calling you Irish Eyes are Sailing on the FCl :o It was a natural instinct I'm sorry to say ;)

Kazu was my lab (RIP). My avatar is Maverick (RIP) a white mountain dog. And now, along with my rescue Fox who is part Sheltie and spitz, we have another mountain dog - the bane of my existence as he is such a suck - Marley (Bernese Mountain Dog).

We had a terrible trio for years and are now down to a devilish duo ;).

They are good dogs -most of the time ;)

Somehow I knew you were an animal lover as I am. It's why you are so nice to all of us.....! Animal lovers are usually kind people!:)

Mine is a play on the name of the town where I live - Port Coquitlam, which all the locals shorten to PoCo. You can take the "nut" part however you like.:D

I grew up in Coquitlam just off the North Road! I totally "get" your screen name. Mine is fairly obvious. I teach (6th grade, yes I am on the nutty side) and I love it!

Karen

Mine is actually pretty simple. I live in Maryland (MD), my initials are raf, and in is just plain in as in location.

Roy

Oh shoot! I thought you were a medical doctor (md)

Far from it, my employment was as an Actuary. However, in my younger days with the volunteer fire department I was an EMT for a number of years.

I once saw an assortment of quips about actuaries. One of the entries was "He expects people to be dead on time", Not exactly consistent with the role of an EMT.

Roy

Safety Squirrel

I taught in the the high school driver education program (classroom) for 20 years. I guess I was always telling my two sons and their spouses about new driving methods, etc.

At Thanksgiving dinner I was explaining something about setting your mirrors when my granddaughter who was four at the time said "Oh there goes grandma, the safety squirrel again" -- out of the mouth of babes.

So my sons explained that they had started calling me 'safety squirrel' saying I was always talking about new techniques in driving etc. So -- the name has stuck. Later, when I was teaching new instructors, I would relate that story to them and it always got a laugh - so I said -- be careful that you do not always tell your family and friends about new methods/techniques you have learned - they do not always want to hear about them.;)

I’m not terribly imaginative. I tried to think of what I like to *do* and arrived at “ArtsyCraftsy.” The “Artsy” part is because I’m rather involved in music (composer, conductor, and ex-singer); the “Craftsy” part is because I do lace (thread) crochet, make handcrafted greeting cards, and dabble in knitting and other crafts.

I registered with CC before I had taken my first cruise. If I had to come up with a name now, it would probably reflect my newly acquired cruise addiction. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Boytjie is South African slang for "guy" as in "What a guy!"/What a boytjie!" It is a combination of English ("boy") and Afrikaans (diminutive suffix "tjie'), literal meaning would be "little guy". It is pronounced boy-key.

Boytjie is South African slang for "guy" as in "What a guy!"/What a boytjie!" It is a combination of English ("boy") and Afrikaans (diminutive suffix "tjie'), literal meaning would be "little guy". It is pronounced boy-key.

Peter

I always was curious about your name!! Now I know😉

Denise:)