Two unrelated questions...

Turtle05

I do not have a TA. How do I mark my reservation as "do not upgrade?" I chose very specific rooms (aft suite and corner aft mini suite) and I don't want to be moved.

My dad has very specific dietary restrictions regarding his stage four kidney disease. Should I list this on his reservation or should he just manage it himself based on what he eats and orders? Or should we hit the MDR shortly after boarding to notify someone there? My parents will likely eat all dinners in the MDR. I've seen comments/complaints about dietary restrictions not getting to the right person.

On your Princess "Booking Summary", middle of the page there is a tab labeled "Guest Check-In". Beneath that you can click on "Accessibility & Dietary Requirements" and enter information for each traveler. Not sure about the "do not upgrade" question. I believe I checked a box for that when I booked the room. It shows on my personalizer page.

I had kidney issues two years ago due to an immune disorder which has since healed. Enter dietary restriction online and the head waiter will visit the table and discuss options with him the first night. Then he/or she will give him the next night's menu and they will work out what to order. Do not expect them to know what he can or cannot eat. However, they are super accommodating and will create a special dish or dishes for him alone. They even made me special desserts since I was also eating dairy free, vegan, and gluten free diet. Darn, they wouldn't even let me order french onion soup because it had bread and cheese. Boo. How I wanted to cheat. A couple of misses but in general, everything was pretty good. He will have to tell them what he wants. Every night, he will get the next evening's menu in advance and work out the next nights dinner.

Thanks. Since I booked both rooms, I had to call in to book, so the option to check it during booking wasn't there.

The option doesn't exist during the booking process as a direct passenger. Only TA's and Princess customer reps can do this.

I do not have a TA. How do I mark my reservation as "do not upgrade?" I chose very specific rooms (aft suite and corner aft mini suite) and I don't want to be moved.

We're like you and choose our cabin carefully. The only time we were ever given an upgrade was when we booked ourselves, stressed we did not want an upgrade but got one all the same. Balcony to mini suite which some would love but....the shower is over the bath and my husband has difficulty with that. So, our upgrade was a down grade as far as we were concerned.

I suggest you book it yourself if that's your preference, then hand it over to a local TA with instructions to specify no upgrade. The price will still be the same. BUT, if you book through a TA to start with you might get a bit more OBC.