Taking drinks into your stateroom?

Muffinz

Wife & I will be on Solstice March / April - our first ever cruise

can we order drinks at the bar and take them back to our stateroom? or do they have to be consumed at the bar?

We would like relax on our balcony with a drink or 2 and are wondering if you're allowed to do this

thanks in advance

Wife & I will be on Solstice March / April - our first ever cruise

can we order drinks at the bar and take them back to our stateroom? or do they have to be consumed at the bar?

We would like relax on our balcony with a drink or 2 and are wondering if you're allowed to do this

thanks in advance

Absolutely.

Congratulations! You have selected an excellent ship for your first cruise. In addition to taking bar drinks to your cabin, you can bring bottles of wine aboard with you to consume in your cabin (or on the balcony).

Plus, if you are in a suite, you can bring drinks back from Michael;s Club for in-room consumption. Have a GREAT first cruise.

Cheers!

Can I use my own wineglass to bring a drink back to cabin safely?....it has a removeable top, so no spillage from being “bumped”in the elevator. No one, including me, wants red wine spilled on them.

Can I use my own wineglass to bring a drink back to cabin safely?....it has a removeable top, so no spillage from being “bumped”in the elevator. No one, including me, wants red wine spilled on them.

I'm sure you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unrelated to your original and well answered question, sailing out of Sydney is stunning so be sure to be out on deck for departure. We had a stunning sunset the night we left and stayed out on deck for over an hour just watching the sky and the city go by.

Think of it this way. Stop at the 1st bar. Get 2 drinks with your cards. Have one of you hold the 1st 2 drinks and the other person stops at 2nd bar with 2 seapass cards and pick up 2 more drinks. Then go to your balcony each with 2 drinks. You can also go to the Oceanview Cafe and make up some appetizers for the balcony. Enjoy your cruise.

CEL-Beverages-Packages.pdf

If you bring wine aboard for your stateroom, you can ask your stateroom attendant to bring wine glass for you if they aren't already there. You can ask your sommelier to hold an unfinished bottle for the next evening, or bring it back to your cabin. Drinks, and food can be taken to your room if you choose. By and large cruise ships tend to be the land of yes. They want you to be happy with your vacation choice and return for more.

Since it's your first cruise, remember that you can order whatever you want from the menus. Two appetizers are fine. A dinner entrée as a starter in a smaller portion, okay. Not sure if you want different entrees, or order something you don't care for, they are only too happy to make you smile. Also, room service is free except between 11 PM and 6 AM. Then there is a small charge.

Yes , you can. We even get bottles of water or vitamin water and soda ..ask bar tender not to open them ....add them to our room fridge for the evening when we don't want to leave the room and curl up with a movie..........Because if you take from mini bar you get charged ...

On a previous thread a while ago I read where a couple had brought wine on board with them and the day after the first bottle was finished the DH took both cards to the bar the next afternoon while his DW was elsewhere on the ship and got two glasses of wine, brought them back to the cabin and used a funnel they have brought with to pour the wine into the empty bottle. He repeated this about 30 minutes later, corked the bottle and then that night they enjoyed a couple glasses on their balcony without ever leaving their room. I think I'll pack a funnel next time :D

Just a quick comment -- if you have an unfinished glass of wine at the specialty restaurants, some of them have "nicer" quality glasses. The wait staff may want to pour your unfinished wine into one of the "regular" glasses and keep the nicer quality ones in the restaurant's glass inventory.

Good idea !!

Also, if you are in a suite. You can ask your Butler to fetch the drinks for you and deliver them to you on your balcony. Oh ... how I love cruising !

-- Don

Another interesting fact when we showed up at dinner with a drink from the bar outside they will take it from you and carry it to your table for you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My sweetheart and I do this EVERY night. We have a couple drinks before dinner and then carry our unfinished drink to dinner with us. One evening last week, one of the bar tenders from Luminae just happen to see us at a bar and came by to carry our drinks for us. Celebrity service just keeps getting better and better !

-- Don