Last minute question

tigger54

Can I bring an extension cord on the Equinox?I know I am allowed to bring one on Carnival ships as long as it does not have a surge protector.

I don't believe so, since I have seen many confiscated. If you need one for a C-pap machine they will both provide it as well as tape it down so that you won't trip. You can contact them beforehand or just ask your stateroom attendant.

I don't believe so, since I have seen many confiscated. If you need one for a C-pap machine they will both provide it as well as tape it down so that you won't trip. You can contact them beforehand or just ask your stateroom attendant.

Both my wife and I have CPAPs. I always ask the ship to supply one long extension cord to get from the outlet at the desk over to one of the tables at the bed, but also bring my own extension cord to use to get from the 1st CPAP over to the 2nd CPAP. Keep it in my CPAP bag and have never had a problem bringing it on board.

Can I bring an extension cord on the Equinox?I know I am allowed to bring one on Carnival ships as long as it does not have a surge protector.

From the X site.

Items Not Allowed Onboard

Q. May I bring my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phone on board?

A. Celebrity Cruises will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

Q. Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Q. What not to pack

A. Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited.

The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

My father uses a c-pap machine. As we stay in a hotel before the cruise we bring our own extension cord for hotel use. Celebrity has never sent my dad suitcase to the knotty room. If Celebrity does take the extension cord they will give it back at the end of the cruise.

Yes !

We always bring a couple VERY short power strips and have NEVER had it confiscated. One cruise on Silhouette, security took it from us and sent to the chief electrician for his approval. He quickly told them it was just fine and sent it up to our cabin.

And ... we have found the suites to be very lacking outlets, so we ask our butler to bring up an extension cord for us. He always does ... in fact, butlers who know us now have one waiting for us in our suite when we board.

Here's a picture of the power strip we travel with ... never a problem on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean.

PowerStrip-1.jpgPowerStrip-2.jpg

These power strips however ... are ALWAYS confiscated. Don't bring them !

image_20822.jpg