Disney World excursion transportation

As others have stated, it depends on what you are looking for. True, it is not enough time if this is your only visit ever, but for us we have been a lot and are planning a full vacation there in December. This is just a quick fix for us. We will be there on the Jan. 19 Anthem cruise...same as you Brooke? Ship is there from 7am-9pm so also is more time than when it is only there 12pm-9pm. We are renting a car and plan on staying there until about 5-6. If all goes as planned, this will give us about 7-8 hours in the park which is all we do in a normal day there when on land based vacation. We have driven from WDW to the port for DCL cruises and is about an hour if no traffic.

We are visiting MK as our kids still like it the best and will do some rides, but will be more of a “enjoy the atmosphere” type visit for us. By Disney standards, this will be a light crowds day for us on Jan. 22. Google Touring Plans for a great site for WDW planning.

Just my $0.02!

As others have stated, it depends on what you are looking for. True, it is not enough time if this is your only visit ever, but for us we have been a lot and are planning a full vacation there in December. This is just a quick fix for us. We will be there on the Jan. 19 Anthem cruise...same as you Brooke? Ship is there from 7am-9pm so also is more time than when it is only there 12pm-9pm. We are renting a car and plan on staying there until about 5-6. If all goes as planned, this will give us about 7-8 hours in the park which is all we do in a normal day there when on land based vacation. We have driven from WDW to the port for DCL cruises and is about an hour if no traffic.

We are visiting MK as our kids still like it the best and will do some rides, but will be more of a “enjoy the atmosphere” type visit for us. By Disney standards, this will be a light crowds day for us on Jan. 22. Google Touring Plans for a great site for WDW planning.

Just my $0.02!

Yes, we are on the same cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on January 19th Anthem too. We are signed up for bus transportation to Seaworld for $31, but might cancel since it leaves to return to the ship at 3pm but we don't leave port til 9pm. That just seems like an odd return time. We are on a budget so cost matters. Uber is looking steep and I don't want the potential problems of a car rental (I know, unlikely, but it will stress me to worry about accidents and trying to get back to the ship).

I love Disney but we figured Seaworld would be a bit more manageable in terms of getting in and seeing a good amount and getting out.

I'm on January 19th Anthem too. We are signed up for bus transportation to Seaworld for $31, but might cancel since it leaves to return to the ship at 3pm but we don't leave port til 9pm. That just seems like an odd return time. We are on a budget so cost matters. Uber is looking steep and I don't want the potential problems of a car rental (I know, unlikely, but it will stress me to worry about accidents and trying to get back to the ship).

I love Disney but we figured Seaworld would be a bit more manageable in terms of getting in and seeing a good amount and getting out.

That is a weird return time. I would see if there's another transport service outside of the ship offerings that could get you there and back with better timing. I'd look into an option that leaves at 7pm- you'll be leaving at the end of rush hour, so the drive will still be about an hour. Unlike Disney, Seaworld is doable on a slower day (which it will be in mid-January). You'd be able to do most shows and most of the rides in about 6 hours or so.

You can buy the tickets ahead of time and make fast passes, but I’d never spend that much money to take two little ones to WDW on an August afternoon, and I know how to do the parks with strategies.

I agree, even with fast passes, there still is somewhat of a wait on some rides. AND consider the time going from ride to ride. It could be 45 min to an hour just getting off one ride and getting on another. BUT, my biggest issue is the prices vs time spent there. When we go, we arrive at opening and leave at closing.

Disney is best done over several days via a land-based vacation.

Absolutely agree! We are doing family cruise in 2018 and family vacay to Disney World/Universal in 2019 separately. Too much to do and see, even though we have been many times before. I would think a day trip a total waste of time here.

We debated a disney visit with our Florida trip this Feb. Our almost 5yr old daughter is dying to go as a lot of her slightly older friends have recently gone. When I looked up the prices, even for a day visit and factoring food and everything else I just could NOT pay for it. Instead we booked a cruise :-) A week on the beach then a week on a cruise...for not that much more than we'd have spent for a couple days at disney. We do plan to do a Disney trip with her but will wait till she is a tad older and can last longer each day while there.

On a side note we took her to the movies about 2 weeks ago without telling her where we were going (my little pony). We brought her inside the lobby and she looked around wide eyed and yelled "woahhhh is this Disney World or Disney Land?" hahahahaha I debated telling her Disneyland and checking it off our bucket list. heehee. Point being, I think Disney is best at about age 6. Prior to that they really don't need much to be thoroughly wowed and entertained and they get a lot more out of Disney when that little bit older (and taller) BUT don't wait too long or the lose some of the Magic. The costs are ridiculous when you factor in the hours of standing in line!

Almost zero line at the cruise ship carousel and there are Characters onboard as well :-)

Mid august in MCO miserable with heat/humidity, doesn't stop me from visiting then now & again:)

Surprised RCCL's excursions to parks are bus only?

Know my DS's family just had a port day there sailing on CCL & went to SeaWorld instead. Had been there before, had a great time. Booked ship transport in lieu of renting car JIK accident snarled up traffic on beachline on the way back to the ship.

SW offers many different tix promos. We have APs, easy to snag free tix or half off type but even standard tix deals are often available. Check their website.

For me I would plan to do Disney on another trip or arrive MCO a few days before or do it at the end of the cruise. See about taking Uber to and from Disney if the Royal Bus does not fit your schedule.

I would allow at least 2 hours or more to get from MCO to the Ship and to Disney depending on the traffic and time of day. If it were me I would not fathom arriving 30 minutes before sail away that would be cutting it close.

For me fly into MCO early in the morning then take Uber to the port and on the return take Uber back to your Disney Hotel. Figure out the cost per person to take the bus and Uber SUV is a better deal!

For me I would plan to do Disney on another trip or arrive MCO a few days before or do it at the end of the cruise. See about taking Uber to and from Disney if the Royal Bus does not fit your schedule.

I would allow at least 2 hours or more to get from MCO to the Ship and to Disney depending on the traffic and time of day. If it were me I would not fathom arriving 30 minutes before sail away that would be cutting it close.

For me fly into MCO early in the morning then take Uber to the port and on the return take Uber back to your Disney Hotel. Figure out the cost per person to take the bus and Uber SUV is a better deal!

The OP is stopping at Port Canaveral as a port of call, your suggestions will not work if they are only in port from 12-9.

The cost for Disney tickets for one day is up there, but should also be put into perspective...many people don’t hesitate to drop $100/pp or more on a concert or sporting event that lasts 3 hours. Heck, a 4 hour swim with the dolphins in Nassau is $160!

Again, it depends what you are looking for. That said, to OP, if you are going in August when it will be much more crowded than late January, ship only gets in at 12pm and stinking hot, I too would skip. :D

Edited by TBMT
wrong word

I just went back and reread the OP...you are talking about the car seat situation, how about a stroller(s) for the two little ones, plus any needs like diapers or foods or drinks, seems like a lot to carry for just a short while.

For mid August with littles, I’d recommend cocoa beach. Beautiful, flat, sandy beach with a nice restaurant on the pier (fine dining-no, but great people watching and fun, casual atmosphere. You can walk out in pier and watch the fishermen. I think you can rent poles and fish yourself too. Ron Jon’s surf shop is a fun store to walk around and so is cocoa beach surf co. They are right next to each other. I’m pretty sie you can rent beach equipment-chairs and umbrellas-from vendors right on the beach. There are mini-gold places near by too. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For mid August with littles, I’d recommend cocoa beach. Beautiful, flat, sandy beach with a nice restaurant on the pier (fine dining-no, but great people watching and fun, casual atmosphere. You can walk out in pier and watch the fishermen. I think you can rent poles and fish yourself too. Ron Jon’s surf shop is a fun store to walk around and so is cocoa beach surf co. They are right next to each other. I’m pretty sie you can rent beach equipment-chairs and umbrellas-from vendors right on the beach. There are mini-gold places near by too. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cocoa Beach is a great beach for young children, flat and nice sand, large shallow area and the waves aren’t overwhelming. It’s the favorite beach of our grandkids.:D There are vendors renting chairs and umbrellas and it would be an easy Uber from the ship.

Sherri:)

A possible way to do Disney yet not the cost is use Royal's transportation (I assume they take you to the Ticket and Transportation Center), then use the monorail to tour the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary hotels. You can take a motor launch to Wilderness Lodge.

I would NOT go into the park. $100+/adult for just a couple hours, most of which will be spent waiting in line just isn't worth it IMO.

We were thinking about using passes that we bought in the 1980s that have one day left on them on our upcoming Anthem cruise in March. We are docked from 7:00 am to 9:00pm that day. Assuming the buses leave around 8:00am what time is the return to the ship or is there continuous return bus service.

We are big DisneyWorld fans. Having stated that, I agree with all that it would not be worth a short visit with young children. We brought out son at 3yo to disney, but we were there for several days and were able to visit for a few hours, back to the room for rest (and nap) then another short afternoon visit to a part or the pool.

Our recent RC cruises with PortCanaveral stops involved a trip to Brevard Zoo (a nice guided tour to/from and a pleasant zoo. We had 6 adults ). My son (then 23yo) and I went to the space center and enjoyed it thouroughly last spring. Next week we are taking the shuttle from Canaveral to Sea World. (We bought tickets at Seaworld online).

With 2 young children, I believe you could enjoy the Zoo the most of those 3.