Best corner aft cabin for Alaska

raiderp64

My husband and I are planning a cruise for just the two of us during the summer of 2019 and would like to book early to ensure a corner aft cabin. We have cruised numerous times in the past on RC and were mostly happy, and twice on Carnival and won't be doing that again. We're open to trying most cruise lines, besides those that are ultra luxurious/expensive. We really enjoy aft cabins, in particular corner aft, and feel it would be great for an Alaskan cruise. Any recommendations?

First question would be, which direction are your going?

What is you budget would be important as well?

Do you prefer more land sights or water sights?

We are headed south for the AK portion of our cruise and chose a starboard aft cabin. This gave us more water than land and I hope more views of the islands inside the passage. But, being aft, not quite as important as other places on the ship.

Thanks for the replies and apologies for the vagueness in my original post. We are leaning toward a one-way, northbound cruise with a stay in Alaska afterwards.

My daughter and I sailed on the Celebrity Infinity several years ago on a round-trip out of Seattle. I don't recall which deck we were on, but were part of a large party that occupied most of the aft cabins, including both corners which were massive! It was quite the party that week. That was my only cruise on Celebrity, and I was quite happy with it.

This cruise will just be my husband and I, no kids or friends. We'd like an aft balcony cabin or small suite on a mid-range cruise line such as Celebrity. We are in are early 40's. While we don't mind being around kids, we are looking for a trip that is less geared toward youth activities and more toward adults. We also aren't looking for a crazy party atmosphere, but would like a few after-dinner options such as good shows and music. Good food and yummy cocktails are also a necessity!

I guess what I'm seeking are particular ships and cabin numbers that others have enjoyed. I'm happy to add more information if needed.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

You have ruled out Carnival....but we were on The Carnival Legend last year in an aft suite and highly recommend the cabin. 5 rooms, double marble sinks in the bathroom, a wrap around balcony that would accommodate half the passengers on the ship. etc. etc.

• 4 months later...
You have ruled out Carnival....but we were on The Carnival Legend last year in an aft suite and highly recommend the cabin. 5 rooms, double marble sinks in the bathroom, a wrap around balcony that would accommodate half the passengers on the ship. etc. etc.

I know you have posted this some time ago, I am hoping you can answer my questions.

1. What was your room number ?

2. Do you mind me asking how much for the cabin?

There reason for asking would be would two rooms be cheaper than this room.

3. Sound like this would be big enough for 4 people.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

I know you have posted this some time ago, I am hoping you can answer my questions.

1. What was your room number ?

2. Do you mind me asking how much for the cabin?

There reason for asking would be would two rooms be cheaper than this room.

3. Sound like this would be big enough for 4 people.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

The Legend should have the same cabins the Miracle has, if so that suite is fantastic and will easily handle 4 people.