RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

With the prices rising over the last few years, especially on Ta's.

They might have to reinstate the diminishing freebies offered to C&A members.

Or maybe they just might jump ship

Your right.

We have 2 P&O cruises booked this year.

Almost 40 years in sales have taught me to 'Look after your Customers' or you will lose them.

wow, I really hope you enjoy your choice with P&O, I tried them and would never go back.

Your right.

We have 2 P&O cruises booked this year.

Almost 40 years in sales have taught me to 'Look after your Customers' or you will lose them.

I think Royal Caribbean should devote one entire deck for giving away free drinks and food. Each C & A tier should have their own lounge and the quality of the alcohol and food should served there correspond with its status. Pinnacles would get caviar and opus one while gold members would get canned sardines and ripple.

How about we have one entire SHIP, that Diamond and above are REQUIRED to sail on.

Then, the cabins, amenities, perks and lounges can all be based on status.

D+ get Oceanview, D+ with 350 or more get balconies, P's get suites - but only JS's for new P's.

Gold can be the crew and would get the insides. But they would only get half points for the cruise, because they are working on it and earning tips (not pooled, of course).

C&A members D and above would ONLY be allowed to sail on that ship, and it would be periodically cancelled due to a charter, with no compensation offered, even for those with refundable deposits.

So no one wants to discuss the DL has taken the place of the CL with no loss?

No real loss for us.

For us, with the exception of the Allure and Oasis ( never been on Quantum class) there is no difference between many CL and DL. In fact some ships ( Freedom class) have a much better DL than CL. We do prefer the CL on Radiance class because we like to sit at a bar. But many of the ships have the same offerings at the DL and CL.

So far, RCCL has promised me a lounge and cocktails, and they have delivered. I don't care what is it called and who has access. I shared a CL with D+, Suite and Pinnacle. I share a DL with D+ and Diamonds. I can only be at one lounge at a time so having just one is no issue for us. Perhaps I am not too bothered because we don't use the lounges that much in the evenings.

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Whats wrong with suggesting 5 free drinks vouchers instead of 3 drinks vouchers?

Three is plenty for me. After all, the cocktail period is only 3 hours. I can't remember when we each used three in an evening.

The vouchers work perfectly for us, keeps us happy with a drink or 3 , and keeps us away from the lounge, so 2 less bodies needing a seat. I imagine that was the intent.

M

Three is plenty for me. After all, the cocktail period is only 3 hours. I can't remember when we each used three in an evening.

The vouchers work perfectly for us, keeps us happy with a drink or 3 , and keeps us away from the lounge, so 2 less bodies needing a seat. I imagine that was the intent.

M

Thats fine but for some of us the only time we can drink without having to potentially drive with little notice is on holiday so 3 glasses of champagne won't last to long.

I like to get some cheese and appetizers and some cocktails around 5 or so. My vouchers don't work in dining rooms (not by policy anyways, and not in my experience either). And WJ doesn't open until 6PM. I can't order some light snacks to my room without incurring a charge, and if I wanted a cocktail I'd have to go out and come back, kind of a PITA.

If RCI provided me alternatives to the lounge offerings at the same time, no problem, that would be 3 less people in the lounge. But they don't. So why should I negotiate with other paying guests as to whether I should use the benefits the company has provided, at this time? Milwaukee Eight is all about denigrating C&A members, but what I can't figure out is why I have to negotiate to accept less or feel guilty using what is offered?

I like to get some cheese and appetizers and some cocktails around 5 or so. My vouchers don't work in dining rooms (not by policy anyways, and not in my experience either). And WJ doesn't open until 6PM. I can't order some light snacks to my room without incurring a charge, and if I wanted a cocktail I'd have to go out and come back, kind of a PITA.

If RCI provided me alternatives to the lounge offerings at the same time, no problem, that would be 3 less people in the lounge. But they don't. So why should I negotiate with other paying guests as to whether I should use the benefits the company has provided, at this time? Milwaukee Eight is all about denigrating C&A members, but what I can't figure out is why I have to negotiate to accept less or feel guilty using what is offered?

We are very similar in that we like to go in early get a few snacks and take a couple of glasses of champagne back to the cabin to drink on the balcony.

Usually we call back at the DL around 7.30pm and go for dinner at MTD at 8.30 pm.

No real loss for us.

For us, with the exception of the Allure and Oasis ( never been on Quantum class) there is no difference between many CL and DL. In fact some ships ( Freedom class) have a much better DL than CL. We do prefer the CL on Radiance class because we like to sit at a bar. But many of the ships have the same offerings at the DL and CL.

So far, RCCL has promised me a lounge and cocktails, and they have delivered. I don't care what is it called and who has access. I shared a CL with D+, Suite and Pinnacle. I share a DL with D+ and Diamonds. I can only be at one lounge at a time so having just one is no issue for us. Perhaps I am not too bothered because we don't use the lounges that much in the evenings.

Enjoy

M

Well said.....

Totally agree.