What Do You Bring In Carry On?

livetheatre

The bag needs to fit through their X-ray machine. The wine must be in your carry on bag. I bring my makeup in my carry on so nothing gets broken. I also bring toiletries, sunscreen, camera etc. I wear my swimsuit under my dress and bring on a change of clothes. We normally take a walk around the ship, get something to eat, and go check out the kids club since we cruise with our kids. My best advice is to explore the ship and see everything that it offers, you’ll have an amazing time!

The bag needs to fit through their X-ray machine. The wine must be in your carry on bag. I bring my makeup in my carry on so nothing gets broken. I also bring toiletries, sunscreen, camera etc. I wear my swimsuit under my dress and bring on a change of clothes. We normally take a walk around the ship, get something to eat, and go check out the kids club since we cruise with our kids. My best advice is to explore the ship and see everything that it offers, you’ll have an amazing time!

Not true.

Edited by davekathy

I used to carry a carry one, not anymore. I just put my expensive perfume and electric shaver n toothbrush on my gf,s carry on. I also place some on my clothes on her normal luggage just in case mine gets lost. We board the ship early as possible so we need to carry the carry on for at least 2 hrs

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you don’t mind me asking here... does the carry on have to meet any size requirements (like with the airlines)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carry-on bag. The maximum dimensions for a carry-on bag are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches (22 cm x 35 cm x 56 cm), including handles and wheels.

Certainly but poster referred to airlines policy which is what I posted.

For some reason John's quote didn't show up here.

John is correct. They were asking if there were any restrictions for cruise carry-ons like there is for airlines. The airlines have the restrictions because the bags have to fit in the overhead compartments. I have never seen any posted restrictions for the cruise bags. I would assume as long as it would fit thru the security scanning machines that it would be fine.

Everything has already been mentioned that we carry on.

We don't check bags so we have everything we will need for the week in our carry on's. We both have carry on suitcases with attachment hooks for bags for toiletries etc. As long as they don't have a 1/1 rule like the airlines we are all set, that our I have BF carry my additional bag on his suitcase and I'll carry my purse.

I have a carry on bag and a Tom Bihn Aeronaut. I carry both onto the plane, but I hand the ship porters the Aeronaut and wave bye-bye. I'm not lugging my big bag through the whole ship, if I can help it.

Onto the ship, I carry on travel docs, my tablet, sunglasses, swimsuit, sunscreen, valuables and medicine and a knitting project. My husband usually remembers to carry on his tablet and sunglasses, but half the time he gets jealous that I can go swimming right away. We get lunch, explore the ship, stop by the MDR and find our table, basically orient ourselves. We also do dining, so getting our first night reservation set happens early. I like to dip in the pool ASAP, and by the time I'm ready to get out, our room is usually ready and we can get set for dinner and casting off.

I have a carry on bag and a Tom Bihn Aeronaut. I carry both onto the plane, but I hand the ship porters the Aeronaut and wave bye-bye. I'm not lugging my big bag through the whole ship, if I can help it.

Onto the ship, I carry on travel docs, my tablet, sunglasses, swimsuit, sunscreen, valuables and medicine and a knitting project. My husband usually remembers to carry on his tablet and sunglasses, but half the time he gets jealous that I can go swimming right away. We get lunch, explore the ship, stop by the MDR and find our table, basically orient ourselves. We also do dining, so getting our first night reservation set happens early. I like to dip in the pool ASAP, and by the time I'm ready to get out, our room is usually ready and we can get set for dinner and casting off.

Your husband can wear his bathing suit to board. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Medication, toiletries, make-up, hairbrush, jewelry, change of clothes (including undergarments), bathing suit and light cover-up, small amount of (gentlemen, skip the next few words) tampons or pads, sunscreen, hat (folded down as much as possible), bottle of water in case I get a migraine during embarkation and need to take medication fast, jacket or cardigan (because indoor spaces can be chilly).

Wine must be carried on; it will be taken out of luggage.

This is not correct.

If you put wine in your checked luggage, it may be held at the naughty area until you go down and open the bag to show them that it is wine.

But it is not removed from your luggage.

I wear clothes suitable for dinner and wandering around.

In the carry on, I put a change of underwear, shorts, and swim stuff.

Plus meds, electronics (including chargers), travel docs, a toothbrush and comb.

And two bottles of wine. Not required, but not a big deal.

Very little. Nothing more than a small backpack with anything fragile like glasses, sunglasses, iPads, a phone charger, travel docs, hat, sunscreen and maybe an extra shirt. I’ve never had a need to carry on much more than.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take the things I cannot do without - or cannot afford (financially) to loose.

One change of clothes, jewellery, proper medication, cameras (big, little), lens's, cables, power plugs, computer, spare glasses.

Makes for a heavy bag. LOL

Raina

7 day cruise we pack for the week in two 22” roller and a purse for me - just a choice but works for us. We keep our luggage (have experienced diverted bag that caught up on day 5) with us until the rooms open. We do find a seat out of the way of traffic and park the bags while one of us gets drinks. On longer trips where we check one bag, the carry on has electronics, meds, swimsuits and cover ups, as well as pajamas and a change of clothes.