Dinner at the Grill in Oceanview Cafe on Eclipse

cruisestitch

Just curious about the atmosphere in the cafe? On HAL the tables are set with tablecloths, cutlery, etc.. in the evening, so the only difference is that the meal is "self-serve"...

The atmosphere in the Oceanview Café {Celebrity's version of HAL's Lido] is pleasant and quiet [no crowds at dinner] but is informal... Celebrity does not set the tables in Oceanview with tablecloths or cutlery; it is truly self-serve...

Edited To Add: Sorry cruisestich; your reply popped in while I became preoccupied with a phone call... Hope you are well/happy!

My husband likes his steaks rare so he was very happy to have the option to watch the cook prepare his steak to order in the OceanView. The complete lack of ambiance is a bit of a downer for me....I joke about bringing some of the small battery light votives and a paper tablecloth....

My husband likes his steaks rare so he was very happy to have the option to watch the cook prepare his steak to order in the OceanView. The complete lack of ambiance is a bit of a downer for me....I joke about bringing some of the small battery light votives and a paper tablecloth....

h - that is a great idea! I will do that on our next sailing (if I can get away with it).... maybe if more of us did this, quite possible that X would consider 'up-grading' the evening experience in OVC...

Thank you and bon voyage