A Tale of Two Cruises

CTBob

There were three shows and we never considered the first show that started around 7 PM. We went to the 8:15 PM show once and usually ended up at the 9:30 PM show.

You do need to book the shows (We used the big electronic boards around the ship) and they check you in. 5 minutes before the show they let you in if there are any seats available. The 8:15 PM show sold out quite often.

What time did you have dinner when you were in the Yacht Club. We usually dine early, which would be, I guess, 6PM. Wouldn't the 8:15 show be cutting it close, if what I've read about dinner taking 2 hours is true.

Should we make reservations for 9:15 to be safe?

I think it was fun but it was probably not worth it if in the Yacht Club. However you might want to visit at least one of them, depending on your taste. Bob

ps - I think you can visit them for lunch as well. That might be more worth it.

Thank you very much. I am going back and forth on whether to get the package. Maybe we'll just settle on one for dinner or lunch.

Slightly confused here Bob, you had the meal time package tied in with your Fantastica cabin on week one. How did you get coupons as well? I was under the impression that the meal time and 12 voucher thing were two different promotions tied into Fantastica bookings depending upon when clients booked their cabin.

That was my impression too. I cannot find the mealtime package anywhere and even Ben (who is on the same sailing as we are)was able to get it? Wish we could have gotten that or the 18 drink voucher package they offered on the Divina when we sailed in 2016.

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much for this wonderful review!

Just wanted clarification regarding your comment above on shorts in the YC dining room... does this mean that people were permitted to wear shorts at dinner aside from Elegant Night? Or did you see people wearing shorts at breakfast/lunch only and not at dinner? I know there has been some discussion regarding shorts at dinner on this forum and I'm hoping you could clarify based on your experience.

The were people in shorts for dinner. I don't know what the rules are, I thought you weren't supposed to but it didn't bother me.

Wonderful review, Bob. Many thanks.

DW and I, and two other couples, are travelling in the YC in May. We all like to dance, typically ballroom, but really enjoy everything. This is where Costa really shines and we are hopeful that MSC will also have this angle covered.

You related that young people (we are not in that cohort) seemed to enjoy The Haven. Could you categorize what type of music was played there? Romantic couple dancing? Arm-flailing disco dancing? Any older folks there?

Was there any other dancing other than in The Haven? The Top Sail Lounge seems to have a small dance floor. Did anyone use that?

In the Haven they were doing Salsa and Latin style dancing as well as some disco. They did the Fireball that I had never seen. The arm flailing type.

There was also a dance floor in Piazza Grande and I know they had dance lessons there but I did not see any ballroom style dancing.

I didn't see anyone dancing in the Yacht Club Lounge but I think it would be fine.

What time did you have dinner when you were in the Yacht Club. We usually dine early, which would be, I guess, 6PM. Wouldn't the 8:15 show be cutting it close, if what I've read about dinner taking 2 hours is true.

Should we make reservations for 9:15 to be safe?

We ate at 6:30 PM and could not make it to a show any earlier than the 9:30 PM show.

Hi Bob ... We are headed back to Seaside at the end of April this time in an Aurea B3 balcony at the front, we could have gone back in the same Aft Suite which we believe are the best on the ship even having seen a YC deluxe cabin, but the amount of rolling at the back was just a bit too much so we opted for the D9 forward cabin.

It clearly won't have the same amount of space but being Aurea and Black card we will tuff it out ...:D

Hi Bob ... We are headed back to Seaside at the end of April this time in an Aurea B3 balcony at the front, we could have gone back in the same Aft Suite which we believe are the best on the ship even having seen a YC deluxe cabin, but the amount of rolling at the back was just a bit too much so we opted for the D9 forward cabin.

It clearly won't have the same amount of space but being Aurea and Black card we will tuff it out ...:D

Hi Dave. the ship felt very stable in the front and mid sections. We are trying to decide when to book again. My wife doesn't want January after the lousy weather we had. I'll have to explore cabins and prices but the YC inside is hard to beat. Bob

Hi Bob ... The movement at the back was very noticeable and while I normally drift to sleep when the bed is positioned to go with the roll, I was actually woken up a number of times.

As I said in my review it could be due to the engines being moved forward making the back end lighter, there was two night's where the back end felt as though it was being lifted out of the water.

I guess we got lucky with the weather over Xmas.

. I told my friends, "Don't worry, it's just the Italian way".

Nicely written set of posts. However, you may want to remember that it is "the Italian way" that has given us everything from the Sistine Chapel to Ferrari motor cars to Aragosta Fra Diavola.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nicely written set of posts. However, you may want to remember that it is "the Italian way" that has given us everything from the Sistine Chapel to Ferrari motor cars to Aragosta Fra Diavola.

I'm strongly resisting the urge to add to this! :eek: ;p

Could you give me the name or contact info for the Cozumel food tour?

It's called Cozumel Chef and Chef Emily who was on "Chopped" is great at getting back to you. Also check them out on Trip Advisor. If you decide to go I have one hint. As you leave the terminal and cross over the main road look for an escalator on your left. If you miss that you have to walk all the way to the back for the stairs and then walk all the way back to the street.

I wasn't being disrespectful, obviously I love it or I wouldn't sail with MSC or Costa. It's just different and I say "Go with it!"

ps - I also owned a Fiat 850 and had a ton of fun with that car.

I'm strongly resisting the urge to add to this! :eek: ;p

Let me urge you on...

Film directors like Fellini and Wertmüller

My nona's "Sunday gravy"

Perini Navi yachts

Vivaldi's "Four Seasons"

DiFara's pizza on J Street in Brooklyn

Botticelli

Detective Salvo Montalbano

Bruno Magli shoes

The new Alfa Romeo Stelvio (https://www.alfaromeousa.com/cars/alfaromeo-stelvio?campaignid=10771339&advertiserid=6315033_PPC&KWNM=stelvio&KWID=43700019534693400_google&channel=paidsearch&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyZLSBRDpARIsAH66VQLLKEqnDD8xTh4QPapzHVRe10-BgnAfwyYJ8ttP6zDv-8JAaDjyTIUaAmMNEALw_wcB)

I wasn't being disrespectful, obviously I love it or I wouldn't sail with MSC or Costa. It's just different and I say "Go with it!"

ps - I also owned a Fiat 850 and had a ton of fun with that car.

Ti sto solo strappando la catena.[emoji41]

(Just yankin' your chain).

Hi Bob ... How many formals nights did you have on each of the two weeks ? We are seeing people saying only one now, we had two.
Yes Dave, only one! I didn't find out if that's going to continue or if they will go back to two. Too bad to hear about the rolling at the back, that's usually where I prefer to be.

Hi Bob

I recall you mentioned in one of the posts that you were disappointed with regard to no lobster on formal nights (not complimentary....). How was it on the YC? Was there complimentary lobster on any of the nights, and how was dinner selection?

Hi Bob

I recall you mentioned in one of the posts that you were disappointed with regard to no lobster on formal nights (not complimentary....). How was it on the YC? Was there complimentary lobster on any of the nights, and how was dinner selection?

Yes, lobster tails and everyone had two except me, I'm allergic. Dinner selection was OK, usually good for me.

Thanks Bea, but he is right and I'm not offended. Notice that I did try after he reminded me. Usually when I write I edit over and over until it looks OK but that doesn't work here because you can only edit for a short amount of time and I've been very busy since I returned. And my wife is sick (Just a cold) so I'm also taking care of her. I just returned from fixing the church toilet and now have to go and make my wife tea, so more answers later. Bob

Well, you are very gracious but I was offended for you. Thank you for your valuable review and I think your writing is great.