How to leave Lindquist Beach?

Kesali

I have read posts and tripadvisor reports of how few people go there so I imagine I would not find taxi's hanging around waiting for people to go back. If we pre-arrange with a taxi driver to return for us, will he/she for sure? Has anyone not had their driver return for them, or return very late? How do we call for a taxi?

How have your experiences been with this beach? Is the water as clear and calm as photos seem? Is the water shallow for a ways or no? Is it a gentle descent or a sudden drop? As long as people stay within the marked area, there's no need to worry about current or a riptide?

I did post this in the ports board but did not get any replies, so I cross-posted it here hoping I might hear back from someone. We have not been on a cruise before, so I'm a little worried about going to a quieter beach rather than Magens Bay.

We rented a car and the parking cost $3. But traffic was terrible coming back!! We decided we'd do a taxi for future visits.

But I've read many reports of negotiating a pick up from your cabbie. They are probably pretty reliable...just leave plenty of time to get back. Be sure to walk over to Sapphire Beach which is just around the corner to the south...another gorgeous beach, much more popular and there are taxi's there at the condos.

We found Lindquist enchanting but lots of bugs! Beautiful shells!

This is our go to beach at St. Thomas, been there 3x now. In december we went there (first time post hurricane) the beach itself is amazing, no one there, max 25-50 people. The water got deep pretty fast this time we went. its all sand, but if you wonder away from the swimming area there is a nice reef to snorkel, only if the water is calm. its our favorite beach for sure. I have never ever seen a taxi there waiting for people. i see there is a parking lot, maybe you could rent a car or obviously prearrange a taxi to pick you up. we go through an excursion that royal offers. we do that because they give you a lounger, and drinks. otherwise there is no one to rent anything from or buy drinks from on the beach.

When you leave Lindquist Bay, go out of the Hotel (Emerald Bay Beach Club I think is the name) and there are taxis waiting or they call them. When they are full they depart. It is only minutes back to Crown Bay and $5 roughly per person. No need to rent a car, you’d waste time getting it and returning it.

I've only been to Lindquist Beach once, so it may have been a one off, but the beach was covered in seaweed and there were tons of jellyfish in the water. Yes the water and views are spectacular, but I don't think I'd go back. JMO.

I've only been to Lindquist Beach once, so it may have been a one off, but the beach was covered in seaweed and there were tons of jellyfish in the water. Yes the water and views are spectacular, but I don't think I'd go back. JMO.

I think it was a one thing. We have been three times and never experienced anything like that. The snorkeling was OK from off the shore.

That's good to hear, maybe we'll give it a second chance someday.

Our plan is to return this March for round 4. The Beach Bar at Emerald Bay has a great FB page. We’ve been following the rebuilding picks post Irma.

Our plan is to return this March for round 4. The Beach Bar at Emerald Bay has a great FB page. We’ve been following the rebuilding picks post Irma.

Great info, I'll check it out. We were in St. Maarten a couple weeks ago and the damage there was very visible. They were very happy to have the cruise ships back.

I think the above poster are talking about two different beaches Linquist and Lindbergh.

We walked to Lindbergh Bay which is where the Emerald Beach Resort is (we needed the exercise) last spring break and took one of the open cabs back with the singers and dancers from the Allure. It is a pretty beach. We rented stand up paddle boards and beach chairs. The taxi was $5 per person.

I assume going to Linquist Beach would be the same as what we have done to go to Secret Harbor Beach Resort (our favorite beach) and Sapphire Beach - arrange for your taxi to driver to come back and get you. He or she will probably give you a business card. The first time we went to Secret Harbor, we called the driver and asked him to pick us up later than our pre-arranged time and he was there right when we asked. It was $20 per person from the dock closer to Charlotte Amelie.

When you leave Lindquist Bay, go out of the Hotel (Emerald Bay Beach Club I think is the name) and there are taxis waiting or they call them. When they are full they depart. It is only minutes back to Crown Bay and $5 roughly per person. No need to rent a car, you’d waste time getting it and returning it.

I believe you are referring to Lindbergh bay not Lindquist :) emerald beach is part of Lindbergh bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We rented a car and the parking cost $3. But traffic was terrible coming back!! We decided we'd do a taxi for future visits. But I've read many reports of negotiating a pick up from your cabbie. They are probably pretty reliable...just leave plenty of time to get back. Be sure to walk over to Sapphire Beach which is just around the corner to the south...another gorgeous beach, much more popular and there are taxi's there at the condos.

We found Lindquist enchanting but lots of bugs! Beautiful shells!

Thanks! When I google Sapphire Beach the map shows 3 resorts all around the beach. Did I read that all beaches are free to use regardless of resorts? I've looked at so many reviews, I'm muddled now. (wry grin). Would they allow us to purchase lunch from them?

That would be great. I can't find a nearby hotel/resort. All the way at the end (by Water Bay), there's a Sugar Bay Resort. Is that the one you mean? LOL never mind. I just read the other posts that came while I was replying. Actually, now I remember why Emerald Beach sounds familiar. I believe our friend was asking about going there. An excursion Royal has... one of those water things you stand on and fly around the ocean.. I forget what it's called.

This is our go to beach at St. Thomas, been there 3x now. In december we went there (first time post hurricane) the beach itself is amazing, no one there, max 25-50 people. The water got deep pretty fast this time we went. its all sand, but if you wonder away from the swimming area there is a nice reef to snorkel, only if the water is calm. its our favorite beach for sure. I have never ever seen a taxi there waiting for people. i see there is a parking lot, maybe you could rent a car or obviously prearrange a taxi to pick you up. we go through an excursion that royal offers. we do that because they give you a lounger, and drinks. otherwise there is no one to rent anything from or buy drinks from on the beach.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, Lindquist Beach which I was referring is on the north coast of St. Thomas, about a half hour drive from the port. I went on a ship's excursion (called secret sands or something like that). Can't remember seeing any taxis there but I could be mistaken.

That is not Lindquist...Lindquist is in Smith Bay park just next to Sapphire Beach. Totally other side of the island. You're talking about Lindbergh Bay Beach, totally different place. There are no hotels on Lindquist Beach. We've been to both. If you want people and a great burger at the beach bar then go to Lindbergh Bay. The hotel is called Emerald Beach Resort. If you like secluded and no people go to Lindquist

Lindbergh Bay (Emerald Beach Resort)

242e7q1.jpg

Lindquist Beach:

2ewe83l.jpg

Just parking and some picnic benches, nothing else.

As I said, we went to Emerald Beach in Lindbergh Bay on Allure, just a short 5 minute taxi ride and there is no problem getting a taxi...Lindquist however is much more deserted, no Taxi's. Just a rent a potty also, whereas you can use the facilities on Emerald Beach. The hotel will charge for a lounger, nothing like that at Lindquist. Here is a good You Tube about Lindquist:

And Emeral Beach:

Found these little shells at Lindquist, they are pink, white and tan. Not an abundance of shells but worth looking for.

346l35k.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

I think the above poster are talking about two different beaches Linquist and Lindbergh.

We walked to Lindbergh Bay which is where the Emerald Beach Resort is (we needed the exercise) last spring break and took one of the open cabs back with the singers and dancers from the Allure. It is a pretty beach. We rented stand up paddle boards and beach chairs. The taxi was $5 per person.

I assume going to Linquist Beach would be the same as what we have done to go to Secret Harbor Beach Resort (our favorite beach) and Sapphire Beach - arrange for your taxi to driver to come back and get you. He or she will probably give you a business card. The first time we went to Secret Harbor, we called the driver and asked him to pick us up later than our pre-arranged time and he was there right when we asked. It was $20 per person from the dock closer to Charlotte Amelie.

Thank you. I'm reading tripadvisor reviews for Secret Harbor now. It sounds very nice as well! How does one pick just one beach?!

Oops. I was wondering when someone asked about the shells, as the one Beach I kept referring has none. :D Thanks BecciBoo.

I guess if you are looking for a beach destination near Crown Bay I hope my info helped.

Oops. I was wondering when someone asked about the shells, as the one Beach I kept referring has none. :D Thanks BecciBoo.

I guess if you are looking for a beach destination near Crown Bay I hope my info helped.

LOL - yes it did!

You're welcome, it was confusing to me at first until I mapped it with Google. Then I check YouTube on everything;p

We're in St Thomas again in 2019 this time on Symphany, but this time we're taxiing over to Sapphire and Coki.

We loved the burger at the hotel in Lindbergh, but the water was not as good there as the northern beaches. It had a lovely little park with playground for kids over at Lindbergh though.

You're welcome, it was confusing to me at first until I mapped it with Google. Then I check YouTube on everything;p

We're in St Thomas again in 2019 this time on Symphany, but this time we're taxiing over to Sapphire and Coki.

We loved the burger at the hotel in Lindbergh, but the water was not as good there as the northern beaches. It had a lovely little park with playground for kids over at Lindbergh though.

We loved Coki too. Clear water, great sand and snorkeling beyond belief. The food was also great. The only downfall was the long taxi ride from Crown Bay. Meagan’s Bay is great but after 10 times it too is a long haul.