Once again...RIDICULOUS prices from Celebrity Cruise Lines!

teecee60

It never seems to end! Just how greedy can the those vile, corporate money grubbers get?!?

14 night Reflection 13 April...$879pp (inside) $976pp (OV) $1121pp (balcony) with $50 OBC:)

15 night Eclipse 15 April... $749pp (inside) $1099pp (OV) $1099pp (balcony0 with $175 OBC:D

13 night Silhouette 15 April....$599pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $839pp (balcony) with $150 OBC :eek:

It never seems to end! Just how greedy can the those vile, corporate money grubbers get?!?

14 night Reflection 13 April...$879pp (inside) $976pp (OV) $1121pp (balcony) with $50 OBC:)

15 night Eclipse 15 April... $749pp (inside) $1099pp (OV) $1099pp (balcony0 with $175 OBC:D

13 night Silhouette 15 April....$599pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $839pp (balcony) with $150 OBC :eek:

Believe me when I say...we Aussies would love to see those prices!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are those supposed to be high prices? Those are amazing in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Sarcasm, for sure. These look like last minute bookings pricing. Add in any packages like internet and drinks and watch the price increase by $440 per person for two of the 4 packages.

Shamie shamie just about had enough with those greedy TA vile basturds getting away with that kind of ........ :evilsmile:

Believe me when I say...we Aussies would love to see those prices!

I’m sorry to read this. Is the difference due to exchange rate? Or higher taxes? You realize the prices posted were fares only, right? In the US fares are quoted sans taxes/fees, but those are certainly added to our total cost.

I’m sorry to read this. Is the difference due to exchange rate? Or higher taxes? You realize the prices posted were fares only, right? In the US fares are quoted sans taxes/fees, but those are certainly added to our total cost.

At least one difference would be the gratuities -- they would not be included in these fares (as they are for Australians). Add $14.50 per person/per day or $203 pp for the 14 night.

Absolutely shocking.

I have just done a costing for a 14 day cruise out of Sydney Australia on 3 February which includes $300 OBC and Classic drinks package for Oceanview and above. Costings converted to $US

Guaranteed Verandah $3895

Guaranteed Ocean view $3261.50

Guaranteed Inside $1736.00

Don't complain to me how hard done by Americans are on Celebrity.

Removal of both perks is $600 per person

Absolutely shocking.

I have just done a costing for a 14 day cruise out of Sydney Australia on 3 February which includes $300 OBC and Classic drinks package for Oceanview and above. Costings converted to $US

1. The OP was joking...obviously so from the emojis used.

2. The OP posted TA prices for sailings in April. These have no perks unless given by travel agent. And they don’t include taxes, fees, gratuities.

DW and I can't wait until we are in a position to take advantage of last minute pricing like this. We can see the tunnel but not the light at the other end. Can't wait to say, "Hey honey! Look at these prices on Silly to the ABCs next month! Start packin!" :cool:

from my own research, last minute pricing isn't such a great deal.

yes, you might, and might is the word, be able to score a specific cabin for a reduced rate. however, usually bonus packages are excluded and cost substantially more to add on a late booking.

additionally, i've seen anytime dining as unavailable and the 630 dining time too. so you'll be stuck with the 830 slot. that might or might not be a dealbreaker for some.

also on late bookings, cabin selection is poor. again, fi you're willing to sail in any cabin then this is a non-issue for last minute sales (no pun intended).

my own math shows that booking in advance on a promo rate costs around $200 more per person on the cabin fare BUT you also pick up substantial benefits as in packages, dining time and cabin/location selection.

we've moved to making and having multiple reservations in play at any given time and as our plans become more clear, we add and drop reservations. we get the benefits of good rpcing, price protection, perks, cabin selection and dining time preferences.

to each their own. i just wanted to share my own observations and research.

happy cruising to all!!! :cool::ship:(y)

Absolutely shocking.

Out of curiosity, I just did a dummy booking (on the US site) for a veranda guarantee on the 3 February cruise from Sydney, for which I'd receive 2 perks.

Veranda Guarantee $2399 pp + $233.04 pp taxes & port fees = $2632.04 pp x 2 person = $5264.08 (not including gratuities)

Hey! You're talking about thirteen, fourteen and fifteen night cruises. You are kidding, right? These prices are reasonable for that length of cruise.

from my own research, last minute pricing isn't such a great deal.

yes, you might, and might is the word, be able to score a specific cabin for a reduced rate. however, usually bonus packages are excluded and cost substantially more to add on a late booking.

additionally, i've seen anytime dining as unavailable and the 630 dining time too. so you'll be stuck with the 830 slot. that might or might not be a dealbreaker for some.

also on late bookings, cabin selection is poor. again, fi you're willing to sail in any cabin then this is a non-issue for last minute sales (no pun intended).

my own math shows that booking in advance on a promo rate costs around $200 more per person on the cabin fare BUT you also pick up substantial benefits as in packages, dining time and cabin/location selection.

we've moved to making and having multiple reservations in play at any given time and as our plans become more clear, we add and drop reservations. we get the benefits of good rpcing, price protection, perks, cabin selection and dining time preferences.

to each their own. i just wanted to share my own observations and research.

happy cruising to all!!! :cool::ship:(y)

Thanks. A couple of those might be issues for us, others not. Usually we book a year in advance to get a cabin location we like. But if we're in the position to just up and go then we either get a last minute deal we like or we stay home. :D

Add Connie's Repo from Abu Dhabi to Rome April 22nd to your list of "outrageous" :halo: prices.$699, $799 & $1199

OK...FINE... I WILL! (and thanks for the info!)

Don't cha jus love some of the glass half empty posts?!

14 night Reflection 13 April...$879pp (inside) $976pp (OV) $1121pp (balcony) w/ $50 OBC :)

15 night Eclipse 15 April... $749pp (inside) $1099pp (OV) $1099pp (balcony) w/ $175 OBC :D

13 night Silhouette 15 April....$599pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $839pp (balcony) w/ $150 OBC :eek:

15 night Constellation 22 Apr...$674pp (inside) $774pp (OV) $1174pp (balcony) w/ $100 OBC

Edited by teecee60

I just checked the Connie price from Abu Dhabi...for Aussies to book this the cheapest inside is $1017US sans taxes.

We also don’t have the same cancellation policies that US cruisers have, not sure why.