Miami Beach for the afternoon pre cruise

Emmabelle

Hello,

We are cruising on DCL on May 9th, but fly in the day before into MIA at 11am. I was thinking of staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites/ Brickell.

I'd love to go spend the afternoon at the beach. What's the best way to do that since we'll have our luggage with us and we weren't planning on renting a car.

Are you actually going to the beach or just want to sightsee? One of the most famous bars is the Clevelander. You can start there and move on. There is a lot to see, there is a hop on hop off bus you can take. Or if you are just going to the beach then you can access it a lot of places starting at Ocean and 5th.

I was wondering where I would have an Uber drop us off? Miami Beach is a big place! :D I haven’t been to the beach there since I was 13. Haha

We like to first go to South Beach. We would have them drop us off at the beginning of Ocean Drive by the Art Deco Hotels. From there you just walk north with the hotels on the left side (restaurants too) and the beach on the right side.

Keith

Whether you want to just see Ocean Drive the beach and the buildings or you want to actually go into the water I would tell the Uber to take you to 5th and Ocean Drive.

But remember, Ocean Drive is like Miami's Time Square, its touristy and while famous, with great buildings and a great beach, the options to drink and eat are not the best Miami has. Its actually some of the worst Miami has. You should go ahead and see it, but just keep that in mind. South of 5th street or a bit more north in Miami Beach there are better options for things locals actually enjoy too.

Have fun in Miami.

Why not stay in South Beach? The hotels, even the moderate ones tend to have really luxurious amenities.

I like Hotwire for Miami Beach.

Also, the hotel will take your bags then let you use their amenities for the day while your room is getting ready.

Spend the day on the beach, at the pool, or sight see, head back to the hotel and clean up, then head out for an amazing dinner and people watching.

You do not need a car in South Beach.

I actually have a reservation with the Palms Hotel but i’m not sure if I’ll keep it because if the plane gets delayed or whatnot, it would probably be a waste. I’ve also read that the Brickell area is good to walk around?

I actually have a reservation with the Palms Hotel but i’m not sure if I’ll keep it because if the plane gets delayed or whatnot, it would probably be a waste. I’ve also read that the Brickell area is good to walk around?

It wouldn't be a waste even if the plane was delayed.

Brickell is beautiful at night but the beach area is nicer. The beach area is also more compact for dining, shopping, and attractions.

maybe I'll just keep The Palms then? It's a $100 more than the Hampton a night. Not that it would break the bank, but it would annoy me to spend the extra money if we just ended up basically sleeping there. We're not exactly night owls or bar hoppers. lol . I also read a review of The Palms where a person said there were no loungers left on the beach or pool area when they got there. If I'm spending over $300 a night, I don't want to have to sit my butt down in the sand. haha

maybe I'll just keep The Palms then? It's a $100 more than the Hampton a night. Not that it would break the bank, but it would annoy me to spend the extra money if we just ended up basically sleeping there. We're not exactly night owls or bar hoppers. lol . I also read a review of The Palms where a person said there were no loungers left on the beach or pool area when they got there. If I'm spending over $300 a night, I don't want to have to sit my butt down in the sand. haha

May isn't high season so the beach (and the hotel too) should be much less crowded than it is in the winter.

Why not stay in South Beach? The hotels, even the moderate ones tend to have really luxurious amenities.

I like Hotwire for Miami Beach.

Also, the hotel will take your bags then let you use their amenities for the day while your room is getting ready.

Spend the day on the beach, at the pool, or sight see, head back to the hotel and clean up, then head out for an amazing dinner and people watching.

You do not need a car in South Beach.

Great idea!