In your Opinion: One thing that could be done to improve the MDR

LMaxwell

If there was more room between tables, many cruisers would not be able to eat in MDR. It is way to crowded and to noisy for my eating enjoyment. Some ships do not have Specialty restaurants thus forcing us to eat in MDR. I would gladly pay and give up my table/seat in MDR if Specialty restaurants were available on their smaller ships. We did eat in Windjammer one evening on recent Majesty cruise. The food was just as bad as the food in MDR. I know I have eaten better food in the school cafeteria in every school I taught in over a 30 year career. We did enjoy the Specialty restaurants on Oasis and Brilliance but as you all know the only choice on Majesty is Johnny Rockets. We enjoyed our two trips there for lunch.

In your opinion, what is just one thing you think could be done to improve the MDR?

Increasing service staff to have that "unrushed" style of service would be an improvement.

How do you feel? What is something that could be changed or added that would improve YOUR experience?

Golly just serve thr gosh darned food hot- not cold or lukewarm!

Lets see... More wait staff, those that chose to come later than 15 minutes should be informed to go to Windjammer (it seriously messes up the entire table. RUDE), appropriate attire- (no jeans, shorts, wife beaters, ball caps) no hard bread, and like many have stated the desserts look good but not always good but I do think that is more at Windjammer..... IMO :)

I just think the quality of the food has degenerated over the years. And I do not care for the selections on almost every night. We've been on 7 day cruises where we never stepped foot in the dining room, eating at Johnny Rocket's or Cafe Promenade.

You eat dinner at the Cafe. Really. You must really like little sandwiches. And you pay to eat at JR's.I don't mind a burger there once during the week but I don't want to go there any more than that.Especially at the new costs.

The main dining room is too noisy.

The main dining room is too crowded.

A more upscale and enforced dress code for Traditional.

A more relaxed dress code for MTD.

I agree with these except for the relaxed dress code for MTD. I really like MTD, but we are still in the dining room and not the Windjammer. The MTD dress code shouldn't be any different. If I feel like wearing shorts or not adhering to the dress code that's when we will eat in the Windjammer.

Maybe if they had set times for MTD of every 30 minutes the service would be better. It still wouldn't be just the 2 set times like the traditional dining.

Put the value and quality in the MDR food that you had back in the 90's It was of much better taste and variety

Interesting thread.....

An overwhelming majority vote for more wait staff!. Where do their wages come from?

2nd comes greater quality food. Where does the extra $ come from in order to purchase better food?

There have been a couple of comments regarding "inflation adjusted" pricing and this one quoted above.....

Well,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2474835

"$100in 1986 is now worth $220.89"

Is everyone here willing to increase their cruise fare by this amount? Many do exactly that by sailing Oceania and Azamara for example, and they have zero of the problems being discussed on this thread.