Mega SEASIDE Pictures Link - 626 photos!

eroller

Eroller - do you recall where the front door of your inside YIN is facing? We are cruising with families, with DH and I staying in 16031 (cabin next to yours) , and other family members staying in the YC Balcony 16018. Just wondering if our cabin door is facing theirs so we can walk directly across.

Also, on sea days, does YC provide lunch in their YC dining room, or the outside YC grill?

Is there really grilled lobster available at the grill every other day?

Thank so much!

Of course it comes down to what your budget will allow. Given the choice of course I would take the YC balcony, just for the larger space, more storage, and natural light and fresh air. I personally find I don't use the balcony that often but it's still nice to have it there. I tend to prefer to sit out on the pool deck more than sit on the balcony. Just me. Either way, and whatever you decide, you will enjoy all the services and upgraded amenities of the YC. It's a great experience regardless of cabin type.

Is the inside YC really as narrow as it appears in pictures?

Eroller - do you recall where the front door of your inside YIN is facing? We are cruising with families, with DH and I staying in 16031 (cabin next to yours) , and other family members staying in the YC Balcony 16018. Just wondering if our cabin door is facing theirs so we can walk directly across.

Also, on sea days, does YC provide lunch in their YC dining room, or the outside YC grill?

Is there really grilled lobster available at the grill every other day?

Thank so much!

Opposite side I'm afraid but it will be so quick to visit them. There is a cross over near your cabin that will make it easy.

There is lunch available in the dining room always, port or sea day. Also in the YC Grill outside so long as it's weather permitting. Yes there is grilled lobster at the grill. I'm not sure how often but I saw it there at least a couple times. We actually ate in the dining room more often. Our friends are more formal and prefer being served over buffet style, and they are not big pool/sun people. I don't mind grabbing a quick bite by the pool, but it was nice to enjoy a sit down lunch with them. One thing that was a little frustrating is if you wanted a simple burger, which you think would be at the grill it wasn't. You had to go to the dining room. Figure that one out! LOL

Is the inside YC really as narrow as it appears in pictures?

Yes it is narrow. There is more room when the beds are separated. When they are together the space on either side is tight. The bed and bedding though is top notch. Absolutely awesome to sleep on.

The YC interior does have a lot of floor space. Enough that there should be a couch or at the very least two chairs to go with the table. Plenty of space for it. There is room for lots more storage too but it just doesn't exist. I enjoyed the cabin and loved the Yacht Club, but other ships definitely have better designed cabins and even the bathroom. Still nothing that ruined my cruise or would prevent me from returning.

Yes it is narrow. There is more room when the beds are separated. When they are together the space on either side is tight. The bed and bedding though is top notch. Absolutely awesome to sleep on.

The YC interior does have a lot of floor space. Enough that there should be a couch or at the very least two chairs to go with the table. Plenty of space for it. There is room for lots more storage too but it just doesn't exist. I enjoyed the cabin and loved the Yacht Club, but other ships definitely have better designed cabins and even the bathroom. Still nothing that ruined my cruise or would prevent me from returning.

Thank you for the info. For now I will stay in 16016 YC balcony. When I’m on the Seaside I will try & look into an inside.

Enroller,

Just wondering if you were in any way compensated for your cruise by MSC? Seems odd the number of photos that don't include other passengers and your glowing review of what I experienced as a substandard week onboard Seaside voyage 1/27/18.

Enroller,

Just wondering if you were in any way compensated for your cruise by MSC? Seems odd the number of photos that don't include other passengers and your glowing review of what I experienced as a substandard week onboard Seaside voyage 1/27/18.

No. I paid for my cruise full fare just like any other passenger. In fact I booked it over a year ago which I rarely do. I have absolutely no affiliation with MSC or any other cruise line. If you look at any of my photo albums (and there are a lot of them as I have sailed over 120 times) all my ship pics are generally without passengers. I purposely do this and have discovered the best timing for documenting the ship in pics. My interest is in the ship. The general arrangement, the design, the details, etc. Not the fellow passengers.

As for my "glowing review" I haven't even written it yet, but it's forthcoming. It's unfortunate you experienced a substandard week onboard. I did not. We all have different perceptions and expectations. Mine with Seaside were absolutely met, especially for what I paid.

Are there suggestions for what to bring for adding storage in this cabin? Seems there is not shelving or drawer storage or did I miss it ? Looks like I’ll be keeping miscellaneous stuff in a suitcase!

Are there suggestions for what to bring for adding storage in this cabin? Seems there is not shelving or drawer storage or did I miss it ? Looks like I’ll be keeping miscellaneous stuff in a suitcase!

Yes using a suitcase under the bed for misc stuff is a great idea. We kept most of our shoes lined up under there as well, plus an empty bag under the bed for dirty clothes. Space is very limited. Lots of hanging space and plenty of really nice hangers, but very little in the way of shelves or drawers, or even little cubby holes to place things like so many other lines have. They simply don't exist on Seaside.

Enroller,

This is probably the funniest thing I have read on here all week. Seriously? You are going to accuse someone of conspiring with the cruise line because they took pictures and didn't have a negative review? Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else did. In fact, I would imagine that you were in the minority. I know that misery loves company, but to publicly call someone out for taking amazing pictures is really a new low here. Anyway, thank you for the wonderful pictures. We cannot wait to sail on the Seaside in March!

@eroller may I ask,

Hallway to the last yc balcony, direction Magradome is a closed wall or glass framed, or open?

Definitely no access and no window. There might be a door but it would be for crew only, although to be honestly I think it's just a dead end wall at the end of the hall.

To access the Jungle pool you would need to enter through either the port or starboard side elevator foyers. That is where the entry doors are.

There are glass sliding doors to enter the Yacht Club in front of cabins 18041 and 18034. They open automatically if you're inside the YC, or with the key card if you're out on the foyer.

This is probably the funniest thing I have read on here all week. Seriously? You are going to accuse someone of conspiring with the cruise line because they took pictures and didn't have a negative review? Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else did. In fact, I would imagine that you were in the minority. I know that misery loves company, but to publicly call someone out for taking amazing pictures is really a new low here. Anyway, thank you for the wonderful pictures. We cannot wait to sail on the Seaside in March!

Thank you! I'm glad someone else found this odd too. Somehow in their mind if you enjoyed yourself or liked Seaside you must be affiliated with the cruise line. Not the case. As you say, misery does love company.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

No. I paid for my cruise full fare just like any other passenger. In fact I booked it over a year ago which I rarely do. I have absolutely no affiliation with MSC or any other cruise line. If you look at any of my photo albums (and there are a lot of them as I have sailed over 120 times) all my ship pics are generally without passengers. I purposely do this and have discovered the best timing for documenting the ship in pics. My interest is in the ship. The general arrangement, the design, the details, etc. Not the fellow passengers.

As for my "glowing review" I haven't even written it yet, but it's forthcoming. It's unfortunate you experienced a substandard week onboard. I did not. We all have different perceptions and expectations. Mine with Seaside were absolutely met, especially for what I paid.

Appreciate your answer and the honest opinion you have of your experience. I had seen other albums of yours and know some of the cruiselines do comp passengers that they would like to have feedback from. I do wish we had the same feeling post cruise as you do but it was not our experience. Happy sails to you.

Thank you very much for sharing very nice photos from the MSC Seaside. The ship looks stunning and the interior details are impressive. I also like the different colors around the ship. We sailed in YC on the maiden voyage on the MSC Meraviglia in June 2017 and she is totally different than the Seaside Class. We are booked on the MSC Seaview in July and it will be very interesting to see if there are any differences compared to the MSC Seaview.

I have noticed that MSC have reduced the number of lounges with live music compared to the Fantasia and Musica Class on both the Seaside and Meraviglia classes. On the Meraviglia I had a very interesting talk to the YC Manager and he said, both the Meraviglia and Seaside are prototypes and the later ships in the classes will be better and better:).

On the Meraviglia I had a very interesting talk to the YC Manager and he said, both the Meraviglia and Seaside are prototypes and the later ships in the classes will be better and better:).

I hope so too! I would love more storage added to the cabins which I think would be an easy fix.

Thanks everyone for the great comments. Much appreciated! I'm so glad people are enjoying the photo spread. I try to do something like this for every new ship that I've sailed, and I'm getting quite a collection. I'm think I'm up to about 140 albums and over 20,000 photos. Certainly not all my cruises but many.

My full collection is at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27450992@N06/sets/

You might find some other ships you're interested in.

I wanted to ask about the outside movies. I saw that they play a different movie almost every night. Looking at the pictures it doesnt appear that there is any room for lounge chairs facing the big screan. Was it as impracticle as it looks?