Our Reflection experience

HookedonSXM

We embarked on Reflection out of Fort Lauderdale on January 29. This was our fourth cruise, but the first one in 5 years. All previous cruises were also on Celebrity ships. It was our first time on Reflection. The ship was beautiful, and service, as we have always found,

was excellent.

On the morning Friday morning ( February 2 ) we received a message that my husbands father had taken a turn for the worst and had perhaps only hours to live. We immediately decided to get off of the ship ( we were in Colon Panama).

Here is where the truly amazing customer service of Celebrity shone through. They helped us in any and every way possible. From helping us find, select, book and check in for flights, to arranging transportation to the airport in Panama City, making appropriate arrangements with Panama customs, finding the off duty photo manager so I could collect any photos we had taken, they even offered to help us pack. They credited us for unused beverage package days, pro rated our wifi package, credited unused specialty dining packages. They truly went above and beyond any expectation we had of how they would be able to help.

We were so impressed with the level of service and compassion extended to us by Celebrity that day, I can't imagine ever sailing with another cruise line.

We are currently in the whirlwind of family and a funeral. Once all of that has been dealt with I will write a letter to Celebrity thanking them and some specific crew members for their caring compassion and excellent service.

I pray that none of you ever need such help from Celebrity, but know that if you do, they will help you in any way possible.

First, I want to express condolences for your loss and prayers for you and your family in this difficult time. Thank you for taking the time at this most difficult time in your life to share this story. Often, folks share their slights and disappointments readily and forget to express the things that happen for which they are grateful. I'm glad to hear that the staff was there for you and your family and were able to smooth the way for your return home in such a caring and compassionate way. It was incredibly kind of you to express your thanks and appreciation at this time in your life.

I am so glad to hear Celebrity was able to help you manage such an incredibly difficult and challenging time. It sounds like they truly thought of every detail. So sorry for your loss- I hope you were able to get home in time. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So sorry for your loss. That had to be difficult. But, thank you for your post about the assistance you received from Celebrity. Too often people rush to post the bad things. So good to know that they were of great assistance with the sudden change in your plans.

HOOKEDON - Just for info....did you have the Celebrity insurance or 3rd party?

I've always wondered if you might be treated better if you have Celebrity's.

We usually take other insurance as we want higher medical/evac coverage.

Hope we'd get the same wonderful treatment from the cruiseline to the extent possible.

Of course, it's always more expensive because of our age.

HOOKEDON - Just for info....did you have the Celebrity insurance or 3rd party?

I've always wondered if you might be treated better if you have Celebrity's.

We usually take other insurance as we want higher medical/evac coverage.

Hope we'd get the same wonderful treatment from the cruiseline to the extent possible.

Of course, it's always more expensive because of our age.

Hello BridgeMates,

We had 3rd party travel trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance which we purchased through our travel agent. This will be the first time we have had to make a claim. With 7 days left in the cruise, our last minute, one way airline tickets home from Panama ($2700), a hotel room in Toronto for a few hours en route home, and other miscellaneous expenses which should be covered it will be a rather large claim.

Even without insurance we would have done exactly the same thing, It's one of those things you hope you never have to use, but nice to have when something like this happens.

To answer your question, no not Celebrity insurance, just a third party.

Beth

Good morning, my heartfelt condolences and also, glad they stepped up for you. I had an experience (not the exact same) but in 2011 my Dad passed away 4 days before I was supposed to cruise on SUMMIT.....the Celebrity rep was awesome and they gave me a credit to use for a cruise within 12 months of that sailing.

Glad they were able to help you in such a stressful time.

Hello BridgeMates,

We had 3rd party travel trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance which we purchased through our travel agent. This will be the first time we have had to make a claim. With 7 days left in the cruise, our last minute, one way airline tickets home from Panama ($2700), a hotel room in Toronto for a few hours en route home, and other miscellaneous expenses which should be covered it will be a rather large claim.

Even without insurance we would have done exactly the same thing, It's one of those things you hope you never have to use, but nice to have when something like this happens.

Beth

My condolences to you and your family. Yes, this is always something one hopes will never happen, but when it does the help and courtesy of others is something that everyone needs. It is reassuring to hear that Celebrity was there for you during this sad time. Thanks for sharing, as this is always my fear when we travel.

Hello BridgeMates,

Beth

Thank you for the quick response Beth. Our best to you.