2 porters refused me yellow boarding tags

crusinpsychRN

I would definitely let Carnival Customer Care department know of this. Unfortunately will not change your experience this time, but hopefully will not happen in the future to you, or anyone else who gets luggage delivery priority.

Curious: What is the significance of the yellow luggage (or whatever color) tag? Should such receive priority handling in delivery?

Those that have priority boarding, such as Platinum, Diamond and FTTF are supposed to get orange (not yellow) Priority tags put on their luggage by the porters at the cruise terminal. Baggage with the Priority tags are supposed to be delivered to the cabins before those with general boarding. It's important to ask the porter to put the Priority tags on your luggage (if you qualify) as you hand them to him and before you tip him.

Aren’t the ones the porters hand write out for those that don’t have tags such as guarantee cabins if they don’t know their number, or if they didn’t print them out a yellowish color? If OP asked for “Yellow tags” and already had theirs affixed to their suitcases, then the porter’s response would be correct. They should have been asking for “Orange” tags if they had FTTF or were Diamond or Platinum.

Wait...I have to *ask* for this??

I just made platinum, and my tags say priority. Do I still have to request a special additional tag at luggage drop-off?

Thanks,

Not everyone (including myself) prints their luggage tags in color. The tags are a way for them to differentiate priority luggage.

Not everyone (including myself) prints their luggage tags in color. The tags are a way for them to differentiate priority luggage.

The color on the tags have nothing to do with Priority status but are rather colored coded by deck. No matter what color your tags are you still need to ask for the additional orange sticker. Deck 6 on Conquest Class ships are orange. That doesn’t mean they have Priority luggage delivery.

The color on the tags have nothing to do with Priority status but are rather colored coded by deck. No matter what color your tags are you still need to ask for the additional orange sticker. Deck 6 on Conquest Class ships are orange. That doesn’t mean they have Priority luggage delivery.

I know... I'm talking about the priority sticker, not the actual color of the luggage tag if you were to print them in color.

(I think we're on the same page here)

In the 2 times we've had FTTF, once the porters put orange tags on in addition to the tags we printed, and the next time they said no additional tags were needed since the printed tags already say FTTF (or Priority) on them. Nether time were our bags delivered with any special speed. We got them around Muster just like everyone else in our hallway.

I know... I'm talking about the priority sticker, not the actual color of the luggage tag if you were to print them in color.

(I think we're on the same page here)

OK. But it doesn’t matter if the tags are printed in color because even when you do, it’s not a different color for Priority/Non Priority. So either way, the main thing they look for when sorting the bags is the bright orange sticker.

" Some people don't get their luggage at all"

Oh please

We are Platinum and of course we print our luggage tags in color. We always give the porter a generous tip, don't know if it helps, but it can't hurt. The Priority is bright red. Since we have been Platinum we have always received our luggage in a timely fashion.

"Some people don't get their luggage at all"

Oh please

We are Platinum and of course we print our luggage tags in color. We always give the porter a generous tip, don't know if it helps, but it can't hurt. The Priority is bright red. Since we have been Platinum we have always received our luggage in a timely fashion.

It's true, some don't Every cruise there is a flyer passed out of someone's bag that is missing. The repeat flyer after a few days says it wasn't just temporarily misplaced. I avoid the whole situation by carrying my own on.

You should still request an orange tag. That is what they mainly look for when sorting the bags. My mom had FTTF once and didn't receive her bags until right before Muster. They were printed in color and in all the confusion she forgot to ask for the sticker. Lesson learned.

FBW, this must be a very rare occurrence as the baggage is right there. So, someone left luggage outside and it did not make the ship?

No idea where it gets lost at. Somewhere between the porters and delivery. Have had it happen each cruise and normally it's a black "average looking" suitcase. They print the description along with a stock photo of a similar looking suitcase. I can show you one of the fliers if you want.

OK. But it doesn’t matter if the tags are printed in color because even when you do, it’s not a different color for Priority/Non Priority. So either way, the main thing they look for when sorting the bags is the bright orange sticker.

ummmm, that's what I said. :cool: lol

now I'm confused, you just push the B&W button on the printer. Anything I print automatically prints in color unless you take extra steps in print preferences. I hope it's not about using color ink.

Nothing to be confused about. You can print your tags in color or B&W. Either way, if you have Priority luggage delivery, you need to make sure the Porters put an orange Priority sticker on it if you want it to get to you early. Makes ZERO difference what color (or lack of color) your tags are.