Which Cruise Line Next?

Fsugirl11781

Hubby and I have been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises (Oasis Allure, Enchantment). We are taking our kids on Disney this fall. My question is, I am looking to book another cruise for just hubby and I. We are not necessarily, a Loyal to Royal. We'd like to experience other cruise lines.

Which cruise line would you recommend we look into to fit our needs? No kids, relaxation, to getaway from crazy life with kids! Probably a 7 day, but open to suggestions. I wouldn't pay much more than $3,000 for 2, so nothing crazy expensive. Also, if you have a specific ship, let me know!

We live in Florida, so any Florida port works for us.

Thanks for your ideas!

I recommend Celebrity. More specifically, I recommend a Solstice Class ship. Of the more upscale mainstream lines (Celebrity, Princess, HAL), I think Celebrity is best. The design/decor is modern/contemporary, entertainment is still good, and the atmosphere is perfect for couples.

If the prices fall within budget (most likely they won't), you might also consider a more premium line like Oceania or Azamara.

I agree that Celebrity would be a good choice. Celebrity is also owned by RC and does have reciprocal loyalty benefits.

Realizing you are open to different cruise lines, but you might also want to consider a Radiance class cruise on RC. Would be very different from the Oasis class. Serenade was doing slightly longer cruises to the southern Carinbbean which would a change.

I recommend Celebrity. More specifically, I recommend a Solstice Class ship. Of the more upscale mainstream lines (Celebrity, Princess, HAL), I think Celebrity is best. The design/decor is modern/contemporary, entertainment is still good, and the atmosphere is perfect for couples.

If the prices fall within budget (most likely they won't), you might also consider a more premium line like Oceania or Azamara.

If OP takes the air credit instead or air tix, she could get some short Caribbean itineraries on Oceania for $1500+/- per person. Of course, that fare would include unlimited internet, beverages, all specialty restaurants and a choice of alcohol, excursions or OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would highly recommend Princess--particularly the Royal or Regal. I've been on Celebrity quite a bit, as well as RCI and HAL, and prefer Princess for its overall experience. The ships are gracious, it's laid back and the food is better than any of the other mass market lines. And if you can get a mini-suite, which on some trips costs barely more than a balcony, you'll get an even better experience.

Of course, it's all a matter of taste and the more research you do, the better. - Musing About Cruising