Move Over Offer

releck97

My DW and I are traveling with another couple on the Crown on Feb. 18. Our accounts are linked. They got a move over offer today and we did not. Does anyone have any recommendations for negotiating it for both reservations? Thanks!

If you are in the same category or type of cabin, you can ask.

There was a time when I had a balcony and a friend had an outside cabin. I got the move over offer and my friend did not. We asked but they only needed balcony cabins.

We both have the same category. Thanks.

If you are interested in taking it, speak with your friends. I would then both call at the same time (friends can leave a message saying they didn't get it but friends did and they are in the same category as friends XYZ). When they call you back, tell them you will only take it if your friends are offered it also.

If you have an agent - they may have more pull and know who to call and negotiate for both of you.

If you are interested in taking it, speak with your friends. I would then both call at the same time (friends can leave a message saying they didn't get it but friends did and they are in the same category as friends XYZ). When they call you back, tell them you will only take it if your friends are offered it also.

If you have an agent - they may have more pull and know who to call and negotiate for both of you.

Yeah, I was thinking we would conference call with Princess. Thanks.

My DW and I are traveling with another couple on the Crown on Feb. 18. Our accounts are linked. They got a move over offer today and we did not. Does anyone have any recommendations for negotiating it for both reservations? Thanks!

Can I ask what kind of cabin you are in for this sailing?

Good luck! We recently accepted one and were very clear when we left the message that we only wanted to accept if they "moved-over" our friends as well. Our friends left the same message right after our's. You don't want to be in a situation where one is accepted and the other isn't. Hoping you got something good, there have been quite a few of these offers made lately!

Good luck! We recently accepted one and were very clear when we left the message that we only wanted to accept if they "moved-over" our friends as well. Our friends left the same message right after our's. You don't want to be in a situation where one is accepted and the other isn't. Hoping you got something good, there have been quite a few of these offers made lately!

Did they call you back and speak with you prior to actually "moving you over"?

Did they call you back and speak with you prior to actually "moving you over"?

Yes, they actually go through a script with you to make sure you understand what you are agreeing to. I know some folks from our roll call who declined the initial offer accepted a slightly better offer a week after we accepted our offer. One group apparently told Princess that they might accept if the offer was sweetened and it apparently was but the person never did share where it ended up. So it seems that there is room to negotiate depending on how oversold the ship is, but if they get others to bite, you might miss out by holding out for an even greater offer.

Yes, they actually go through a script with you to make sure you understand what you are agreeing to. I know some folks from our roll call who declined the initial offer accepted a slightly better offer a week after we accepted our offer. One group apparently told Princess that they might accept if the offer was sweetened and it apparently was but the person never did share where it ended up. So it seems that there is room to negotiate depending on how oversold the ship is, but if they get others to bite, you might miss out by holding out for an even greater offer.

My experience is that any time they want something from you, there is at least some room for negotiation. And I would suggest that you make them spell it out very clearly, especially if you aren't ready to re-book at that moment. For instance, you usually get an upgrade on the cabin. Be sure that you say, "So I am in a balcony cabin now. That means that I'm going to get a mini suite with a balcony on my new booking, right?" Make it clear unless you are willing to settle for a balcony cabin in a supposedly better location on the ship.

Don't be afraid to ask for what you want, particularly if you are rebooking at the time. In my case, I was making it a B2B and my "demand" was that we be in the same cabin for the entire stay. Not a big deal, and they were able to work it out. They offered me what they called a "better" cabin. I asked HOW it was better and the guy admitted that he didn't know but it sold for a little more. I suggested that from what I could tell it was the same cabin 2 decks higher, and it was more important to me that I didn't have to move since I was creating a B2B and the other leg was already planned and paid.

Take notes on what they are promising and read it back to them before you hang up.

Things to be clear on--if you have EZ Air, they say the air will be "covered." Does this mean that they will be paying the entire airfare for your new cruise? What if that air costs less than what you paid for this EZ Air? Or does it mean that they will apply what you paid this time toward EZ Air on the next trip. The taxes and government fees--if they were $300 on this cruise and $225 on the next cruise, will you get the $75 refunded or will they just roll it all into their pile of money. If you booked your own air, they often offer $100 toward change fees. I've already looked; due to the price of flights, if I have to make a change, our change fees will be $600. Is there any wiggle room there? If you choose to book a cruise that has perks due to a sale, will you get the perks that are in effect at the time you book. I do know that if you have perks associated with the cruise they are buying out, they will offer to move those perks to the new booking, but I don't know what they'd do if you don't have any perks. In my deal, they took all the OBC and made it "refundable," including things that are not normally refundable (like FCC and shareholder credit).

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally happy with what happened when they bought out my cabin. But I am that person who wants to know everything in detail. And move over offers differ each time.

Edited by moki'smommy

My experience is that any time they want something from you' date=' there is at least some room for negotiation. And I would suggest that you make them spell it out very clearly, especially if you aren't ready to re-book at that moment. For instance, you usually get an upgrade on the cabin. Be sure that you say, "So I am in a balcony cabin now. That means that I'm going to get a mini suite with a balcony on my new booking, right?" Make it clear unless you are willing to settle for a balcony cabin in a supposedly better location on the ship.

Don't be afraid to ask for what you want, particularly if you are rebooking at the time. In my case, I was making it a B2B and my "demand" was that we be in the same cabin for the entire stay. Not a big deal, and they were able to work it out.

Take notes on what they are promising and read it back to them before you hang up.

Things to be clear on--if you have EZ Air, they say the air will be "covered." Does this mean that they will be paying the entire airfare for your new cruise? What if that air costs less than what you paid for this EZ Air? Or does it mean that they will apply what you paid this time toward EZ Air on the next trip. The taxes and government fees--if they were $300 on this cruise and $225 on the next cruise, will you get the $75 refunded or will they just roll it all into their pile of money. If you booked your own air, they often offer $100 toward change fees. I've already looked; due to the price of flights, if I have to make a change, our change fees will be $600. Is there any wiggle room there? If you choose to book a cruise that has perks due to a sale, will you get the perks that are in effect at the time you book. I do know that if you have perks associated with the cruise they are buying out, they will offer to move those perks to the new booking, but I don't know what they'd do if you don't have any perks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally happy with what happened when they bought out my cabin. But I am that person who wants to know everything in detail. And move over offers differ each time.[/quote']

So true! While I was waiting for my callback I made a list of questions to ensure that I understood every aspect of the offer. My offer had the language that Princess air was "100% protected" and I wanted to know exactly what it would mean. Basically air as well as insurance and taxes would roll from the cancelled cruise to the one that we picked (have not decided yet). If any of these items on the replacement cruise exceed what we paid, Princess picks up the difference. If less, we will get the difference applied to our folio on the replacement cruise as refundable OBC.

I had also asked what happens to the free gratuities and the OBC that were part of our initial offer. Answer was that all of that rolls to the new cruise. In fact, the Princess rep specified the actual amount of OBC that she was moving over to the new cruise (or dummy booking that she set up). It synced with what I had noted, and included shareholder and FCD OBC! All of that will be refundable if not used on the new cruise.

The rep also immediately cancelled all prebooked excursions and processed the refunds. That was all credited back to our credit card in two days surprisingly.

It definitely pays to be prepared - our rep at least very patiently answered all of my questions and could not have been nicer.

If your accounts are linked then I don't understand how they'd not offer to all...good luck!

My experience is that any time they want something from you' date=' there is at least some room for negotiation. And I would suggest that you make them spell it out very clearly, especially if you aren't ready to re-book at that moment. For instance, you usually get an upgrade on the cabin. Be sure that you say, "So I am in a balcony cabin now. That means that I'm going to get a mini suite with a balcony on my new booking, right?" Make it clear unless you are willing to settle for a balcony cabin in a supposedly better location on the ship.

Don't be afraid to ask for what you want, particularly if you are rebooking at the time. In my case, I was making it a B2B and my "demand" was that we be in the same cabin for the entire stay. Not a big deal, and they were able to work it out. They offered me what they called a "better" cabin. I asked HOW it was better and the guy admitted that he didn't know but it sold for a little more. I suggested that from what I could tell it was the same cabin 2 decks higher, and it was more important to me that I didn't have to move since I was creating a B2B and the other leg was already planned and paid.

Things to be clear on--if you have EZ Air, they say the air will be "covered." Does this mean that they will be paying the entire airfare for your new cruise? What if that air costs less than what you paid for this EZ Air? Or does it mean that they will apply what you paid this time toward EZ Air on the next trip. The taxes and government fees--if they were $300 on this cruise and $225 on the next cruise, will you get the $75 refunded or will they just roll it all into their pile of money. If you booked your own air, they often offer $100 toward change fees. I've already looked; due to the price of flights, if I have to make a change, our change fees will be $600. Is there any wiggle room there? If you choose to book a cruise that has perks due to a sale, will you get the perks that are in effect at the time you book. I do know that if you have perks associated with the cruise they are buying out, they will offer to move those perks to the new booking, but I don't know what they'd do if you don't have any perks. In my deal, they took all the OBC and made it "refundable," including things that are not normally refundable (like FCC and shareholder credit).

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally happy with what happened when they bought out my cabin. But I am that person who wants to know everything in detail. And move over offers differ each time.[/quote']

So true! While I was waiting for my callback I made a list of questions to ensure that I understood every aspect of the offer. My offer had the language that Princess air was "100% protected" and I wanted to know exactly what it would mean. Basically air as well as insurance and taxes would roll from the cancelled cruise to the one that we picked (have not decided yet). If any of these items on the replacement cruise exceed what we paid, Princess picks up the difference. If less, we will get the difference applied to our folio on the replacement cruise as refundable OBC.

I had also asked what happens to the free gratuities and the OBC that were part of our initial offer. Answer was that all of that rolls to the new cruise. In fact, the Princess rep specified the actual amount of OBC that she was moving over to the new cruise (or dummy booking that she set up). It synced with what I had noted, and included shareholder and FCD OBC! All of that will be refundable if not used on the new cruise.

The rep also immediately cancelled all prebooked excursions and processed the refunds. That was all credited back to our credit card in two days surprisingly.

It definitely pays to be prepared - our rep at least very patiently answered all of my questions and could not have been nicer.

Thanks for all the good advice. Since our cruise is sold out, I wouldn't be surprised to receive an offer. We are looking forward to our next cruise but since we are both retired it wouldn't be an issue to change dates.

Thanks for all the great advice! We did not get a call back tonight. I'm not sure if that means anything or not. Hopefully, we will hear something tomorrow.

You should hear back one way or another, the date of your cruise is coming up quickly. Hoping it works out for you.