Security photo for Sail pass?

jagsfan

I did my online check in for our March cruise and lo and behold, now you’re asked for a photo.

I am only semi-literate on the computer.

I take photos with my iPhone and can send them to friends and to Facebook.

What I can’t do is figure out how to get them from my iPhone into my Sailpass.

I know I can wait till check in to get photos taken, but I’d love to be 21st century.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bob do you just send the photo into RCCL, how would you attach to a Set Sail pass. I have never had to send in one yet as I haven't sailed on the ships requiring them. Daughter & I will be on the Allure but not before April 2020.

Gay

Allure is not doing this as of now.

I did my online check in for our March cruise and lo and behold, now you’re asked for a photo.

I am only semi-literate on the computer.

I take photos with my iPhone and can send them to friends and to Facebook.

What I can’t do is figure out how to get them from my iPhone into my Sailpass.

I know I can wait till check in to get photos taken, but I’d love to be 21st century.

Can you do your check-in from your phone? If so, it will be easy to upload the photo that way.

But don't worry about it. If you don't do it before your cruise, they can still take your photo the old way at the pier. Adds about 32 seconds to your check-in process. ;)

Bob do you just send the photo into RCCL, how would you attach to a Set Sail pass. I have never had to send in one yet as I haven't sailed on the ships requiring them. Daughter & I will be on the Allure but not before April 2020.

Gay

No, what I was explaining above was a way to get the photo from the phone to a PC. Then use the PC, read the email, extract the photo to the desktop, then use the PC to do the online check-in and uload the photo from the PC desktop.

If you have a USB charging cable for your phone, plug the USB end into your computer when your phone is connected. It should show up as a “drive” where you can copy photos from your phone to your computer desktop. Then, just upload into your set sail pass from your desktop.

My mom is only semi computer literate (able to do the online check in, has a smart phone but may as well have an old flip phone for the way she uses it -- still can't text). She was on Anthem 1/28, they walked into the terminal @ 1050am, got checked in by someone with a handheld device who asked to see their set sail passes & passports, took their pictures with the device, & they were on the ship by 11am. Easy peasy

We were asked for a photo on our online check in for Allure 1-28 sailing. We didn't and just did one at the boarding center.

I was asked for one for my March 3rd sailing. I did upload the picture, because last time I wasn't ready when they took my photo at the port and was stuck with a ridiculous photo all the crew members got to see for a week ;)

Thanks for the input. At least I know what a USB cable is and where to plug it in! We’ll see how I do from there.

I know I can do it at check in, I just think it would be cool to try the new technology!

I was asked for one for my March 3rd sailing. I did upload the picture, because last time I wasn't ready when they took my photo at the port and was stuck with a ridiculous photo all the crew members got to see for a week ;)

Oh the humanity! :p

For our first cruise on Anthem, I uploaded photos, but they still retook our security pictures. (I could have told them we wouldn't get any better looking, no matter how many we took.)

The second time on Anthem, it worked fine.

For our first cruise on Anthem, I uploaded photos, but they still retook our security pictures. (I could have told them we wouldn't get any better looking, no matter how many we took.)

The second time on Anthem, it worked fine.

They want the picture with a blank background and just head and shoulders. If the one you upload doesn’t meet their requirement, they’ll simply take a new one at the pier check in.

we are sailing on the Serenade TA in April, we have to upload our photo. This made me so happy as we did the same thing when we sailed on the Anthem and it really speeds up the boarding process. A zip of our passports, a quick couple questions, stamped our set sail pass and off we went. Sea passes were at the cabin, you use the set sail pass until then. Less standing in line = happier start to vacation!!!

They want the picture with a blank background and just head and shoulders. If the one you upload doesn’t meet their requirement, they’ll simply take a new one at the pier check in.

I took both sets of pictures with my iPad, in the same place with a plain light beige background. I just looked at them again, and they looked the same to me; we were just nine months older.

But retaking them wasn’t a problem and took just a minute or two.

What ships are currently using this check in process and do you think Symphony will also be available ?

Quantum class, and Harmony have had it since the ships were built. It has been added to Allure and I believe Serenade.

Pretty safe bet that Symphony will have it as well.

Can you do your check-in from your phone? If so, it will be easy to upload the photo that way.

But don't worry about it. If you don't do it before your cruise, they can still take your photo the old way at the pier. Adds about 32 seconds to your check-in process. ;)

Seriously? I've been kinda stressing out about getting acceptable pics of myself, my mother-in-law, my husband, and my 3, 4, and 6 year old sons... should we just wait and do it at boarding? I started our on-line check-in, but don't think I can print our passes without them. Will it really just add a few minutes to our boarding if we show up without them? Or, do I print them without our photos?