Security photo for Sail pass?

jagsfan

It's simply amazing how much time and thought goes into this when the whole thing is NOT NEEDED or required. They'll take your photo in 2 seconds at check in. Not when boarding. Period. If you want to play their game and upload one, have fun and go for it, up to you. Otherwise it will be done at check in and will take no time at all.

• 2 weeks later...
It's simply amazing how much time and thought goes into this when the whole thing is NOT NEEDED or required. They'll take your photo in 2 seconds at check in. Not when boarding. Period. If you want to play their game and upload one, have fun and go for it, up to you. Otherwise it will be done at check in and will take no time at all.

Makes their job easier...less work for the people doing security, etc. at check-in. What does seem odd is that they apparently ask for it on some sailings and not others. Can you say, "consistently inconsistent?"

Yes it is. I did it.

We just were on the Allure and even though I downloaded the photo online, they still took our pictures at checking and there were no agents walking around with IPads to check people in either.

We just were on the Allure and even though I downloaded the photo online, they still took our pictures at checking and there were no agents walking around with IPads to check people in either.

When we sailed there was also no one with I-pads. You still had to go up to an agent, they looked at the seapass and passport, stamped the seapass and the we went directly to the boarding area. If I had not uploaded a photo and the agent had to take it I don't think I would have noticed the slightest bit of delay..... especially after the ridiculously long line I had to stand in just to get to the agent.:rolleyes:

The alternate check in process (roaming agents with tablets) only happens on Harmony and Quantum class.

I am writing this with a big grin...:D

On the Ovation, they asked for a photo online.

Yes, I used my passport photo (knowing well enough it was a few years old)...but hey, it looks good. At embarkation, I had a beard. In the passport photo I submitted, I was clean shaven. Security said "Doesn't look like you", and took another picture.

During our sailing, I shaved. Coming back onboard at one of the ports, the security guy again said "Doesn't look like you", and took another picture.

We were on the Ovation for 34 days so I grew my beard back before the end of the cruise...needless to say, they took a third picture. ;)

I did my online check in for our March cruise and lo and behold, now you’re asked for a photo.

I am only semi-literate on the computer.

I know I can wait till check in to get photos taken, but I’d love to be 21st century.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can skip it and they will make your picture @checkin

Yes, I used my passport photo (knowing well enough it was a few years old)...but hey, it looks good. At embarkation, I had a beard. In the passport photo I submitted, I was clean shaven. Security said "Doesn't look like you", and took another picture.

During our sailing, I shaved. Coming back onboard at one of the ports, the security guy again said "Doesn't look like you", and took another picture.

We were on the Ovation for 34 days so I grew my beard back before the end of the cruise...needless to say, they took a third picture. ;)

Sounds like you were playing with them :cool:

Many years ago, long before ships had much security, I shaved my mustache the 4th night of a cruise. At the time I had had it for over 10 years. We were traveling with 2 other couple that we knew from back home. Everyone at our dinner table were looking at funny but did not realize what I had done...not even my wife at first. She was the first to figure it out.

They will take your photo for you, if you don't have one. Make them work for their money! Only adds about 4 secs. to your check in time.

I can think of no good reason to upload a photo. As noted above it will take about 4 seconds at check in.

I know this is from a month ago, but I'm just getting back into the boards.

4 seconds times 6000 guests is over 6 hours of time reps have to spend taking pics. Time they could be using to make sure other things get done. If that doesn't matter to you, because you want those people to work harder for their money for some reason, if there are 200 people in front of you in line and they all need their picture taken, that's over 10 minutes longer you have to wait in line.

I did my online check in for our March cruise and lo and behold, now you’re asked for a photo.

I am only semi-literate on the computer.

I take photos with my iPhone and can send them to friends and to Facebook.

What I can’t do is figure out how to get them from my iPhone into my Sailpass.

I know I can wait till check in to get photos taken, but I’d love to be 21st century.

May I ask what ship this is for?

I know this is from a month ago, but I'm just getting back into the boards.

4 seconds times 6000 guests is over 6 hours of time reps have to spend taking pics. Time they could be using to make sure other things get done. If that doesn't matter to you, because you want those people to work harder for their money for some reason, if there are 200 people in front of you in line and they all need their picture taken, that's over 10 minutes longer you have to wait in line.

And there are like 15-20 stations for check-in. That's less than 30 minutes for each attendant...

We recently were on the Allure. We spent the time to upload compliant photos (which we have used on other ships).

The check-in counter in Ft Lauderdale said, don’t care, they are going to re take them because that is what they were trained to do.

So, a waste of our time and effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol....