KONINGSDAM Movie Location. Good/Bad??

LocoLoco1

BIG screen at one end of the Lido Pool. We loved it! They rearrange the furniture so that all the loungers are near the screen, facing it. They even put special headrests on the loungers. You could watch the movie from the couches on the upper level, but we always sat in the loungers. I think the roof was open one evening and closed the night it rained. That didn't make any difference in the sound.

The only noise issue was one night when there was a lot of motion and the pool was splashing. Sometimes the waves in the pool got very loud.

And they put out popcorn, or you could take out food from the Lido if you prefer a larger snack.

It's definitely in the plus column for K'dam when we think about next winter.

Edited to add: They also show a BBC Earth documentary each afternoon. I think it starts at 3:00. The soundtrack wasn't so loud that it couldn't be ignored if you didn't want to listen.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

It is just like MUTS which Princess has had for many years...except it is all weather, which MUTS isn't. Only thing "new" about it is that it is not subject to the weather.

And not overwhelming LOUD during the day. On Princess, they started kiddie movies at noon, and the volume level drove us away from an otherwise pleasant area. HAL's version is more civilized.

The space itself is lovely, IMO, but terrible for watching movies. Noise level and echo makes it more of a chore than a joy, so we elected to watch any movie we wanted to see in our cabin.

When a movie is being shown, it's a good time to grab a snack from NY Deli & Pizza, as there were so few people in that area during movies. Also, on our cruise, we noticed that the first couple of nights the movie seemed to be well attended, but after that hardly anyone watching the movie. Whether lack of attendance was due to something better going on in another area of the ship or lack of interest in the particular movie we couldn't tell. OR if could have been that word got around about the poor sound and distractions.

I think it would be fun to watch a movie and grab some popcorn or a slice of pizza. Hopefully, the sound will be alright.

We also thought that. However, we tried a couple of times but it was SO loud we left. We did take popcorn away with us though!

We also thought that. However, we tried a couple of times but it was SO loud we left. We did take popcorn away with us though!

I think we will check it out and see if it's too loud for us. I will make sure to grab some popcorn.:)

We went one night and enjoyed the movie while on the lounge chair. The pillow made it comfortable and we grabbed a blanket as well. I think there were only about 6 of us in attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do they show current movies?