Shabby, Saggy, Sticky, Spotty

TMLAalum

Read a recent post about the sorry state of towels on one of Celebrity's ships which got me curious about the frequency of replacement with new items for cabin essentials. Is it done only during drydock for a vessel? In my mind there should be a schedule for such, say yearly or bi-annually- does anyone know about the following?

Towels-

Mattresses-

Carpets (deep cleaning)

Coffee tables (the laminate starts to bubble after awhile et voila! shabby!)

Read a recent post about the sorry state of towels on one of Celebrity's ships which got me curious about the frequency of replacement with new items for cabin essentials. Is it done only during drydock for a vessel? In my mind there should be a schedule for such, say yearly or bi-annually- does anyone know about the following?

Towels-

Mattresses-

Carpets (deep cleaning)

Coffee tables (the laminate starts to bubble after awhile et voila! shabby!)

Dry docks are not for the replacement of such items. All soft furnishing, furniture and, even, kitchen equipment is changed as and when required. They carry replacements on board.

Last month on Eclipse all the carpets in the forward elevators were replaced -- the smell of the adhesive was pretty strong in those tiny enclosed spaces which gave it away, otherwise we would not have noticed. Some of the carpets in the deck 5 public areas were replaced over night one night. An insomniac passenger I know saw that happen as he was wandering the decks in the middle of the night (he has gotten to know all the security staff pretty well during the wee hours, he says!)

Phew! Based on the title of this thread I thought someone posted a picture of me.

My CC time is usually breakfast where if I read a funny I spill my coffee... unfortunately read this in the evening and have now spilt my G&T!

As the thread starter, I'm glad the title has resulted in laughter!

It's good to know we can request a towel exchange if we do receive any threadbare ones.

Is there a time-limit on keeping mattresses in service? From researching hotel industry standards, once yearly at a 75% occupancy rate is considered adequate. I'd speculate that ship cabins are seldom unoccupied. So hopefully Celebrity meets or exceeds this recommendation!

Barb

PS- Hi Pattyhoo. I am class of '64! Reunion on the 5s coming up next year and, as with the prior one, we will be sailing Celebrity.

I can't remember which ship, but one night when I went to bed I could not find a pillow to suit me and thought something was amiss. When I told the cabin steward the next day, he told me they had replaced all the pillows with new ones. I told him I did not like them, and he gave me back the old pillows (which he had tucked under the bed!)

Carolyn