Upgrading drink package on board or online

ilymom!

Hello. DH is just now involving himself in our Cruise Planning, we leave Sunday- LOL! I was planning to upgrade his drink package from Classic to Premium on board based on reading the forum. I like the idea of putting a little extra money in one of the bartenders pockets. However, DH read the fine print that upgrading is subject to availability on board. Is there a chance once we get on board that he won't be able to upgrade? He wants to enjoy his Guinness and different Scotch not available with the classic package. Should we just purchase it now or will he be ok to wait and do it on board. Thank you!!!

BTW Guinness is now on the Classic package. DH very happy:D

Oh good! He thought Guinness should be included in the Classic package. He still wants to upgrade for the Whiskey/Scotch and his Vitamin Water. Sadly, my favorite Tito's isn't on any package!

Oh good! He thought Guinness should be included in the Classic package. He still wants to upgrade for the Whiskey/Scotch and his Vitamin Water. Sadly, my favorite Tito's isn't on any package!

Guinness wasn’t on the classic package until recently, but DH will probably still upgrade for Leffe Blonde and some of the cocktails. I’m a wine drinker, and the classic choices are meh, so I’ll probably upgrade too. DH hates dealing with the slips, and we’ve upgraded either onboard or before the cruise without issues. Cheers:D

Tito's IS on the classic package.

for anyone who is elite plus....wait to upgrade until you are on board. You will may get the 15% discount drink package discount on the upgrade (as I did).

That’s interesting. Is that only for elite plus? I’ve inquired about Captains Club discounts for upgrading, but was told the discount only applied to package purchase, not upgrade.

We upgraded on board. $10 per day each. Seems too us most drinks we enjoy were $11 - 13. Didn't want to be annoyed by signing things or having all those amounts added to our account. When we left the ship our balance was easy to read and less than 1/2 page. Exactly what we expected.

I booked with the free Classic Beverage Package, so if I upgrade on board, it still just $70 total? I would think so, but just want to make sure. I have some OBC that would cover that. I wouldn't mind some of those more pricey libations.;)

I booked with the free Classic Beverage Package, so if I upgrade on board, it still just $70 total? I would think so, but just want to make sure. I have some OBC that would cover that. I wouldn't mind some of those more pricey libations.;)

There is the gratuity in addition to the upgrade amount so it is $70 + 18%.

Just for clarity since I don't know how long your cruise is, the upgrade price is $10 per day + 18% gratuity. For a 7 night cruise,....do the math.:)

Our cruise was a 7 day cruise. If we upgraded the first day, it was $60 plus 18%. Equinox cruise departing 2/3/18.

That’s interesting. Is that only for elite plus? I’ve inquired about Captains Club discounts for upgrading, but was told the discount only applied to package purchase, not upgrade.

I'd like to know the answer to this too, to determine if I wait on board to upgrade or not. Also can one person in the room upgrade to premium and one stay on classic?

Our cruise was a 7 day cruise. If we upgraded the first day, it was $60 plus 18%. Equinox cruise departing 2/3/18.

I echo what Jeno said. We were also on the Equinox last week and on the first day on the ship, all of the bartenders were offering to upgrade to the Premium package and give you the special deal of paying for 6 days but getting it for 7 days. So, we paid $10 per person plus 18% ($1.80) or $11.80 times 6 = $70.80 to have the Premium package for the entire 7 day cruise. We thought it was a really good deal.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just boarded Solstice this morning for a 16-night cruise. Upgraded to the premium package. They were running a special. We got the upgrade from the normal $188.80 for $129.71 each. Don't know how they did the math, but was supposed to be 30-35% discount.

I would say wait until you get on board before you upgrade. Additionally, upgrade with whatever bar you frequent. They will remember you.

Also keep in mind you don't have to upgrade right away. You can upgrade at any time up to the last few days prorated. Sometimes it pays just to take a day or two and see if you need to upgrade vs just paying the occasional difference for a higher priced drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was an offer on the other week so I upgraded online from Classic to Premium.

We are on a 14 night cruise.

Original cost to upgrade was £127.20 but with the deal the cost was £118.94 which is £8.50 per day which I thought was a good deal and cheaper than I can get on board (and cheaper than $11.80 per day, at current exchange rate)

But reading this I'm not sure if I could get a better deal if I wait till I'm on board if they are offering an Elite discount or more days for less?

My thinking is unless the exchange rate goes back up in the next 6 weeks to over $1.40 I think this was still the better deal?

There was an offer on the other week so I upgraded online from Classic to Premium.

We are on a 14 night cruise.

Original cost to upgrade was £127.20 but with the deal the cost was £118.94 which is £8.50 per day which I thought was a good deal and cheaper than I can get on board (and cheaper than $11.80 per day, at current exchange rate)

But reading this I'm not sure if I could get a better deal if I wait till I'm on board if they are offering an Elite discount or more days for less?

My thinking is unless the exchange rate goes back up in the next 6 weeks to over $1.40 I think this was still the better deal?

Where was it showing the deal please?

It's on our online planner, when I log in, it says at the top in a blue bar ' Good News! You are eligible for Beverage Packages Upgrades.' and has link at the end of the bar to see upgrades and takes you to the beverage page where you can buy it.

I've just checked it again and its still there on offer as my husband has the Classic but can also upgrade to the Premium for £8.50 per day if he wanted to (but he won't be)