Pre-Cruise Concierge for Haven- how likely am I to be successful in these requests?

the_dylaness

I have never emailed a concierge (or anyone else) prior to any cruise for anything.

However, there are three things that based on the videos and pictures I can see of our room that I will certainly need to have done.

I requested the following from the pre-cruise concierge in an email:

1) Please split the beds into twins rather than king.

2) Please add a third seating option (chair or lounger, either is fine) on the balcony since we have three people.

3) Please set up coffee service items in the bedroom, as the adults will wake up far in advance of the child who will be sleeping (lightly) on the couch.

Has anyone else ever requested these things and had success? They would make our cruise much more comfortable.

Which ship/cabin are you sailing?

1) I am not aware of any Haven suites where the bed in master bedroom can be split...

2) should be no problem (depending on balcony size, some cannot really fit more than two chairs). If not done once you get to the cabin, steward will be happy to bring additional lounger.

3) depends on cabin and power outlets.

Which ship/cabin?

As far as my experience the king cannot be split. My sister and I shared the king last year in the Epic deluxe owner suite and really we never even knew the other one was there.

Getting a third chair is an easy do.

Most suite bedrooms do not have the counter space for the large coffee machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could probably move the coffee station from the living room area into the bedroom and put it on the desk/vanity. I can tell you how that will go down though.......you will eventually have to do it yourself or ask your room steward to do it once you get on the ship. I think if they can make that accommodation on the ship they will but the pre cruise conceirge will be of no help with that. I don't think the new pre-cruise Haven conceirge does anything outside of scheduling dinner, shows, spa......no special requests. Its like when you call you are talking to a PCC that has no idea what's going on, you can tell they've never been on an NCL cruise and they don't know how to make special requests happen.

The pre-cruise concierge has changed from past years. In the past, when I emailed I think I was connected right to the conceirge on the ship. The latest concierge service doesn't do much beyond make reservations with the same MYNCL online access that I could do. I requested a booth for dinner......in the past that was no problem for Haven requests, this year I call and they had no way to make that request I'm told. In the past you could give them a dinner time and it was usually accommodated, now I think all they do is go to the online reservations and if the online reservations are full you are SOL. It's like they don't have any special Haven pull at all. Trying to coordinate the shows I'd booked with a dinner time that was available probably 70 days out you think they could have helped me with......nope. Instead since they couldn't accommodate my dinner/show time requests they are sending my request to the ship to work out. Well, I know for sure once I get on the ship and talk to them the first day or so they will be able to accommodate my simple requests when I ask but that's not the purpose of a pre-conceirge!

I guess I'm OK with that but compared to how the pre-cruise Haven conceirge used to work, this is a downgrade. I'd almost rather not be offered a service that doesn't help me. I can do online everything they can do. They can offer no more.

The king size bed in the suite isn't two single beds pushed together as on other cruise lines. It's a real king.

How is the precruise concierge contacted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL's pre-cruise conciergedesk is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and can bereached by calling 1-855-625-4283. You'll need to give them your reservation number first thing. After making your requests, they will also ask about extra towel preferences, coffee & tea preferences, pillow selection, etc.

We usually, but not always, find our requests have been met when we board, but it helps to bring a copy of your requests (we like the fridge cleared out, so our wine bottles will fit:D, skim milk for tea, that extra chair or 2nd chaise lounge on the balcony...) to give to your butler. She/he will appreciate it.

I have never emailed a concierge (or anyone else) prior to any cruise for anything.

However, there are three things that based on the videos and pictures I can see of our room that I will certainly need to have done.

I requested the following from the pre-cruise concierge in an email....

3) Please set up coffee service items in the bedroom, as the adults will wake up far in advance of the child who will be sleeping (lightly) on the couch.

I know it isn't ideal, but coffee and tea are set out, along with pastries, in the Haven pool area every morning. It might be easier to grab something there before your child wakes up, than brew it in your bedroom. There's also butler service. You can ask your butler to not ring your doorbell, but just come in to quietly deliver a carafe of coffee each morning.

I guess I'm OK with that but compared to how the pre-cruise Haven conceirge used to work, this is a downgrade. I'd almost rather not be offered a service that doesn't help me. I can do online everything they can do. They can offer no more.

Pretty much my experience with our May 6 cruise coming up. Ended up just using the MyNCL site to do everything.

NCL's pre-cruise conciergedesk is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and can bereached by calling 1-855-625-4283. You'll need to give them your reservation number first thing. After making your requests, they will also ask about extra towel preferences, coffee & tea preferences, pillow selection, etc.

We usually, but not always, find our requests have been met when we board, but it helps to bring a copy of your requests (we like the fridge cleared out, so our wine bottles will fit:D, skim milk for tea, that extra chair or 2nd chaise lounge on the balcony...) to give to your butler. She/he will appreciate it.

About 50 to 60 days before sailing you should receive a letter from NCL Pre-cruise Concierge desk with the

number to call and the details listed above.

ALSO if you are in a OWNERS SUITE or GARDEN VILLA you should be prompted to list your complimentary

bottles of alcohol that are part of the perks going with that suite you can also request what you want or don't

want in the mini-fridge - contents which are also complimentary.

Regarding the splitting of the KING bed - generally NO can do. The underneath structure of the bed does not

permit separating the king mattress - but oh is there a lot of storage space for your empty luggage.

Some suites have a convertible couch - some a Murphy bed that drops out of a wall enclosure - and others

a 2nd bedroom. A roll-away-bed is another option depending on space.

You did not indicate the ship and cabin number -

possible to google - facebook - youtube - cruisedeckplans it for a photo or video.

If one is not available possible to view a cabin with the MIRROR/reverse image.

The NCL provided generic floor plans always leave much to be desired !

I did get an email response prior to departure advising me they would have a third chair on the balcony (it wasn’t but it was easy to get one), that the beds could not be split, and that they would supply regular coffee (not sure they understood the question but no problem). You cannot set coffee up in bedroom unless you remove the clock from the left side of the bed and use that table because that’s the only plug.

You will receive a pre-concierge letter in the mail which you can respond to either by email by phone. Generally I have gotten it around 45 days before sailing.

Your requests-1-split king bed is not possible but it is a gigantic king bed bigger than any I have ever seen so two people can sleep in it and not even notice the other is there.

2-extra furniture on balcony-ask your room steward when onboard 3-move coffee service-ask your butler if you have one or the room steward when onboard

Other requests and things asked in the letter include pillow menu, do you want extra towels, if in an owner's suite or garden villa what type of alcohol, when are you arriving, do you want tea or coffee and what type, bottled or still water, and a few others.

Thank you!!!

Have called pre-cruise concierge each time without any issues. They would send me our requests and I printed them. Anything not there or I wanted to change wasn't an issue just gave the list to your butler (he or she handles in room items). Done by the end of the 1st. day.

As for the bed unclear sorry always had room if we took our Aunt, Grandson or Sons with us we had 2 BR suites.

Love the suite life on NCL (may miss it in April on POA), been on other lines not even close :).

Enjoy

I did get an email response prior to departure advising me they would have a third chair on the balcony (it wasn’t but it was easy to get one), that the beds could not be split, and that they would supply regular coffee (not sure they understood the question but no problem). You cannot set coffee up in bedroom unless you remove the clock from the left side of the bed and use that table because that’s the only plug.

So are you on the sailing now?

If so, let us know when you get back how things are.

The pre-concierge service rocks...ask for Connie if you have an option.

The only request we have not had meet was for special reading pillows that were offered as an option - certainly not a biggie. Fridge requests (almond milk, ice tea and no soda), bedding requests (extra blankets for this cold girl), and snack requests (fruit for adults, extra gummy bears for little man) - never an issue. I'm also a vegan - they have not only had a ton of options for me, but our butler has twice not introduced me to the chef and gone over my particular food options. I'm not really an adventurous eater - but they 110% went out of their way to make me happy!

Connie also confirmed / assisted with all dining/ show reservations, and booked our last cabana. Easy-peasy.

I know it sounds rather snobby - but the service is there, you are paying a premium, and it guarantees a stress-free trip. How can that be a bad thing? Even better...once you use the service, they keep all of your information in a file, so you are all set for your next trip!

Have a great cruise - Amy

The pre-concierge service rocks...ask for Connie if you have an option.

The only request we have not had meet was for special reading pillows that were offered as an option - certainly not a biggie. Fridge requests (almond milk, ice tea and no soda), bedding requests (extra blankets for this cold girl), and snack requests (fruit for adults, extra gummy bears for little man) - never an issue. I'm also a vegan - they have not only had a ton of options for me, but our butler has twice not introduced me to the chef and gone over my particular food options. I'm not really an adventurous eater - but they 110% went out of their way to make me happy!

Connie also confirmed / assisted with all dining/ show reservations, and booked our last cabana. Easy-peasy.

I know it sounds rather snobby - but the service is there, you are paying a premium, and it guarantees a stress-free trip. How can that be a bad thing? Even better...once you use the service, they keep all of your information in a file, so you are all set for your next trip!

Have a great cruise - Amy

If you are talking about the wedge pillow I think it is as elusive as Big Foot. I've only read one person say they've ever gotton one and I'm not sure they really knew what they were talking about.

If you are talking about the wedge pillow I think it is as elusive as Big Foot. I've only read one person say they've ever gotton one and I'm not sure they really knew what they were talking about.

I had the reading pillow on the Dawn. Was only an oversized square pillow. That's what they gave me and when I asked for a second wedge they brought the same thing, so guess that's their idea of a reading pillow. It worked fine for me.

Oh and I agree Connie is the best. We have had her two of the four times and she has always followed through.

Unfortunately for us, we have been assigned a completely inept pre-concierge. We recently upgraded to an owners suite ( on Jade) from a Haven penthouse and are supposed to pick out 3 bottles of wine or liquor. I spoke to her last week and only just received an email regarding other requests. Nothing about choosing wine. Some things she said are not available I know are because I sailed POA in 2016 and they went out of their way to accommodate me.

Charge me $25 for a shrimp platter when shrimp cocktail is available to suite guests in Cagneys? I think not. No dairy free chocolate? Well, I got dairy free chocolate dipped ( dark chocolate) fruit on POA no problem. I am really frustrated right now. I can only hope I have better luck onboard with my butler/ concierge.

I’m at 42 days and so far nothing. I did get my luggage tags though!

In the past, we have always received a pre-cruise concierge letter, but we’re sailing on the Breakaway in about two weeks and haven’t heard a word.

I had the phone number (from previous cruises), so I called with a request to add one person to two dinner reservations and was told that my request would be forwarded and I could check when onboard to see if the person was added. It would have been nice to receive a pre-cruise letter and follow-up on a request.

OP - as others have said, pre-cruise requests are sometimes met and sometimes not. Unfortunately, I don’t believe your master bed can be split.

"Elusive wedge pillow" - hysterical!

So glad that Connie is spreading the love - and disappointed for anyone with a bad experience. Part of the joy of cruising for me is the bliss of turning off your brain (and stress) for an entire week - having a pre-concierge helps tremendously with that aspect.

Connie is actually lying in wait to help us for our upcoming June trip - had sent her and her manager a thank you email for her outstanding service, and she sent me a countdown reminder of when to contact her re: special requests for June. Things like this mean we have, and will continue to choose NCL for our family vacations.

I know it isn't ideal, but coffee and tea are set out, along with pastries, in the Haven pool area every morning. It might be easier to grab something there before your child wakes up, than brew it in your bedroom. There's also butler service. You can ask your butler to not ring your doorbell, but just come in to quietly deliver a carafe of coffee each morning.

What time does coffee service begin in the Haven restaurant area? There is an espresso machine in our room, but I dont want to wake up my family making coffee.....