confirming corkage fee

If I bring the two bottles on the ship, but only drink in my room, i do not pay the fee. If I bring them to the MDR or anywhere else in public, I do. Is that correct?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7873

You have correctly stated the current rules, however, the crew seem loathe to charge the fee. We've brought many bottles of wine to the MDR of several ships and have not been charged corkage.

Can we open the bottle in our stateroom and bring it to the MDR and not be charged? Or would it be best just to pour into glasses and bring to MDR?

No. It is the bottle that triggers the fee. But yes, you can carry in glasses of wine fee-free

If we took a bottle to the top deck for the sail away,would there be a problem?

Possibly, as the bottle could break if accidentally dropped and then there is glass everywhere. So yes, they might tell you no.

we have had plenty waiters bring us a glass on deck ???
. An actual glass, or a plastic cup of some kind?

I did pay for corkage in the MDR on Liberty a few weeks ago. I wasn't charged for the 1st one I brought but was for the 2nd (later in the week). I didn't mind paying as I knew going in that it was a possibility.

Was this a charge that appeared on your account, or were you brought a slip to sign with a line item?

Was this a charge that appeared on your account, or were you brought a slip to sign with a line item?

The waiter told me that there would be a charge before he opened it. I didn't get upset or question the charge as I knew it was a possibility. The area we were in was very central in the dining room so its possible that a supervisor was nearby.

The waiter told me that there would be a charge before he opened it. I didn't get upset or question the charge as I knew it was a possibility. The area we were in was very central in the dining room so its possible that a supervisor was nearby.

Don’t have a problem either as long as I am told in advance.

It's just so much more simple for us IMHO....to just walk in with a glass of wine in hand for dinner. Also works well to make standing in line to wait for your table that much more bearable. :cool::wine-glass::wine-glass:

Works fine when we are drinking red. When I am drinking white I would prefer to have it kept stored in the dining room.