Canyon Ranch Spa Botox Prices OUCH

Merriem

We have a Solstice cruise on March 5th with a large OBC. So thought I would check on Botox at Canyon Ranch. I know their prices are high, but I practically fell off my chair when I got an email back. $20 a unit. The going rate in Tucson at a very well regarded plastic surgeon is $12 a unit.

This is not to start a heated discussion on Botox on ships.......but to say that is really crazy. I told her that was nonsense and she said she would tell the spa director.

I don't care if it is a manicure, a massage, but their prices are way out of line.

My nail polish was chipping towards the end of the cruise. I can't stand untidy nails so I made an appointment at the spa. They charged me $106 for a manicure with long lasting Deborah Lippmann nail polish. When she handed me the bill, she said she added in the tip, but I was free to give additional. The manicurist also messed up my nails by sanding off too much of the top layer. Never again.

Facials and massage are definitely higher than land based services...but I usually do OK with the " port special " pricing..

I still buy the Elemis products online, lots of specials if one is patient and I prefer them to CR.

I do not do botox but would not do it on the ship if I did. They really push a hard sell for those services...

I thought about treating my wife to a nice massage while on our cruise in March / April on Solstice - then I saw the price list and almost had a heart attack!

Look for port specials & others announced in the daily...you may luck out.,Some of the combos are good,

I could manage to live with the outlandish prices, after all, I was on vacation and it was an overpriced splurge. However several cruises ago, I booked a massage and prior to treatment, I asked the masseuse not to try to sell me any products, I wasn't buying anything. Well after 90 minutes on non-stop salesmanship on the benefits of dry brushing, (which I told her I did not like or want) she had the nerve to ask for an additional tip. I haven't been back. There was also some issue pre-treatment about the price I was to pay. I had luckily brought the card with me that had the special pricing written on it and signed by the spa rep that sold it to me. Beware! I don't mind paying a premium for a spa service onboard, but I want a premium service and not a stressing, high pressure sales pitch with no regard for my clearly expressed requests.

We generally do end up using the spa on most cruises but only for the ‘specials’. The normal prices are outrageous but the ‘specials’ aren’t much more than they would be at home. Now, if you want something specific like Botox or a body scrub you can’t get those on special. But at some point during the cruise they will have massages, facials, or some combination of the 2 at a discount.

Personally, I’ve never experience the hard pitch for products people complain about. I enjoy my treatment. At the end they take 5 minutes to sell product. Listen politely, say no thank you, sign the receipt and leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish that my last experience was like Sanger727 had, but my last Celebity massage was a 90 minute sales pitch that didn't stop from beginning to end regardless of my asking politely that it not occur both before and several times during. When I go for a massage I like a quiet experience that allows me to relax instead of a 90 minute non stop conversation with someone trying to sell me something. This woman talked the entire time and didn't stop with the sales pitch. Five minutes after the treatment would not have caused me to stop frequenting the spa. This was the exact opposite of your experience and most unpleasant.